MK808 - Finless 1.6 Custom ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to restart after using the soft button to power down

I flashed and it worked. Great - but when I use the soft power down button (below) the unit turns off (light out) but I don't know how to restart unless I unplug the power then start again.

4) Powering your device down STABLE without it bricking! Included on the status bar is a power down soft button. USE IT! I have also added reboot APP by Petrus to allow you additional reboot options. NEVER JUST UNPLUG your TV player.

What's the scheme to restart the system.

Thanks,

Keith

Comment

If it's powered down, then using to power plug to reboot it will be fine. Just don't pull the plug while it's running is all.

Originally posted by stedmakr View Post
      I flashed and it worked. Great - but when I use the soft power down button (below) the unit turns off (light out) but I don't know how to restart unless I unplug the power then start again.

4) Powering your device down STABLE without it bricking! Included on the status bar is a power down soft button. USE IT! I have also added reboot APP by Petrus to allow you additional reboot options. NEVER JUST UNPLUG your TV player.

What's the scheme to restart the system.

Thanks,

Keith

Comment

Thanks for the hard work but the remote app that I was trying to get running is the MK802II remote client not the MK802III remote client, all the same this rom runs great and I like it the best so far.

Comment

Nice work again Bob!

It is possible to add a driver manual like this one http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post43592 ?

Here is the linux driver http://uploaded.net/file/vdmmbgz1
          Last edited by 4nubis; 12-31-2012, 09:06. Reason: Driver

Comment

Thanks!

Just wanted to add one more "thank you" ! This ROM is very clean and working great.

I have a question about apps restore/backup. Is there a way to backup all the installed apps and then after flashing restore it? Moborobo seam to restore only certain apps, the ones installed from SD card for example, not from Android Market - I am not sure about that though.

Comment

This is NEO-X5 Firmware!

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              OK guys I spent a lot of time on ths ROM. I think personally it is one of my BEST ROMs yet!
              Lot's of cool features you MK808 users have not had from me.
              Hi Bob,

why do you say this words?!
              I respect your hard work for us (and my Ex - MK808).

But this 1.6 is the newest MiniX NEO-X5 Firmware from 27.12.2012.
              OK, you have rooted, debloated and a little optimized.
              Why can you not write this?

I have yesterday for test flashed your v1.6 with the X5 own RK30xxLoader(L)_V1.11.bin, Boot.img and Kernel.img. This is original X5-Firmware!

I think you have read my thread http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...1080p-or-not-! too?!

At facebook Minix has postet this:

MINIX hat einen Link geteilt.
              It's funny to see that MK808 needs our firmware to work better, why don't they just get a real MINIX? It boots even with our MINIX logo! It's like a faked Samsung Galaxy phone selling in the China market, booting with real Samsung logo and model name!! http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechfo...8&p=6484#p6484

Regards
              Frank
              Last edited by FBK2904; 12-31-2012, 10:28.

Comment

great work, thanks

remote app is AWSOME

Comment

Sv: NEW - MK808 - Finless 1.6 Custom ROM

Thanks for the new Rom Bob!
                  I will try it out soon. Just one question: where can I find information on how to setup cifs to automatically connect to my network shares on my nas? I see in op that cifs module is included. But I'm not sure how it works.

Skickat från min HTC Desire via Tapatalk 2

Comment

Why can I don't play gameloft games from this device? I have payd fore the games and it downloads from the server but the games wil not start. Is there any solution fore ?

Comment

Originally posted by FBK2904 View Post
                      Hi Bob,

why do you say this words?!
                      I respect your hard work for us (and my Ex - MK808).

But this 1.6 is the newest MiniX NEO-X5 Firmware from 27.12.2012.
                      OK, you have rooted, debloated and a little optimized.
                      Why can you not write this?

I have yesterday for test flashed your v1.6 with the X5 own RK30xxLoader(L)_V1.11.bin, Boot.img and Kernel.img. This is original X5-Firmware!

I think you have read my thread http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...1080p-or-not-! too?!

At facebook Minix has postet this:

MINIX hat einen Link geteilt.
                      It's funny to see that MK808 needs our firmware to work better, why don't they just get a real MINIX? It boots even with our MINIX logo! It's like a faked Samsung Galaxy phone selling in the China market, booting with real Samsung logo and model name!! http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechfo...8&p=6484#p6484

Regards
                      Frank

Umm arn't they talking about the rom lewy made? Like as in the link you even provided.

tbh I just think Minix are a little butthurt, their device costs almost twice what I paid for my MK808 and if I never had the choice of the MK808 I would never of bought an Android mini PC for what the Minix costs.

and personally I don't care where our roms come from as long as they work :P

Comment

USB Host API Supprt?

Rad another ROM Cheers do you know if it has USB Host API support?

USB/BT Joystick Center 6

i would like to use a xbox360 wirless controller and map touch screen controls to physical controller functions with the above app as other are doing, but couldn't on 1.5a as it didn't have USB host API support?

Cheers,
                        John

Comment

description sounds great!

is the driver gonna work with windows 8? i got 32bit version, which driver can i use?
                          thanx for great work!

Comment

Is there an plans for Mk808b support?
                            thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tardvark View Post
                              Umm arn't they talking about the rom lewy made? Like as in the link you even provided.

tbh I just think Minix are a little butthurt, their device costs almost twice what I paid for my MK808 and if I never had the choice of the MK808 I would never of bought an Android mini PC for what the Minix costs.

and personally I don't care where our roms come from as long as they work :P

Comment

using an iphone app as a remote for MK808

Hi Bob,
                                Thank You for the great work, This is a nicely done job my MK808 work 24/7 without freezing, delay, or heating. I support your great work and encourage all my friend to buy this device and install your room as it is a great combination.
                                I have one question, this is my only android device at home and I have an iPhone. Is there an app that can work as a remote control for the MK808?. I can use VNC server and Client to see the whole screen on my iPhone but that would make the device run slow and heat up fast. So I was looking for something like Droidmote for iPhone. Any Idea?

Sam.

Comment

Working...
                                X