Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to install ICS on the MK808?

Hi,

I've just bought the MK808 Dual Core Android 4.1 Jelly Bean TV BOX RK3066 Cortex-A9.
    Wanted this so I can watch Romanian online TV through an app called Online TV which uses Sopcast and MX Player.
    The picture loads fine but there is no sound. I've installed the 1.5a Finless ROM, which resolved some other issues like the flickering, but the sound's still not there.
    I have the same app on my phone a HTC One X running on Android version 4.0.4, and it is working just fine.
    I think the problem is with the jelly Bean running on the MK808.

Does anyone know if this is possible and how to install ICS on the MK808? Not sure if this will solve the problem but it's worth a try.
    Thanks in advance

Hi there--

I don't think the problem is JellyBean; have you tried other apps and gotten the same problem, or it is only the one app in question with no sound? We're all using JellyBean 4.1 on our 808s and no one has reported significant sound issues that I know of.

If there's no sound at all, start simple: try using a different HDMI cable, making sure the volume is turned up on your TV, etc. You know, the easy stuff.

The first 808s came with ICS stock. You can find those stock ICS roms through various links on this website, and also in the mk808 forums at armtvtech.com. the user deadhp has a link to his Google Drive where all the stock ROMs current and previous for the 808 can be found.

If you try all of that and you still don't have any sound, it's probably a good bet that you have a defective device.

Comment

Originally posted by derisvlad View Post
      Hi,

I've just bought the MK808 Dual Core Android 4.1 Jelly Bean TV BOX RK3066 Cortex-A9.
      Wanted this so I can watch Romanian online TV through an app called Online TV which uses Sopcast and MX Player.
      The picture loads fine but there is no sound. I've installed the 1.5a Finless ROM, which resolved some other issues like the flickering, but the sound's still not there.
      I have the same app on my phone a HTC One X running on Android version 4.0.4, and it is working just fine.
      I think the problem is with the jelly Bean running on the MK808.

Does anyone know if this is possible and how to install ICS on the MK808? Not sure if this will solve the problem but it's worth a try.
      Thanks in advance

Comment

Thank you both for the replies. Sopcast is the issue here, the latest Sopcast version does fix the no sound issue but there is still a bit of delay between sound and video, so i'll have a o at installing ICS on my MK808.
        Thanks,
        Vlad

Comment

Did you try:

Peter

Comment

Working...
          X