MK808 - Finless 1.6 Custom ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK808 - Finless 1.6 Custom ROM

OK guys I spent a lot of time on ths ROM. I think personally it is one of my BEST ROMs yet!
    Lot's of cool features you MK808 users have not had from me.

PERSONAL ASK PLEASE! Please respect my work! I ask that this ROM not be uploaded to file sharing sites or distributed elsewhere! I want ALL users to get my ROMS from FreakTab. This way you KNOW your getting my work and the latest ROM available. This is not a difficult request. Please respect my ask as if not, one day I may stop making ROMs.
    Thank you!

WHAT THIS IS NOT:

THIS IS NOT FOR THE MK808-B or any other OEM that has bluetooth support! If you use this ROM good chance your wifi will NOT WORK anymore! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

This is not a true 1080P kernel ROM!
    2dark4u is still working on a good 1080P kernel for you. It's not done yet and that will be in a MK808 1.7 ROM. HOWEVER, I have spent a lot of time tuning this for best look at scaled up 1080P. Trust I think you will like how it looks
    It will also be the base for 1.7 (I hope )

WHAT THIS IS:

Release notes:

1) This is NOT a true 1080p ROM! 2dark4u is still working on a 1080 kernel for the MK808. So that will be 1.7 ROM. However I have CUSTOM TUNED this ROM so it looks good "set" at scaled up 1080P!!! Font's Icons, etc!
    On first boot I have DEFAULTED this ROM to boot at 1280x720 for compatability with older TVs!
    Some people cant boot custom ROMs unless EDID is ignored. So I forced this to 1280x720 on first boot! If you want the BEST look and your TV does 1080, then first thing to do is go into display settings and change it to 1080! I think you will like how it looks scaled up now from 720!

2) Hide status bar NOW has a easy return. My previous hide status bar the only way to get it back was to change apps. Now all you need to do is put the mouse at the botton edge of the screen and click and swipe up! Status bar is back!

3) Remote Control using RK Remote APP is now fully supported! In the ROM kit is a RKRemoteControl.apk. You install this on your phone or tablet and now it can remotly control your TV player! Just put the APK on sdcard or something and install it on your Android phone, tablet, etc. ENJOY this one! I had a HARD TIME getting it to work!

4) Powering your device down STABLE without it bricking! Included on the status bar is a power down soft button. USE IT! I have also added reboot APP by Petrus to allow you additional reboot options. NEVER JUST UNPLUG your TV player. It can brick the device and cause you to reflash ROM. Android does not like to be unplugged. It can corrupt the ROM or user data area. WHY early units did not have this feature is beyond me! It bricked MANY PEOPLE! Now it should work well.

5) Two boot.img's available. While this is NOT a 1080P ROM for those that want to use Kriz MK808 or other 1080 kernels and do not want the boot screen all jacked up, I have added a boot1080.img file.
    The boot720 is set as default. If you decide yto use another 1080 kernel, just change to boot1080.img
    To change a selection for boot, in the flash tool click the empty box to the far right of boot line.
    A file browser will open. Navigate to the FinlessROM folder and select the boot1080.img

Features in 1.6 ROM:

1) Optimized for scaled up 720 to 1080 for best look!
    2) Hide status bar soft button with "easy" bring it back up by dragging mouse from bottom up!
    3) Shut down soft button! USE THIS instead of unplugging and causing a BRICK of your ROM!
    4) Fully rooted with the latest SU and SUperUser.apk
    5) Debloated of china and other junk APPs you an get back from Google Play
    6) FULL GOOGLE PLAY mods! Onlive and other Apps shouls show up now.
    If you want more compatabiliyt like Gameloft, you must edit build.prop. See Freaktab.com for that info.
    7) Soft volume buttons on status bar.
    8) Special add for this ROM. Full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it.
    If you do, you can now install and use boot time scripts like V6 SUper Charger!
    9) All APPs are up to date! So you will not get any Google Play APPs needing updated.
    10) Cleaned up the file system so it is not fragmented! Basicly I used linux tune2fs when making the images.
    11) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).
    12) The Xbox XPAD.KO module is now injected on boot. This was by request! Enjoy!
    13) CIFS, TUN and MD4 KO modules were also added by request.

In the ROM kit there is a read me! This has full instructions for how to upgrade. So PLEASE read the read me!

Here is my Finless 1.6 MK808 ROM:

ROM -> MK808 Finless 1.6 ROM (244 megs)

Enjoy,
    Bob
    Last edited by Finless; 02-09-2013, 17:11.
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Just to add

Guys.... I spent a large amount of time on this ROM.

It has all the features I want
    Maybe not all you want, but this works well for me and my Wife loves it!

The optimized 720 scale up to 1080 my wife loves! In fact, when I use a 1080 kernel, my wifes likes the look of the 720 better for Android stuff like games, Email, Skype, etc....

So.... I really do hope you MK808 folks enjoy it. I think it brings you the features many have looked for over and above my older 1.5A ROM. This update was JUST for you MK808 users....

I try my best and can't do everything you all want right now, but I think this is WORTH FLASHING...

You all let me know please!
    I do this all for everyone including myself so I can use the product to it's fullest potential! So you get my pride and joy because I like to use this device

Bob

Comment

Awesome

I'll be flashing this in the morning, thanks for the great work and updates, looking forward to 1.7

Comment

Working great on my 808. Thanks, Bob.

