Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wifi and google play issue

hi bob,

I just updated my MK802-3 with your 1.6 rom. but i am having few issues. firstly my wifi dosen't turn automatically when i turn on mini pc. it wont' turn ON even i do it manually from system settings..it turn off as soon as i turn wifi switch to On. then i connected this with ethernet through usb hub..it works for sometime and then just drop THE CONNECTION. also as soon as i open goolge play it freeze the whole syStem and then i have to restart by taking power off.

pLEASE HELP

Comment

Re: NEW - MK808 - Finless 1.6 Custom ROM

Originally posted by sameradil406 View Post
      Hi Bob,
      Thank You for the great work, This is a nicely done job my MK808 work 24/7 without freezing, delay, or heating. I support your great work and encourage all my friend to buy this device and install your room as it is a great combination.
      I have one question, this is my only android device at home and I have an iPhone. Is there an app that can work as a remote control for the MK808?. I can use VNC server and Client to see the whole screen on my iPhone but that would make the device run slow and heat up fast. So I was looking for something like Droidmote for iPhone. Any Idea?

Sam.
      Can I know which vnc server u install in mk808...? I'm looking for something that I can view whole screen on my Android device...

Currently in using droid nfc server in my mk 808...this allow me to c whole screen on my computer only but not on my phone...

Comment

Connecting External Keyboard (USB) to MK808 - Finless 1.6 Custom ROM

Hi, Bob.

Question about connecting external keyboard.

I'v tried connecting Logitec k400 Wireless touch Keboard (it also has mouse pad) today to MK808 with your 1.6 Custom ROM on it. I've also tried connecting this keyboard to my Android Smartphone - Galaxy Nexus.

While keyboard is connected to MK808 I can only type letters and numbers however looks like that's about all I can do. The Enter key does not seem to work, soft keyboard is still showing on the screen and also there are no settings in Language & Input to use physical keyboard instead of a soft one. Also it seams I can only type in English language and when I switch to another language I have enabled it still only types in English.

On my Android phone, when physical keyboard is connected additional menu section 'Physical Keyboard' appears in the Language & Input > Keyboard & Input method.

Also Physical Keyboard becomes default input method which I believe prevents soft keyboard to appear wherever there are input fields.

Multiple languages are selected in the settings section for the physical keyboard which I can not do in MK 808 because that section is missing.

This was actually the first time I've tried using external keyboard with my phone and I totally loved it! That's how it should work. I type really fast with all 10 fingers in both languages I speak and using soft keyboard was always somewhat of a pain.

In any case, below are the screenshots of both screens while physical keyboard is connected.

My question is am I doing something incorrectly or your ROM is yet to get that functionality in the future versions?

Thank you,

Here are the screenshots.

Android Galaxy Nexus

MK808
        Last edited by kiseta; 01-01-2013, 10:48. Reason: typo

Comment

How to run Flash Player in the browser?

I can't get it to open up. I tried to install a version that works with jelly bean and it would not allow me to install it. Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            Yes it will. In fact I just tested Joystick Center myself. I added xbox.ko as well so you might not even need joy center unless for touch screen emulation. I have not tested touch emulation yet and it may not work actually because these TV player kernels do not have touch screen drivers! This is somehting I have to look into next.

Bob
            thats fantastic thanks a bunch man. Also touch screen drivers in the future for touch emulation would be excellent, it means you could then use the xbox.ko to play things like modern combat 4 that have onscreen touch controls, which from my understanding you cannot at this point?

cheers,
            john

Comment

I surrender

Hello, I give up myself. I can not with the device, not desoldando neither the antenna nor anything. Can you recommend to me some device, but without so much problem of wifi? Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                Yes it will. In fact I just tested Joystick Center myself. I added xbox.ko as well so you might not even need joy center unless for touch screen emulation. I have not tested touch emulation yet and it may not work actually because these TV player kernels do not have touch screen drivers! This is somehting I have to look into next.

Bob

Just tested and it works like a charm mapping xbox wirless controller buttons to keyboard keys with Joystick Center 6 yay, TurboDosbox gaming with xbox controller! most cool!

Tried the touch screen control functionality and like you suggested it did not work, just gave a big error saying your device does not have a touch screen! joy2touch server failed to start.

