This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ALSINJAN View Post
    I found that the problem lies in the HDMI from my TV.
    If anyone is interested, see the link below:

Maybe someone can help ...
    If your device is mk808 i suggest you install omegamoon kernel, he did something in kernel what makes this device boot without hdmi connection assuming that it is there, Some TVs don't give a connected signal to the tv stick so it fails to boot properly. unfortunately the kernel only work 100% with mk808, other devices like mk808b, mk802III, etc dont have suport for wifi and BT yet.

The link to omegamoon blog:

Hope this helps
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
      If your device is mk808 i suggest you install omegamoon kernel, he did something in kernel what makes this device boot without hdmi connection assuming that it is there, Some TVs don't give a connected signal to the tv stick so it fails to boot properly. unfortunately the kernel only work 100% with mk808, other devices like mk808b, mk802III, etc dont have suport for wifi and BT yet.

The link to omegamoon blog:

Hope this helps
      If it is the RK808, but I'm afraid to put the omegamoon Kernel.
      While so easily solved ...
      Thanks for your help.

Comment

Re: NEW - Unbrick or fix NAND on the MK808

Originally posted by ALSINJAN View Post
        If it is the RK808, but I'm afraid to put the omegamoon Kernel.
        While so easily solved ...
        Thanks for your help.
        Omegamoon kernel is better than stock one for me, but I repect you if don't want to flash a kernel, I have a mk808b so if I use custom kernels, I lose BT and wifi, i can live without BT but I need wifi, so i am condemned to the stock one by the moment I hope we get our wifi in mk808b working soon, that will be a incredible advance.
        REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
        My devices:
        Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
        MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
        Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
        Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
        Gearbest.com)
        MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
        Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

So, no hope for all of us with a semi-dead MK808?

To make this worse, geekbuying is not replying to my e-mails.

Comment

Originally posted by l0ur3nz0 View Post
            So, no hope for all of us with a semi-dead MK808?

To make this worse, geekbuying is not replying to my e-mails.
            Not clear to myself why I bought this garbage instead of something like ODROID-U2 which boots from replaceable SD/eMMC, more powerful and has physical LAN on board.

Comment

PRICE, AVAILABILITY, COMMUNITY... aren't beaten by any device, still!

Comment

hope this is not redundant I did'nt feel like reading every page to findout, but when I did this I had a hard time with heatsink on counting pins, maybe it's just me. but anyway what I ended up doing was with a needle I put it on pin one, and dragged it towards 8, counting the clicks. nailed it first time.

Comment

MK808 bricked

Hello Bob.Trying to install Finless 1.6 mk808 breaks. I think that the USB cable is the cause. Аppear on the screen only the inscription "Kernel of 2dark4u." Then he stopped appearing. I tried several times to install Finless 1.6, but gives me error software downloads. I searched for info on the net and came across your site. Now I'll try this method to fix the device. Do you think I can fix it?

Comment

It's worth a try!

FYI my ROMs do not have 2dark4u kernel so not sure why that showed up unless you flashed something before.

Bob
                    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                      It's worth a try!

FYI my ROMs do not have 2dark4u kernel so not sure why that showed up unless you flashed something before.

Bob

Maybe because before I install other software. As far as I know, however, kernel is not installed in this way.
                      By the way thank you for the information you share with us.

Comment

Erasing NAND Fail!!!

Originally posted by MaVe_64 View Post
                        No only when plugging in usb, wait a few secs, then the Nand resets, then try to flash.
                        You said "wait a few secs, then the Nand resets". Do you mean to say that we have a wait for a minute or so to let the Nand reset itself, before starting to flash again?

I get IDB Fail error all the time. The NAND refuses to get erased!!!

I got my MK808B bricked as I was trying to flash it with the Stock Jan 10th firmware update. I got error while checking the firmware not even when downloading it... I tried erasing NAND again right away, then got stuck in Erasing NAND fail!!! BTW, I am using a proper cable with which I have my MK808B flashed for several times and used all the ports of my computer.

Comment

i seem to be getting the same issue like everyone else, i put the device into mask mode and when i try erase nand i get the message erasing IDB failed. tried using the other tool rkbatchtool and get load firmware fail. any help

Comment

Possible solution...and another problem

I had the 'IDB fail' error continuously after getting the unit into MaskRom mode. It seemed that the NAND was fried beyond repair. Then I tried shorting pins 8&9 again, after which the flash went through OK without the IDB error.

The 808 has been flashed successfully several times but the Flash ROM Tool always reports 'Found RKAndroid MaskRom Usb'.

So, for the IDB problem, try the 'shorting' trick again and see how it goes. If anyone can clue me up on how to get this thing to boot after a successful (?) flash and get it out of MaskRom mode, I'd appreciate it.

Originally posted by SolidMetal View Post
                            tried using the other tool rkbatchtool and get load firmware fail. any help
                            I made the same mistake. You have to select the img file to flash by clicking on the button at the end of the first field.
                            Last edited by montresor60; 03-18-2013, 09:47. Reason: add screenshot

Comment

Another victim

Hello,
                              I had succesfully installed a few images before..
                              Today while i try to flash sw , I have bricked my MK808B..
                              Log2013-03-25.txt

I have tried 8+9 MAskROm method... No Luck...

I have attached my log files...

Could you please help me?

Comment

MK802 IIIS 8GB resurected!

Finless, you're GOD, thank you sooo much!! With your guide, I've sucessfully resurected my Rikomagic MK802 IIIS 8GB (no BT) and I can confirm, that this trick with shortening pins 8 and 9 works on this model, so you can update thread's title. Only one notice: Mask mode don't work on Win8, but no problem on Win7.

Again, thank you milion times and keep your great work!

Comment

Working...
                                X