Do you by chance have a 720p kernel that can do 1.5 or 1.6Ghz?

Comment

Will load tomorrow, but why so scared of 1080p?

Also, any news on Dolby Digital and DTS pass-though?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by flynreelow View Post
            Will load tomorrow, but why so scared of 1080p?

Also, any news on Dolby Digital and DTS pass-though?

Thanks
            We are not afraid of 1080P at all... Alex (2dark4u) just wants a kernel that gives you guys the full potential of a kernel that does not exist! overclock, scalability, and is STABLE!!!!

He is a profectionist and wants it right... So please understand this.

Anyway in the mean time I have been working hard on my side. This WILL blow away the ug802 ROM I think! Again... my favorite device is the MK808.... So this is a cool ROM I think.

Use it or not.... 1080 "unlocked" will come when Alex is ready. But in the mean time I have at least given you the ability to have a kick ass ROM at 720 best possible looking..... OR..... using other 1080 kernels out there if you so desire!

Tell me it is not cool having choices?

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              We are not afraid of 1080P at all... Alex (2dark4u) just wants a kernel that gives you guys the full potential of a kernel that does not exist! overclock, scalability, and is STABLE!!!!

He is a profectionist and wants it right... So please understand this.

Anyway in the mean time I have been working hard on my side. This WILL blow away the ug802 ROM I think! Again... my favorite device is the MK808.... So this is a cool ROM I think.

Use it or not.... 1080 "unlocked" will come when Alex is ready. But in the mean time I have at least given you the ability to have a kick ass ROM at 720 best possible looking..... OR..... using other 1080 kernels out there if you so desire!

Tell me it is not cool having choices?

Bob
              Thanks Much.]

Whats up with DTS and Dolby Digital Support?

Comment

Originally posted by flynreelow View Post
                Thanks Much.]

Whats up with DTS and Dolby Digital Support?
                I am sorry I do not have that kind of setup and cannot test or even try to see if I can get that working.

Sorry.....

Maybe later I will get a setup like that and try.

Bob

Comment

Thanks, Mr.Finless ! Great job ! Keep it so !
                  ...what is "native" frequency of this fw ? In future release maybe support (include) RK Remote ?!
                  Can be flashed with RKBatchTool 1.5 ?
                  Kind regards !

Comment

super

Thanks for this rom it works great i like the rk remote app one question do i need to download any codec to play divx with the media centre?

Niels

Comment

Originally posted by fratello View Post
                      Thanks, Mr.Finless ! Great job ! Keep it so !
                      ...what is "native" frequency of this fw ? In future release maybe support (include) RK Remote ?!
                      Can be flashed with RKBatchTool 1.5 ?
                      Kind regards !
                      its allredy suport rk remote:"

3) Remote Control using RK Remote APP is now fully supported! In the ROM kit is a RKRemoteControl.apk. You install this on your phone or tablet and now it can remotly control your TV player! Just put the APK on sdcard or something and install it on your Android phone, tablet, etc. ENJOY this one! I had a HARD TIME getting it to work!
                      Everything is possible if we work together!
                      ApkFreak

Comment

Mea culpa ...
                        I think I was blind ... I will try today !!!
                        Last edited by fratello; 12-30-2012, 10:38.

Comment

Download issues?

Hi there, anybody else having issues with download?

I click on "Download anyway" after Google says the file is too big to scan and then nothing happens. I can see 13 others also trying to access the file.

Thanks!

EDIT: Could not download using Safari/Chrome/IE, but OK with FireFox!

EDIT: Preview video for anybody else who is going to give it a go!

Last edited by minitvstick; 12-31-2012, 20:05.
                          www.minitvstick.com
                          Sticking it to the Big PC!

Comment

found usb android loader rock usb

I think i mist somthing .

The driver at devicemanger is ok . It says class for rockusb devices.
                            Under that rk30 device. It's ok and no errors.

At the android stick no bleu light. That seems ok to.

When I open the Rom flash tool it says in the bottom.
                            Found RK Android Loader Rock USB.

What to do now ? The Manuel says it must say .
                            Found RKandroid mass storage USB.

Solved.... I HAVE INSTALLD 1.6 AND I,M HAPPY

Okey 1 small problem I have installed rk remote now on my foon. And I pushed button search device. It can't find any thing. Also when I look at the process running on the mk808 there is noting that says rkremote .

And an other problem. Why is YouTube gone ? When I reistall it from playstore I get the one that has no fullscreen option.

Thanks fore the hard work. And a good new year.
                            Last edited by roerbakeitje; 12-30-2012, 13:38.

Comment

Originally posted by roerbakeitje View Post
                              I think i mist somthing .

The driver at devicemanger is ok . It says class for rockusb devices.
                              Under that rk30 device. It's ok and no errors.

At the android stick no bleu light. That seems ok to.

When I open the Rom flash tool it says in the bottom.
                              Found RK Android Loader Rock USB.

What to do now ? The Manuel says it must say .
                              Found RKandroid mass storage USB.
                              When it says "Found RK android loader Rock USB" just click erase nand, once that's done click flash rom

Comment

Working...
                              X