X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BooLE View Post
    Bob,

can you help with one thing please.

In first stock MK808 JB ROM there was an option to configure physical keyboard, but somehow in all later stock firmwares this option is gone. Can you do something to include it in latest custom rom using latest kernel?

What is my actual issue. To stop virtual keyboard from rising when Fly mouse keyboard is attached I have to use Nullkeyboard, but I can not in any way change physical keyboard layout to anything other (US qwerty, and I want to be able to have HR (Croatian) qwertz)
    This is also one issue of me. That virtual keyboard keeps pop up .really disturbing!

Comment

Originally posted by jefflessard View Post
      Thank you Finless for your great work!

I updated to ROM 1.5 yesterday and I constantly have problem with the WiFi. Sometimes it shows as connected but apps can't reach the network. Sometimes it shows as not connected, but WIFi Analyzer shows about -50db signal which is good.

Is anybody else suffering the same? How do you get around it?
      Personnaly, I either wait a couple of minutes or I power down the unit... but I would like a software fix if possible.

By the way, it really seams like a software issue, does anybody knows how to get hands on the kernel source code?
      Same here as for the wifi part. sometimes connection is lost While the device is about 70-80 cm from the accespoint.Turn wifi on/off normally helps to get connection again.

Comment

Still some WiFi issues

Bob,

thanks for the new ROM. I've installed it and played for two days on a Samsung 32" HDTV via HDMI.
        Resolution is OK, Antuntu gives me a 6986, where with your previous ROM I got around 6400

Youtube is not working, and I had to uninstall the version and install a previous one I have in an apk Youtube V3.5

Wifi is strangely working as follows: It connects and working in 65MBps but a lot of times it gets disconnecting and reconnecting either in YouTube in-between two different videos (at the end of one video I press to load another one, the WiFi disconnects and then reconnects and then the video starts to download) or in Google Play. But when it starts downloading a YouTube video it does not disconnect. Or when it downloads an app it does not disconnects.
        Or when I listen to tuneit it does not disconnects.
        I have a wireless keyboard connected via a USB Hub dongle.

Also the camera does not work with FXCamera Free. With Finless ROM 1.4 it worked OK.
        But now with the new option in Settings->Sound the camera's build in mic is working in Skype.
        I have a Microsoft VX-800 connected via USB Hub.

In any case I find that new ROM overall better in terms of WiFi stability, but I suppose something is missing yet.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          Hello again folks!
          I am back with a new ROM for the MK808.
          This was made using the latest Jellybean ROM for the MK808 released 10/26 (today) by the manufcaturer!
          This looks like a great release!! I would love to try this ROM but yesterday I updated my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 8 and there's no compatible driver for MK808 (RK30xx) yet. :/ If anyone found a solution for Windows 8 please post it here... thank you.

Comment

MK808 Android mini TV Player - Finless ROM 1.5 Custom ROM

I'm thinking about buying mk808.
            I'm really confused because i read reviews and i watched on youtube some videos and it seems it could be a great product, but i read some forums with some negative impressions about wifi and other problems.
            So, what's the true? why for someone works and for someone not?
            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Maxtone View Post
              Ciao alberto, volevo chiederti se questa ROM va bene anche per Gv-20 /MK808 (ma sono uguali questi 2 minipc?)...e se non so uguali se qualcuno sta sviluppando un ROMA per la GV-20.

Grazie.

are the same and have the same tv box firmware

Comment

ethernet?

boys but if I connect a usb ethernet device is detected? .... otherwise what's the ethernet option?

Comment

Networking Alternative

Hi Bob,

Just like many others I wanted to say a HUGE thanks for your ROM.

Whilst it may defeat the purpose a little I hooked up an ASIX AX88178 USB Gigabit Adapter via the OTG port using a mini hub and it's been really stable. I haven't done any benchmark tests yet but it's been really solid. I bought mine at Amazon for around $26 and got free shipping via Prime, anyway here is the link if anyone is interested http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o05_s00_i01

One thing I'm finding is that Apps I'm loading onto the MK808 are disappearing after some reboots ... can't figure out why since I thought the RAM was persistent but maybe not. I would like to get XBMC to stick around with config options ... that would be awesome !

My dream is to get Linux up and running on this bad boy ... but based on the lack of source I'm wondering if that's ever going to be possible.

