MK808 - Finless 1.6 Custom ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NEW - MK808 - Finless 1.6 Custom ROM

First rom for my 808, working perfectly so happy with the soft button shutdown now!

Anybody using iPlayer have anything better than the webpage that won't play things in full screen?

Sent from my MK808 using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Originally posted by FBK2904 View Post
      Hi Bob,

why do you say this words?!
      I respect your hard work for us (and my Ex - MK808).

But this 1.6 is the newest MiniX NEO-X5 Firmware from 27.12.2012.
      OK, you have rooted, debloated and a little optimized.
      Why can you not write this?

I have yesterday for test flashed your v1.6 with the X5 own RK30xxLoader(L)_V1.11.bin, Boot.img and Kernel.img. This is original X5-Firmware!

I think you have read my thread http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...1080p-or-not-! too?!

At facebook Minix has postet this:

MINIX hat einen Link geteilt.
      It's funny to see that MK808 needs our firmware to work better, why don't they just get a real MINIX? It boots even with our MINIX logo! It's like a faked Samsung Galaxy phone selling in the China market, booting with real Samsung logo and model name!! http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechfo...8&p=6484#p6484

Regards
      Frank
      I have no idea what your talking about. I DID NOT... REPEAT.... DID NOT use any Neo X5 ROM!
      I used parts from MK808 and parts from Imito MX1. Took apart framework, services.jar, etc and integrated the smali files. This might look like Neo X5 but in fact it is not. If developer house of Nex X5 and Imito are the same that might explain the similarities.

So you know, to date, I have never even downloaded a Neo X5 ROM!

Don't believe me? Flash the Imito MX1 latest stock ROM and have a look yourself!
      This ROM again is made from:
      "some" framework and APK files from Imito ROM, the rest is 100% MK808. I am sure if you compare file dates, etc. You will see they are not even the same!

Please do a little more detective work BEFORE you start blaming me of copying or kanging someone elses ROM. Sorry to tell you but you are totally WRONG on this one. Once you look harder at the files I think you will be coming back with an appology!

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

anyone know how to do a long press on the remote, for example if you are moving apps around the home screen?

Comment

Originally posted by johneliot1978 View Post
          Rad another ROM Cheers do you know if it has USB Host API support?

USB/BT Joystick Center 6

i would like to use a xbox360 wirless controller and map touch screen controls to physical controller functions with the above app as other are doing, but couldn't on 1.5a as it didn't have USB host API support?

Cheers,
          John
          Yes it will. In fact I just tested Joystick Center myself. I added xbox.ko as well so you might not even need joy center unless for touch screen emulation. I have not tested touch emulation yet and it may not work actually because these TV player kernels do not have touch screen drivers! This is somehting I have to look into next.

Bob

Comment

Some one test OEM playstaion 3 joysticks on the mk808 ore Only the Xbox remotes work.
            Happy New year all !

Comment

SORRY BOB ... SORRY BOB ... SORRY BOB

Hello Bob,

I have to admit, it was my mistake!
              But it looks so damn equal.
              I take back all the allegations and want to apologize you!

I wish everyone a Happy New Year!

greetings
              Frank

PS: Bob ... can you please tell me how to edit the "config.cfg" in RKAndroidTool1.35? Especially check / uncheck the boxes and change paths. Have been trying for hours with various editors and decrypting the cryptic characters.

Comment

Hello Bob,

I have to admit, it was my mistake!
                But it looks so damn equal.
                I take back all the allegations and want to apologize you!

I wish everyone a Happy New Year!

greetings
                Frank

PS: Bob ... can you please tell me how to edit the "config.cfg" in RKAndroidTool1.35? Especially check / uncheck the boxes and change paths. Have been trying for hours with various editors and decrypting the cryptic characters.

Comment

Hello Bob,

In a blank area under the list of items to check, right click and export config.
                  There you go

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                    In a blank area under the list of items to check, right click and export config.
                    There you go

Bob
                    What??? It's so easy???
                    OH NO

This is great and i'm so stupid today

Thanks Bob!!!

Comment

hello
                      I edited the build prop but gameloft games still do not work such as asphalt 6 and 7 app store
                      if anyone can help me I would appreciate
                      firmware finless 1.6 mk808
                      happy new year

Comment

Great Work!!

Thanks Bob for the time you have put in on this rom and all the others. Currently testing it with
                        netflix. Working great. Remote app works great with Samsung Tab. I would liked to understand and
                        eventually try porting a rom my self oneday. Would you have any suggestions as to where to start.
                        I have done some work with micro-controllers many years ago. Looking to use my brain again.

Thanks again, slsmith

Comment

Originally posted by slsmith View Post
                          Thanks Bob for the time you have put in on this rom and all the others. Currently testing it with
                          netflix. Working great. Remote app works great with Samsung Tab. I would liked to understand and
                          eventually try porting a rom my self oneday. Would you have any suggestions as to where to start.
                          I have done some work with micro-controllers many years ago. Looking to use my brain again.

Thanks again, slsmith
                          Start here:

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by kiseta View Post
                            Just wanted to add one more "thank you" ! This ROM is very clean and working great.

I have a question about apps restore/backup. Is there a way to backup all the installed apps and then after flashing restore it? Moborobo seam to restore only certain apps, the ones installed from SD card for example, not from Android Market - I am not sure about that though.
                            I have the same question Bob, I can't try this unless I can save all my bought apps?

Comment

Registered to say 'Thanks'

Just found the site and registered after a friend gave me the rom last night, so I could say !THANKS BOB! for doing this. Very very cool. U Rock!

It's run stable for over 12 hours so far.
                              Wireless is as good as the best I've had elsewhere (25 down 4 up at Speakeasy)
                              Antutu 3.0.3 shows 9877 (uncheck the Network Time verification, the last Antutu 'test' if you want the benchmark to run stably)
                              I don't care about 1080 from my seating distance. If you're over 3xScreenDiagonal distance you probably can't see the difference either, unless you have extra special eyeballs.
                              Menu-hide works very well. Shutdown is a nice touch.

I did try it with Kizs' 720 kernel and Antutu picked up 200 points but I couldn't get it to run stable for more than an hour. I had also run Lewy's hybrid setup and this works better over-all. And NO this is NOT some kranged Minix ROM.

Anyway, best I've seen so far. Good work. May have to pry $$'s out of my wallet, which is saying something since it's notoriously tight. ;-)

I'm still seeing some background shudder during pans on 720p MKV's even with the latest MX Player. It seems slightly better with HW+ turned on but then it isn't as stable (at least not for me) I kinda suspect it's related to the 24FPS conversion. If anyone has a good fix for this do tell.

Haven't figured out how to OC this one, but OTOH it doesn't seem to need it!

L8rz!

Comment

ES file explorer will backup all your apps but it will not back up user data (saved games, email setup, etc etc).

Titanium backup will backup all apps and system data and restore it.
                                Free version makes you tap the YES button for each app being restored. But it will work.
                                Paid version does not make you tap yes for every app being restored

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X