Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK808 "all models" Finless 1.7

UPDATE March 24, 2013:

I have added the 1.7 ROM for the MK808B V1 Clone. Consider it a BETA TEST ROM for now. Remember I cannot test this so I do not know if wifi and BT will work!

All the other models MK808, MK808B, MK808B Sunvel Clone are working as desired.

Enjoy,
    Bob

Features and release notes for my 1.7 ROM:

This is an entirely new system. This is not much from the original MK808 ROM in this as fas as system goes.
    Many features from my 1.6 ROM are of course in this along with new features.

BE SURE to check out the mouse wheel ZOOM function to enable google earth etc to zoom!!!!
    Set it by going into settings>accessibility> and turn on mouse zoom!

1) New "auto hide" status bar! To enable this go into settings>Display and turn it on.
    Now anytime you run an APP it will automatically hide the status bar. Please note, some badly written APPs
    can leave you in a stuck condition that you cannot exit the APP. You will need you keyboard exit key.

2) While you in settings>display there is another feature to force the settings menu icon in the status bar.
    It is 3 dots vertically. Now anytime you in a APP that has a settings capability, if you click that you get settings!

3) Lock screen is back friends! Now is settings>security you can
    A) Disable the lock screen completely (default is slide)
    b) Setup a pattern for lock screen
    c) Setup a PIN for lock screen
    d) Setup a password for lock screen

4) Sleep is back like a tablet!!!! Go into settings>display and you can turn on sleep!
    Now understand how this works
    a) If there is no wifi or ethernet connection the MK808 when it goes to sleep will power off.
    b) If there is a connection, it will simple go into low power mode and turn the display off. Moving the mouse turns it back on again

5) I enabled location services. This is now in the settings menu. Tested and working with all APPs that use it.
    remember to turn off GPS as we have no GPS.

6) New "grid" style launcher available as a choice of launchers.
    Some people still want the Alternate launcher that comes with many TV sticks for EZ TV use.
    I took this from the Neo X5 ROM as I liked it better than previous versions. This of course comes with the RK settings as well.
    If you want to remove this just use ES File explorer and delete these files from /system/app
    LauncherNEW.apk
    AllApp.apk
    RKSettings.apk
    RKBasicsettings.apk
    Now just reboot and all this will be gone.

7) Gameloft fix. This fixes Gameloft games from crashing to the desktop.
    Many of them do not run and crash to the desktop. This is due to a license check based on the device. Special thanks to Christian Troy for inventing this fix.

8) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
    I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
    Your device will show up in google play as NOT a MK808 device! Understand this please.
    I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
    If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old. Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
    Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
    Reboot!

9) Rockchip just released a updated libstagefright.so to try and fix HW decoding issues in XBMC.
    I have added this to the ROM but have not fully tested it yet.
    See info here regarding this new library.

10) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!

11) RK Mirroring is enabled. I have yet to figure it out or how to use it but if we ever do, its there.
    I think we need a client on our tablets to use it. Hopefully more info will come from WiMo about this.

12) Remote Control using RK Remote APP is now fully supported!
    In the ROM kit is a RKRemoteControl.apk.
    You install this on your phone or tablet and now it can remotely control your TV player!
    Just put the APK on sdcard or something and install it on your Android phone, tablet, etc.
    ENJOY this one! I had a HARD TIME getting it to work!

13) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).

14) As always I added the Xbox XPAD.KO module is now injected on boot. This was by request! Enjoy!

15) I added Xbox360 keylayout to fix some games and camera spin with xbox 360 controller. Per this post here:
    Video that demonstrates the setup, show an example of the problem, the steps to solve the problem, and the working solution!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9czISrLGXNI&hd=1 So first lets just talk about the Hardware Setup. Xbox 360...

16) TUN.ko module is also added by request. (CIFS and MD4 are already in the latest kernel).
    Be aware if you use another kernel other than whats in this ROM, you may have to manually insmod CIFS and MD4.
    The files are in /system/lib/modules

For more information ALWAYS read the README in the ROM kit!