A greek can dream I guess

Comment

Originally posted by alberto View Post
                    boys but if I connect a usb ethernet device is detected? .... otherwise what's the ethernet option?
                    Yes, you can without problem.
                    Something like this: http://www.****.com/itm/White-USB-2-...item2a250500d6
                    Last edited by bthoven; 10-29-2012, 07:23. Reason: add more information

Comment

MK808 Android mini TV Player - Finless ROM 1.5 Custom ROM

Thanks Bob for this excellent Rom.

Comparing to the rooted ICS rom, this one is snappier, but wifi is worst. I use ipad 10w power supply and wifi never dropped to 5Mbps under ICS. Though ICS has very annoying video/audio sync issue which never be an issue with JB!

I now give up the internal wifi and been using a usb wifi with great and stable performance.

One issue is from time to time, I can't open some apps, e.g. Facebook and the email client; it opens up a short while and close itself. Reboot seems to get them back.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                        My firmware is based off this firmware. Why do you think otherwise?
                        Please excuse me for the misunderstanding, I do not speak English properly. I just wanted to know why they are different. Now I understand that your firmware is up to date and better.

Comment

Stuck at the Boot Logo if I remove the power - do Someone have a CLUE?

Dear All

It happened to me already 3-4 times (1 with the stock new firmware).

After performing a bunch of installation from Google Play, I powered off
                          (hard-way, removing the power connector from the +- plug).
                          Then when I reboot the mk808 remains stuck at the boot log. (and Then I re-flash)

About the rest the room is fastastic, i would like to report also 1300 points in geekbench which makes this things faster than the new Ipad and slightly slower than with Galaxy SIII, I phone 5, and other last generation phone, tablets. I can report that my Tegra3 Asus infinity score 1650 on geekbench (stock jelly bean).

Trycage

Comment

Originally posted by trycage View Post
                            Dear All

It happened to me already 3-4 times (1 with the stock new firmware).

After performing a bunch of installation from Google Play, I powered off
                            (hard-way, removing the power connector from the +- plug).
                            Then when I reboot the mk808 remains stuck at the boot log. (and Then I re-flash)

About the rest the room is fastastic, i would like to report also 1300 points in geekbench which makes this things faster than the new Ipad and slightly slower than with Galaxy SIII, I phone 5, and other last generation phone, tablets. I can report that my Tegra3 Asus infinity score 1650 on geekbench (stock jelly bean).

Trycage
                            From the first post in this thread. I had the same problem and reflash is by far only solution. But it is not only reboot application, it is also pressing ctrl+alt+del on my flymouse keyb.

WARNING! If you read nothing else READ THIS!
                            On this kernel the reboot APP is causing Cache or file system corruption! This is not the reboot APPS fault. This is intermittent. Sometimes it works OK sometimes not.
                            The kernel is NOT properly processing the reboot command and is corrupting file systems!
                            SO DO NOT USE REBOOT from the reboot APP! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
                            All other functions seem to be OK except reboot.
                            In fact the unit WILL power off believe it or not using the power off command!
                            If you use reboot and are stuck on the boot screen or boot logo, you will have to reflash the ROM.
                            We will work on seeing if we can fix that later but I believe it is a kernel problem.
                            The other kernels do not have this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by BooLE View Post
                              From the first post in this thread. I had the same problem and reflash is by far only solution. But it is not only reboot application, it is also pressing ctrl+alt+del on my flymouse keyb.

WARNING! If you read nothing else READ THIS!
                              On this kernel the reboot APP is causing Cache or file system corruption! This is not the reboot APPS fault. This is intermittent. Sometimes it works OK soYmetimes not.
                              The kernel is NOT properly processing the reboot command and is corrupting file systems!
                              SO DO NOT USE REBOOT from the reboot APP! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
                              All other functions seem to be OK except reboot.
                              In fact the unit WILL power off believe it or not using the power off command!
                              If you use reboot and are stuck on the boot screen or boot logo, you will have to reflash the ROM.
                              We will work on seeing if we can fix that later but I believe it is a kernel problem.
                              The other kernels do not have this problem.

Yes I read the first post,
                              But it happened to me so many times that I was wondering How can I shut down without corrupting. Does The shutdown (reboot) soft button help?
                              Last edited by trycage; 10-29-2012, 11:24. Reason: typo

Comment

Shutdown from app is working well, I don't have problems with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X