MK808 - Finless 1.6 Custom ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just say thanks Bob for this awesome work. waiting for the new 1.7
    Remember what should be remembered, and forget what should be forgotten. Alter what is changeable, and accept what is mutable.

Comment

Originally posted by kaysermagnus View Post
      Sorry for double reply.

I have flashed three mk808 (with erase nand method and 1080p img) and i can't get any device on rkremotecontrol app.

What i have missed?
      My rkremote Works now. It whas a common mistake. The device and my foon where not in the same network.

Comment

This is not good for power company failure.

"Release Notes for 1.5a:
        1) This release does not corrupt the file system anymore with the reboot APP or unplugging."

"Release Notes for 1.6:
        4) Powering your device down STABLE without it bricking! Included on the status bar is a power down soft button. USE IT! I have also added reboot APP by Petrus to allow you additional reboot options. NEVER JUST UNPLUG your TV player. It can brick the device and cause you to reflash ROM. Android does not like to be unplugged. It can corrupt the ROM or user data area. WHY early units did not have this feature is beyond me! It bricked MANY PEOPLE! Now it should work well."

Comment

Originally posted by bdorset View Post
          "Release Notes for 1.5a:
          1) This release does not corrupt the file system anymore with the reboot APP or unplugging."
          C'mon, he clearly ment "BEFORE unplugging", or why would he mention the reboot APP? Don't be that nit-picking.

Comment

Originally posted by ADD View Post
            C'mon, he clearly ment "BEFORE unplugging", or why would he mention the reboot APP? Don't be that nit-picking.
            NOT nit-picking, I am running 1.5a for a long time. I probably interupted power to my MK808 more than 100 times because of a slack power strip. Each time it boot back right up without a problem. Now I worry about moving up to this ROM because of what it release note says. The original TV sticks were design to be powered by the TV USB, which means they were design to be interuped as many times you power down your TV.
            Last edited by bdorset; 01-03-2013, 11:33.

Comment

Great job.I love this fw...But...RkRemote don't work ! I try with tablet PIPO S1 and GALAXY GIO...I use same WiFi with MK808. Suggestion ? Thanks !

Comment

NOT nit-picking, I am running 1.5a for a long time. I probably interupted power to my MK808 more than 100 times because of a slack power strip. Each time it boot back right up without a problem. Now I worry about moving up to this ROM because of what it release note says. The original TV sticks were design to be powered by the TV USB, which means they were design to be interuped as many times you power down your TV.
                Maybe you're right saying that there were initially designed in their earlier generations (MK802) to be powered by the TV USB as they were not that power consuming. But none of them is designed to be interupted by unplugging. This is a miniPC with a quite complicated OS, it's not an iron or a satelite box that you can switch off by pulling out the plug. You would not do that to your desktop, would you? You'd soft-power off first, let the system close and save all running services and only then shut it down... So, my point is that be it 1.5a or 1.6, neither of them like unplugging.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by ADD View Post
                  Maybe you're right saying that there were initially designed in their earlier generations (MK802) to be powered by the TV USB as they were not that power consuming. But none of them is designed to be interupted by unplugging. This is a miniPC with a quite complicated OS, it's not an iron or a satelite box that you can switch off by pulling out the plug. You would not do that to your desktop, would you? You'd soft-power off first, let the system close and save all running services and only then shut it down... So, my point is that be it 1.5a or 1.6, neither of them like unplugging.

Cheers
                  Then maybe this is a job for the makers of these devices to put a Capacitor or something that could hold about 2 minutes charge/power, so when it detects a power failure it will use this standby charge/supply to go into automatic shutdown mode.

Comment

Then maybe this is a job for the makers of these devices to put a Capacitor or something that could hold about 2 minutes charge/power, so when it detects a power failure it will use this standby charge/supply to go into automatic shutdown mode.
                    We're talking about a small chinese manufacturer that was not even able to come with a well functionning firmware and whos first aim is the profit. Thanks to the community and to those dedicated like Bob, the device is getting its second life. We are all beta-testers here...

Comment

Guys let me explain a little.

