WiFi adapter or mod for MK808B??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WiFi adapter or mod for MK808B??

Hi, I bought a MK808B and was planning to use it mostly for YouTube and surfing the web from my TV, but my device has a really bad reception and slow internet speed. Is there a WiFi adapter I can purchase that will easily work for my device? Or a mod or something to fix this? I found lots of post but none for the 808b, I'm not sure if it makes any difference, but I'm a noob and I would appreciate some help!
    Last edited by kickokim; 02-01-2013, 00:52.

Originally posted by kickokim View Post
    Hi, I bought a MK808B and was planning to use it mostly for YouTube and surfing the web from my TV, but my device has a really bad reception and slow internet speed. Is there a WiFi adapter I can purchase that will easily work for my device? Or a mod or something to fix this? I found lots of post but none for the 808b, I'm not sure if it makes any difference, but I'm a noob and I would appreciate some help!
    im pretty sure its the same as mk808

Comment

Or a mod or something to fix this?
      give this a try. also THIS
      basically if you open up your 808B, you'll see an ANT (antenna) pin and a GND (ground).
      Dont worry about the ground, but just connect some metal to the ANT (a wire or something). That should improve the reception.
      Please report back if it worked for you.
      cheers

Comment

R: WiFi adapter or mod for MK808B??

Thanks, I'll try some mods then. I was hoping on a easier fix! But it doesn't look too difficult anyway!

Comment

For the best Result take a old Antenna from a Router and connect it to it.
          Or you can buy one with a fma socket to mount it on the Stick.

Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
            For the best Result take a old Antenna from a Router and connect it to it.
            Or you can buy one with a fma socket to mount it on the Stick.

Neomode
            Ok, I've tried all the mods! It took all night... I can actually get a good enough signal, but the problem is the speed, it's always to slow and I can't open any page. I suppose my device is just defected and the only way to fix my crappy WiFi is to make an external USB WiFi dongle work! Is that possible?? If yes, which model and how?

Comment

AW: WiFi adapter or mod for MK808B??

I dont think it is your W-LAN Adpater. I think it is the Network.
              Get this App from App Store Wifi Analyzer and lock with how many W-LANś you share your Channel.

Than change your Chanel to a free one and you will get better Wlan File Transfer.

Gesendet von meinem A210 mit Tapatalk 2

Comment

Get this App from App Store Wifi Analyzer and lock with how many W-LANś you share your Channel.

Than change your Chanel to a free one and you will get better Wlan File Transfer.

Tried that, it's clean! And also all the other devices have good connection on it.. I've also changed channels just to see

Comment

Tried that, it's clean! And also all the other devices have good connection on it.. I've also changed channels just to see
                  Try one with Realtek Chipset. This should work. But always there must be a Kernel Driver in the Rom to Support it.

Neomode

Comment

Try one with Realtek Chipset. This should work. But always there must be a Kernel Driver in the Rom to Support it.

Neomode
                    I should have some of those. Now I just need a Rom with a compatible kernel! I'll do some searching...
                    Thanks for your help

Comment

You were right, the problem isn't the Wifi chip. I just connected to my 3g network using my phone with tethering and it works like a charm! But I can-t understand why it wont work with my router. The radio channel looks clean and all my other devices work with it!

Comment

You were right, the problem isn't the Wifi chip. I just connected to my 3g network using my phone with tethering and it works like a charm! But I can-t understand why it wont work with my router. The radio channel looks clean and all my other devices work with it!
                        I have exactly the same problem.

The signal strength is OK (-60dBm), but the connection speed is only 1-5Mbps. Actually it connects to 54Mbps but it drops immediately to 2Mbps. There is no other network on the same 2.4G channel except my router.
                        I also shared the 3G connection of my phone over WiFi and it works at 65Mbps at 2 meters distance.
                        BUT, if I put my phone next to the router, then the link speed also drops to 5Mbps.

So, it has to be fu**ing wifi antenna of the stupid box.
                        I ordered this antenna and this USB ethernet adapter, just in case.

Comment

AW: WiFi adapter or mod for MK808B??

The best is to make a mod to connect a external Antenna to it. Also good is to have a USB Power Supply with 2 Amp.

Neomode

Send from my SG3

Comment

yes, indeed. It seems the only solution to the wifi issue is to assemble a decent antenna.
                            I've done it and the improvement is huge in terms of link speed - from 1-2Mbps up to 65 Mbps. Connection speed of 150Mbps is still not possible, but at least I could use 30Mbps download speed.

Comment

linksys antena replacemet but link speed still shows 2Mbps

Originally posted by underdog View Post
                              yes, indeed. It seems the only solution to the wifi issue is to assemble a decent antenna.
                              I've done it and the improvement is huge in terms of link speed - from 1-2Mbps up to 65 Mbps. Connection speed of 150Mbps is still not possible, but at least I could use 30Mbps download speed.
                              Can you elaborate a little bit more? I did swap out the pins with the my old Linksys antenna and soldered them back. However, the link speeds is still only show 2Mbps. What internet Chanel are you using? My signal strength is excellent (full 4 bars ). I want to try the back side, but could not find any GND & ANT on the board so what do I need to do?

hat channel are you using
                              Last edited by 00tjonez; 02-20-2013, 05:03. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                              X