X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should other PCs and other USB ports and cables before giving up. IMHO

Comment

when I lost all the hope, I will brick it with a hammer I post the film in youtube...

Comment

What about contacting the seller?

Comment

...and tell what ? That I flashed the stupid stick ?

Comment

If your willing to ship it to me and pay shipping back, I can try to fix it for you.

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              If your willing to ship it to me and pay shipping back, I can try to fix it for you.

Bob
              Finless, I would appreciate your help.
              Can you send me your address ?
              Thanks in advance.

Dinis Campos

Comment

Originally posted by diniscampos View Post
                Finless, I would appreciate your help.
                Can you send me your address ?
                Thanks in advance.

Dinis Campos
                PM sent.

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Wow ! I'm speechless ... You are a Great Man, Mr. Finless !

Comment

dinis
                    just my 5 cents.
                    apparently the nand is correctly flashed, info given by your logs. First thing i would do, read the nand to confirm if have value different from zeros.
                    some weeks ago i received one mk808 that had same kind of problem, flashed properly but always black screen, what i have done was using a thermal air gun in both chips circular movements for some seconds, like we do in xbox 360 to repair rrod, and surprise it started working, in my opinion some connection was poor or broke and the air gun resolved the problem, anyway it worked for me maybe can work with you.
                    (finless rom is amazing but is more cpu gpu demanding too, if the chips are badly solded the temperature can cause problems)

hope this help you

P.s. a minha pistola de ar quente tem varias temperaturas mas eu uso normalmente 350 graus pra nao ter de ter tanto cuidado com o tempo que fica a torrar

Comment

I've done this to 1 of my 2 xboxes. In the 2nd one had to undo the 1st rrod fix, to jtag it, and after that it would always rrod. The fix was accomplished with lots of flux beneath the GPU and an heatgun (with care ).

It might be an last resort option...

@estrika

which chip did you heatgun: SOC; NAND; or, both?

Comment

SANEI N83 - AMPE A85 RK3066 DUAL CORE semi fix

SANEI TABLET N83 DUAL CORE UNBRICK?

Thank you really much, using your guide i was able to put in mask rom mode this good tablet. Yeah the 8-9 pin gap wason the opposite side of your picture in my tabletClick image for larger version

Name:	Foto 02-02-13 19 33 29.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	200.7 KB
ID:	429748

as you see my white pin is indicating it.
                        I was doing this because i updated the wrong firmware and after that the screen worked strange (i mean you touch a point, and another point on the opposite side responds).
                        Despite of having it in mask rome mode and restoring it the right firmware with rockchip batchtool or rkandroidtool, i was not able to solve my screen problem.
                        Why?
                        Someone has got issues?
                        THANKS

just some editing to your guide for my tablet and using rockchip batch tool
                        1) open your tablet: the screen down, use a faulty credit card or the plastic thing you use to play your guitar, put it on the edges and go around to hear many clicks, opening every side of your tablet
                        2) find the nand, it's on the left of the rockchip, if you put your tablet as i told you=upside down and with usb port on your right.
                        3) pin 1 is on the left. Count right to pins 8 & 9.
                        4) With a needle or a pin put the pin between pins 8 and 9 and hold it there. You are trying to short these 2 pins so make sure your actually on them. If you put it on other pins, nothing happens or simply it doesn't start.
                        5) Now plug in the USB cable to your PC to power on the unit.
                        6) If you are shorting the pins the PC should bong and the rkflash tool should say at the bottom "Found RKAndroid MaskRom Rock USB". If not, then your not shorting the pins properly OR you never had the drivers loaded to begin with. Otherwise if you use rockchip batch tool it will show a dark blue square. (you have not to touch any button, the square has not to be nor pink, nor green)
                        7) Good! If you have MASK ROM mode then now erase NAND (IDB). Let it finish. I open rktool and rockchip batch and i do this first anyway.
                        8) Flash the ROM. YOu must have the loader check box checked or it will complain and tell you a loader must be flashed (if you use rktool)

When I say screen acting strange, I mean that before doing all this things, I was trying some firmware from sanei, pipo, ampe, teclast (I'M SO SMART,DON'T YOU THINK?). So I pushed UPDATE in rockchip batch tool, but with the wrong firmware, and now after many tries still when you select show touches in developer options, you can easily see that if you touch a side of the screen, exactly the opposite side responds. It's like the UNLUCKY UPDATE BUTTON of ROCKCHIP BATCH has inverted someway the screen calibration!!
                        As I told you nothing worked, nor this long searched hardware method. But why!!??

Last edited by esclusoilcane; 02-03-2013, 07:50. Reason: add ons

Comment

Originally posted by l0ur3nz0 View Post
                          I've done this to 1 of my 2 xboxes. In the 2nd one had to undo the 1st rrod fix, to jtag it, and after that it would always rrod. The fix was accomplished with lots of flux beneath the GPU and an heatgun (with care ).

It might be an last resort option...

@estrika

which chip did you heatgun: SOC; NAND; or, both?
                          yes in last resort, when you have tried everything but no go, i reade a early post of someone that tried everything to flash it but couldn't and then it flashed, i believe the guy touched some broken connection and thats why he flashed good, in last resort try it, if done properly you risk anything, SOC, RAM and NAND, but you can do the rest too whit less heating time.

OFF TOPIC:regarding Xbox after a rrod repair you need to put more air flow or rrod will happen again

Comment

To be on the safe side you should use a IR thermometer to monitor Temp and increase heat gradually. Also, you should heat both sides and isolate the areas to be treated from the heat sensitive components with some non conductive material.
                            One major issue these days is RoHS mixed with poor fabrication.

Pt: só não faço já isto porque é possível que me aceitem a devolução...
                            Alias, esta reparação já me tinha passado pela cabeça antes mas não com a pistola.

Comment

lourenzo
                              wait is your problem, error flashing? or like diniz you can flash but black screen? if black screen i would do a thermal fix before sending it, if you know how to do it, you risk nothing, if it does not work them send it.
                              if your supplier do not accept the mk and you have error flashing, them take the nand out and flash it with some flash hardware.
                              like you said "RoHS mixed with poor fabrication", i have received many china electronics to repair, phones, tablets and stuff related, normally i repair with simple blind flash but i can tell you that many stuff only needs some heat to start working, this is a quality fabrication issue.

Comment

I can only get it recognized in to mask mode. Then it refuses to flash: "IDB erase failed" sort of errors. It seems it's a communication issue or related. With rkflash (Linux) it read just 0s and spit errors.

As for reading/flashing the NAND with external prog, the setup would cost me more than it worths (I guess).

I don't want to risk damaging it if it is to be sent back. In fact, if I'd done something to damage it I wouldnt be comfortable sending it back.

Right now I can afford another month or so to get other unit.

Comment

Working...
                                X