Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great ROM!

Hey Bob,

Great ROM! Thanks a lot! It's been an hour since I was playing with it. My first impression is that the interface is a bit slower when using upscaling to 1080p in screen settings. When I change it back to 720p it becomes a lot more fluid. Is this normal?

Cheers!

P.S. I highly admire your great input into the open source community. You are a true asset!

Chapeau !

Comment

Thanks for ur hard work on our beloved mk808!

Comment

Originally posted by Sequ View Post
        Thanks for ur hard work on our beloved mk808!
        Thx Bob but you picked the wrong time to release it. Not alowed to touch the tv during these crazy (food) days

Is ehomemediacenter included?

Do you maybe have a screenshot of the apps in this rom? No need for a list but a screenshot will do for most of us.

Comment

Originally posted by tardvark View Post
          When it says "Found RK android loader Rock USB" just click erase nand, once that's done click flash rom
          *Another note if you are doing this via Virtual Machine -> I found that after I clicked on flash ROM, the VM lost connectivity to the stick and you need to manually "mount" it again before the loader times out.

Loaded after that! I have some video footage I will upload in a bit - nice Christmas lights startup

Cheers Bob!
          www.minitvstick.com
          Sticking it to the Big PC!

Comment

Beautiful work. Donated to help support future development. Thank you.

Steve

Comment

I have used the hybrid (1,7 & 1080 kernel) and the mk808 1.6 rom is way better . The only strange thing is the wifi . In the Hybrid i had stronger signal and more networks to choose in the 1.6 i have only my network ,less strength but more speed.

Don't know why but it's the best rom for me so far. Thank's Bob . Keep doing great work

Comment

help me with overclocking

hey i like finless 1.6 its awsome...
                i would like to use the bundled kernel but can some one please tell me how do i overclock (upto 1.4ghz)?

and someone successful with installing CWM recovery? how do i do it?

Comment

Ok had to install it.

All running fine so far! ... and as a bonus it seems we are able to play 'bad piggies' using the rkremotecontrol

Comment

Thank you very much for this new rom.
                    I am waiting for my new Hardware to arrive.
                    So i still have to wait a few days till i can test this rom.
                    But there is one question i have:
                    As a total Andriod noob, are there any Tips that seem so obvious that nobody thinks of it?
                    Aside from reading, reading, and even more reading to get the missing knowledge.

Thanks in advance.
                    frog2001
                    MK808B (Original with BT, not the clone)
                    Finless 1.7 beta (still testing)

9 voices in my head are saying: "You are not mad"
                    The tenth whistles the melody of Tetris

Comment

Awesome work Bob !

Again - great job Bob, just flashed it and it runs great. I am running it at 1280x720 at 1416Mhz and it runs smooth as can be. Will test more and at 1080 as let everyone know but think it's gonna run great. Thanks again for the hard work Bob.

Comment

Thanks Bob, you are the 808 scene

Just say thanks Bob for this awesome work. We´re also waiting for the new 1.7, it´s gonna be ...... superb!

Cheers!

Comment

thanks for the great rom Bob! greeting from Sicily!

Comment

MK808-B (bluetooth) version - firmware

Originally posted by Finless View Post

WHAT THIS IS NOT:

THIS IS NOT FOR THE MK808-B or any other OEM that has bluetooth support! If you use this ROM good chance your wifi will NOT WORK anymore! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

In the ROM kit there is a read me! This has full instructions for how to upgrade. So PLEASE read the read me!

Here is my Finless 1.6 MK808 ROM:

ROM -> MK808 Finless 1.6 ROM (244 megs)

Enjoy,
                            Bob

Hi Finless

I've got the newest version of MK808, MK808-B (with Bluetooth 4.0 support).

As you have warned(mentioned) in your instruction this 1.6 firmware will kill WiFi in MK808-B device or stop my WiFi from functioning.

When will you come up with newer firmware that work as well for MK808-B?

kind regards
                            Bawa

Comment

Originally posted by bawa View Post
                              Hi Finless

I've got the newest version of MK808, MK808-B (with Bluetooth 4.0 support).

As you have warned(mentioned) in your instruction this 1.6 firmware will kill WiFi in MK808-B device or stop my WiFi from functioning.

When will you come up with newer firmware that work as well for MK808-B?

kind regards
                              Bawa
                              I did a few days ago!

BOb
                              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Android 4.2 for MK808-B and firmware 1.5 unstable.....!

But is it stable..... I read that, it don't work for all as it should! APPs crashes and WiFi still don't work.......

Can I help with developing new ROM? and with Android 4.2 support?
                                Let me know where to download SDK and what you use to compile ROM for MK808-B and I'll test it out...

Bawa.....

Comment

Working...
                                X