Pre-1.5a I used an older version of the reboot APP. It had a problem with not unmounting all the file systems properly before issuing the cshut down command. In 1.5a ande above I am now using an updated version of the reboot APP which is suppose to unmount all the files systems before rebooting or shutting down the unit.

Now as for just unplugging the unit. Nothing here has changed! BUT I am warning you. Just because you never had a problem before does not mean you wont one time! Sure you might get by many times without issue but all it takes is for an APP or system service to be writing to NAND "when" you unplug and BAM... corrupted file system that may not allow you to boot back up. It has happened to MANY...

I cannot tell you how many posts I have seen where someone says "Hey I bought this unit and it worked fine. Then one day it would not boot and now is dead". I can pretty much assure you what happened is exactly what can happen. It got unplugged while something was writing to the file system!

NAND memory is just like a hard drive. It is NOT GOOD to just power off your PC or even a Linux system as something could be in the middle of writing to the hard drive or in our case the NAND hard drive! If that "coincidence" happens. There is a chance you will be bricked and cannot boot up again and will have to reflash the ROM.

So again... while you have not had a problem so far in just powering off the unit, it is NOT good practice! This is why many of these sticks now have a power off button on the status bar.

Bob
                      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Hi bob thx for ur great roms, cant wait for 1.7 with working 1080p and maybe oc kernel made by 2dark4u
                        and maybe some on screen control support for gamepads (would be awesome if u manage to make it working somehow)

but i still have some questions

1. the power off app/softkey seems to shut down my mk808 but the optical sensor of my wired mouse seems to be still on
                        everything right here?
                        2. my wireless keyboard mouse combo (labtec laser 1200 dpi) doesnt work at all - any way to fix that?
                        3. since im german is there any file to alter for changing keyboard layout form querty to quertz with our special keys "ö ü ä ß" ?
                        4. is there a reason why the kernel isnt able to do 1080p because i know at least one kernel (kzix or something) that can do 1080p is it maybe that hardware acceleration isnt working in such kernels?

thx and keep on with the great work on your roms!

Comment

I give you boot1080.img so if you like you can use kiz's 1080 kernel if you want. So feel free to try that. Since it is not my kernel, I did not use it in the ROM kit. When 2dark has one, we will update.

As for your keyboard, sorry I cannot help. Try External Keyboard Helper Pro APP. Seems to have helped many.

Yes the poower off is not really a full power off. Because it is powered on the same buss, other USB stuff will still have power.

Bob

Comment

boot.ini

Bob i,m not good with Android . Can you made a boot.ini whith the gameloft tweek fore me ?
                            That I can easy replace ? I,m to scared to mes up my droid .
                            Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by roerbakeitje View Post
                              Bob i,m not good with Android . Can you made a boot.ini whith the gameloft tweek fore me ?
                              That I can easy replace ? I,m to scared to mes up my droid .
                              Thank you.
                              You mean a build.prop with gameloft patch?

You do not have to be good with ANdroid to edit this yourself. Install ES FIle manager APP. In settings for it turn on root explorer and mount system as rw.
                              Then open default.prop

Make these changes ONLY:

ro.build.tags=release-keys
                              ro.product.model=GT-I9100
                              ro.product.brand=samsung
                              ro.product.name=GT-I9100
                              ro.product.device=GT-I9100
                              ro.product.board=rk30sdk
                              ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
                              ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
                              ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
                              ro.product.locale.language=en
                              ro.product.locale.region=USA
                              ro.board.platform=rk30xx
                              ro.build.product=rk30sdk

ro.build.description=rk30sdk-eng 4.1.1 JRO03H eng.sw1.20120922.113904 test-keys
                              ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/GT-I9100/GT-I9100:4.0.4/IMM76D/ZSLPQ:user/release-keys

Save the file. ES will make a backup file you can go back to.

Bob

Comment

Bob thank you.

Guys and girls when you have a playstation controller this will work . I have found a video with sombody that has a ps3 controller on a tabe. Look at here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dizb...e_gdata_player
                                I,l gonna test this and as it works I,l wil make a video . On the mean time you can try this also.

Comment

Working...
                                X