This would be a very cool addition to the ROM if possible because it would let you play any touch screen game on the android store with your xbox or other, controller! Making the mk808 in reality a $50 android gaming console, before the OUYA console has seen the light of day, which is slated to be $100 odd bucks and was crowd sourced to the tune of nearly 9 million dollars!

I would love to try some of the FPS or Diablo clones using an xbox controller instead of onscreen touch controls

Cheers,
                john

Comment

its the best present of new year.

thank you.bob.you have became a famous man in China because of your good rom for mk808.though mk808 is made in china,thereis too little rom for us to use it well.then finless come with his good rom.tks again.happy new year

Comment

xbmc , wifi and google play store issues

Did any one has issue with wifi and play market that i mentioned in my previous post. now even xbmc also freeze on this ROM after one miniute of start. I flash the rom tow times. with no errors as such. Please tell me how i can go back to original rkmagic rom. This is not working for me.

Comment

Skype camera

What usb camera is working with this? I cant seem to get mine to work.

Comment

RKRemote Control problem

Originally posted by roerbakeitje View Post
                        I think i mist somthing .

The driver at devicemanger is ok . It says class for rockusb devices.
                        Under that rk30 device. It's ok and no errors.

At the android stick no bleu light. That seems ok to.

When I open the Rom flash tool it says in the bottom.
                        Found RK Android Loader Rock USB.

What to do now ? The Manuel says it must say .
                        Found RKandroid mass storage USB.

Solved.... I HAVE INSTALLD 1.6 AND I,M HAPPY

Okey 1 small problem I have installed rk remote now on my foon. And I pushed button search device. It can't find any thing. Also when I look at the process running on the mk808 there is noting that says rkremote .

And an other problem. Why is YouTube gone ? When I reistall it from playstore I get the one that has no fullscreen option.

Thanks fore the hard work. And a good new year.
                        I have the same problem with rkremote, the app can't find mk808 and both are in the same network.

Comment

Sv: NEW - MK808 - Finless 1.6 Custom ROM

Hi Bob!

When updating from 1.5a to 1.6, do you have to erase NAND with the flash tool before flashing the rom, as stated in the readme instructions?
                          I guess this means that internal sd-partition is wiped and for example any titanium backups you got saved.
                          Is there any way of avoiding this it would be useful.

Skickat från min HTC Desire via Tapatalk 2

Comment

troubles

I've updated to version 1.6 but the problem is that the image moves and blinked, and when you touch any key on the keyboard, turn off the image and the TV receives no signal, but the blue LED is still on. And not recovered touching any keys.
                            If I touch the button to turn on the keyboard, the blue light turns off and I think the device is turned off.
                            I reinstalled the version 1.5ay the result is the same. I can do something with it?
                            It may be because of the HDMI cable?

thanks

Comment

Re: NEW - MK808 - Finless 1.6 Custom ROM

Try a better power supply maybe

Sent from my HTC Sensation

Comment

Installed v1.6 this morning (but only after doing a Titanium backup yesterday - I've installed too much stuff that would be a pain to reinstall via Play Store aferwards).

A few oddities were noticed:

1) After putting your new firmware on, installing Play Store than Titanium Backup and Astro File management tools, it wouldn't "see" my backup that I'd copied from the internal SD to the external SD. I copied it all from the external SD into the new TitaniumBackup folder - but TB wouldn't see my backups. In the end I had to tell it to use the folder on my external SD card and it restored everything OK.

2) I'm not good with a soldering iron, so I'll not be attempting the h/ware fix for the WiFi problem. I'll still rely on my USB->LAN adapter for most of my online stuff. Very steady and no drop-outs. Occasionally though it disappears and I have to go into Settings and switch it back on again. The more annoying thing is that because WiFi is OFF (as there's no need for it to be on), certain programs detect this and think you can't possibly want to download the other 200MB of data for their app (mostly games) so I end up having to delete them. This was also the case with TV CatchUp. No WiFi = no TV

That's about it so far. I know GTA III works fine but I recently grabbed Max Payne as it was going cheap and that wasn't working control-wise in v1.5a, so with these other tweaks, I might give that another go. Likewise with Expendables (the old Dreamcast game) .. uses on-screen rotary controls .. only one of which seems to respond (on v1.5a) to the Xbox wired controller.

All in all, some fiddling and tweaking lie ahead, but once again Bob, well done and a hearty thanks from me.

Comment

Working...
                                X