Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MK808 Wifi Antenna fix! VIDEO to help you do it!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one? Im really getting desperate and frustrated with the internet speeds, it is just so, but so slow.
    I have read about removing the gnd solder, but its only labeled in one of the sides with the pins, on the other side im not sure which one is the gnd and if that would actually solve it.

Comment

Professional China procurement and professional transportation service

Originally posted by lukesan View Post
      We are talking about 2.4GHz here. Try this calculator to give you the correct size of the wire. http://www.csgnetwork.com/antennaevcalc.html
      So 2.4GHz = 2400MHz and take the 1/2 wave or 1/4 wave size. What you have created is an antenna that will resonate at much lower freq., prob like 250 to 300MHz.
      The one I and most other use is about 2 inches long. If you take a look at the picture of mine I just used my soldering iron to make a small hole so I can feed the antenna thru that.
      Also don't stick the wire like close to the device but like in a 90 degree angle. You will see a very steady speed transfer and alot better constant reception.
      Hello, I am from Shenzhen China James, I mainly responsible for you from the China purchasing transportation service, our company focus on international freight forwarders have 8 years time, the main market in American FBA, British FBA, France FBA, German FBA. Express and air do very skilled. If you have this need, please contact me. Ocean Pilot Logistics Shenzhen Co., Ltd is my company name, www.oplship.com is my company's Web site, and I contact: E-mail: [email protected]:smart.sales.zero.zero.eight, if demand, please contact me. Thank you

Comment

Professional China procurement and professional transportation service

Originally posted by Ozlo View Post
        Thought I should add an update to this. I too ended up taking off my external antenna mod and instead did a loop wire antenna. I immediately noticed a marked improvement in the wifi signal. But that didn't solve everything.
        I also upgraded to a 3amp ac adapter to power the unit and added a heatsink over the useless flat one that came from the factory. There was way too much heat building up in the little dongle, it was insane! Now I just have to be careful not to brush up against the heatsink while it's active!
        It's not perfect but these fixes /mods make the unit actually function as it should.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
        Hello, I am from Shenzhen China James, I mainly responsible for you from the China purchasing transportation service, our company focus on international freight forwarders have 8 years time, the main market in American FBA, British FBA, France FBA, German FBA. Express and air do very skilled. If you have this need, please contact me. Ocean Pilot Logistics Shenzhen Co., Ltd is my company name, www.oplship.com is my company's Web site, and I contact: E-mail: [email protected]:smart.sales.zero.zero.eight, if demand, please contact me. Thank you

Comment

The man who's bush pilot specialized in fixed wifi antenna transportation from shenzhen

You better try a importator network website/forum related, i don't think freaktab member will order a wholesale of 10 000 android stick and/or box in a container this year. anyway model upgrade every 6 month...

Maybe ask Finless. hahahaha.

no no don't disturb is great work and i don't think he's in product management/distributor.
          It is not good idea, this way he would not have much time to spend to release is magic roms.

I personaly prefer to see him work for end user than major company, otherwise we are lost and doomed in many case with many product....

another thx award Finless

And about mr.james tang
          At least it's all at your honor to look forward to get a job. Good luck friend

Comment

I was earlier on Finless 1.7. WiFi strength were poor only but say workable.
            Now I made two changes,
            1. Updated to Finless 2.1
            2. Moved router to other place, it's suppose to be better than earlier location compared to my stick location.

But now my MK808, doesn't see router.

Yesterday, I tried to remove WiFi antena cable from GND and left connected to ANT only.

But don't see any difference.

When I tried with mobile hotspot from around 3 m, still it shows average/poor signals.

Any idea what should I do now to improve strength?

Comment

Working...
            X