MK808 - Finless 1.6 Custom ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sombralzorro View Post
    I think that has been static overload or something.
    Has the problem solution?

Could it be the HDMI cable?
    Press any key on the remote turns off the picture, and there is no way to recover it, unplug it, wait a bit, and plugging it back the same: the screen in pink.

Comment

Another possible fix for many issues

Originally posted by mutton View Post
      Try rebooting your computer after you have connected it for the first time and loaded drivers (as the instructions state), that fixed that message for me
      I recently bought a MK808 and i couldn't even install the USB drivers. I've tried everything including, rebooting, change USB settings in BIOS, removing all my USB devices and using other computers, none worked!

The only thing that worked was to change the USB cable. I was using the cable that came with it, but when i tried an old Sony cable that i had, all worked like a charm!

I already noted that using some cables (working cables i might add) to charge my phone (GT-i9300) the charging time were longer than if i use the original cable, even using the original charger (i left my cable at work one day).

So i recommend to everyone having problems to change the cable to a more reliable one.

Comment

sd memory card .

I have a lot Android games and my question is . I have a 32gb mini sd card. Can I move the big games to that card ? And how to do this . Some games are more than 2gb. And to big fore the device.

Comment

WIFI dropped to 5mbps with Finless1.6

Since I'm not familiar with Linux I don't understand what is the exact role of the kernel in an android device. I ask for this because I just flashed my MK808 with this update and everything is working fine except for the WIFI which was working good with the UG802Finless1.7 ROM + KIZS Kernel1.5GHz_720p. It worked average 36-48Mbps before, now it just gets 5Mbps-18Mbps

I solved a video buffering problem cutting the GND antenna cables 1 month ago but now I face this new problem.

What if I put again the KIZS Kernel? Will this solve it? Will I lose some new features?

Comment

USB power

I just updated to Finless 1.6 and now I'm having trouble getting a picture on my TV. The mk808 shows a blue light and I did manage to boot to the home screen once (after plugging and unplugging the USB several times), but now I can't get anything.

Any ideas?

Comment

HDMI port

It seems that the HDMI port or cable is to blame. Are there any known issues with the quality of the HDMI port or is it likely the HDMI cable is faulty??

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by bruce1 View Post
                I just updated to Finless 1.6 and now I'm having trouble getting a picture on my TV. The mk808 shows a blue light and I did manage to boot to the home screen once (after plugging and unplugging the USB several times), but now I can't get anything.

Any ideas?
                It is the same problem that I have.

Comment

Streaming 1channel movies using XBMC 12 rc2 on MK808

Hi,
                  after I installed the finless rom 1.6, I installed XBMC from their website.
                  i found an addon that add 1channel website movies and I was able to watch these movies.
                  check this video http://youtu.be/iA73JF3uOkE
                  but I noticed that the firmware still reading finless 1.5a.
                  So does that happen to everybody or just me?

Regards,
                  Sam

Comment

Re: NEW - MK808 - Finless 1.6 Custom ROM

Thanks, Finless Bob. I had my MK808 running on Finless 1.5a, & just flashed 1.6 today. Thanks for your fine products & hard work.

Sent from my MK808 using Tapatalk 2
                    MK808 w/Omegamoon kernel, CWM recovery, & Finless 1.7 ROM

Comment

Trouble with my IPEGTOP MK 808

Hi,

Hope someone can help! Flashed the latest 1.6 ROM as per the instructions, all seemed to go well, erased fine, flash and check all OK but when I rebooted the stick it showed a Google TV logo, then said it was reformatting cache etc then the screen changed to a androd lying down with a red warning triangle above it. I've gone through the whole process 3 times now but no change.... any ideas?

Thanks,

GD

Comment

Does this include any USB-BT drivers? I have 2 USB-BT sticks that I'd like to get one working.

Thanks and I'll keep checking back.

Comment

No BT support yet. I have not been able to figure out how to get it working yet and honestly it is kicking my ass

Greedydog, usually this means the kernel did not get flashed OR... your device is NOT a real MK808 and kernel is not compatible! There are some CLONES out there now that are not real MK808's.

Make sure you unzipped the package correctly and all check boxes are checked for the lines in the flash tool for kernel.img, etc....

Bob
                          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                            No BT support yet. I have not been able to figure out how to get it working yet and honestly it is kicking my ass

Greedydog, usually this means the kernel did not get flashed OR... your device is NOT a real MK808 and kernel is not compatible! There are some CLONES out there now that are not real MK808's.

Make sure you unzipped the package correctly and all check boxes are checked for the lines in the flash tool for kernel.img, etc....

Bob
                            Thanks for the response.

Comment

Mk808 Wireless 1.6

Hello.

First, thanks Finless. It is obvious you have put much work into these builds and it shows.

I actually only ran across your site from looking for a way to call an external player, MXPlayer, from XBMC. Never was able to get it working until I flashed your build.

The one problem I have, and I did not see (or notice) in playing with the stock build for only a short time, was how poorly the wireless is working. Speeds fluctuate wildly and I get frequent (multi times a min) full disconnects \ reconnects. It is driving me ape shit nuts. Again, I only played with the stock build for a couple of weeks but this I think I would have noticed.

Is there a known wireless issue with 1.6 or is this a hardware issue that I have yet to come accross?

Again, thank you for all your efforts. If you, or anyone here could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Comment

I have changed nothing about wireless in this ROM. It is based on the latest kernel and all the wifi related files are from the latest MK808 build.

Maybe you were running an older ROM?

Bottom line google search MK808 wifi issues and you will find all kinds of stuff. It is a very common issues with many. When I fianlly took the unit paart and removed the ground side of both antennas, ONLY THEN did I stop having wifi issues.

All the ROM that ever existed can be flashed back. So you can go back to older ROMs and test. I cannot tell you how many times I have been through this myself. Again only until I modded the hardware did I stop having "intermittent" and "unreliable" results.

Bob
                                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Working...
                                X