Here are the links for 1.7 ROM

Please make sure you use the correct ROM for your hardware version!

MK808 Original (not for clones or B model) UPDATED to 1.7c as of March 15, 2013

ROM -> MK808 Original Finless 1.7c ROM (240 megs)

MK808B Original model:

ROM -> MK808B Original Finless 1.7 ROM (240 megs)

MK808B Sunvel Clone

ROM -> MK808B Sunvel Clone Finless 1.7 ROM (240 megs)

MK808B V1 Clone

ROM -> MK808B V1l Clone Finless 1.7 ROM (240 megs)

Enjoy,
    Bob
    Last edited by Finless; 03-24-2013, 18:54.
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Antutu crashes

FYI folks, there appears to be a know bug with the latest Antutu benchmark and spoofing a Samsung in build.prop. I think Antutu expect certain graphics hardware when build.prop says it's a Samsung!

This is a very well know issue. Most are waiting for a updated Antutu so it does not crash during 3d graphics testing.

Nothing I can do about it. In my readme I tell you how to go back to stock build.prop. So try it please.

Bob

Comment

Nice!

Awesome work Bob! I can't wait to try it out. I just got done working 12 hours or I would load it right now. Thanks for all the hard work. Maybe I'll do a video if that's ok with you and i can get some time.

Thanks again,
      Rivers

Comment

Originally posted by riversdirect View Post
        Awesome work Bob! I can't wait to try it out. I just got done working 12 hours or I would load it right now. Thanks for all the hard work. Maybe I'll do a video if that's ok with you and i can get some time.

Thanks again,
        Rivers
        Sure and thanks! If you want the BETA to try, PM me and be sure to tell me which model you have.

Bob

Comment

Is there a changelog ? also does it support 1080p videos over wifi/ethernet ?

thanks
          Last edited by bolinao; 02-18-2013, 08:11.

Comment

Re: BETA - MK808 "all models" Finless 1.7 BETA TEST - Report thread

Ok, first impresions, mk808b "original" rk903 chipset, nice bootanimation wifi ok (as before) BT ok (as before), nice new launcher (I have to test it better), Rom feels smooth at 720 and 1080 kernel, I didn't notice before any hardware aceleration issues playing videos, they runs very well from local disk at 720p and 1080p with stock player and mxplayer, need to test in local net. I will post more in a few hours, if someone wants something to be tested pls say it and I will try to test it
            REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
            My devices:
            Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
            MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
            Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
            Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
            Gearbest.com)
            MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
            Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
            Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by bolinao View Post
              Is there a changelog ?
              +1

what kernel does it use?
              MK808 Original Gold Edition

Comment

In my version original kernel January 10 for 720 and patched kernel from armtvtech made by vmirage. In the others mk808 versions I supose that officials kernels are used.
                Remember my model is 808b with rk903 wifi chipset, if you dont have this exact model, you will lose wifi and BT if you install the 1080 kernel patched by vmirage.

Official changuelog will be available when Bob launch this release. For the testers changues are wrote in README in the zip like Bob says in the PM.

Antutu benchmark works for me with Samsung build.prop 9250 with 720p kernel I use a class 4 16Gb SD.
                Last edited by leolas; 02-18-2013, 09:56.
                My devices:
                Gearbest.com)
                Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

is this firmware compatible with mk802iiis bluetooth version?
                  Minix neo x7 custom quickshot V3.1 kitkat with cpu1700 video stock and oc ram 720 kernal
                  HTC Amaze 4g unofficial cyanogen mod 11 KitKat 4.4.4
                  ASUS Nexus 7 (original 2012 tegra 3) Cyanogen mod 12 Lollipop 5.0.2

Comment

Originally posted by neodoom View Post
                    is this firmware compatible with mk802iiis bluetooth version?
                    I dont think that.
                    My devices:
                    Gearbest.com)

Comment

AW: BETA - MK808 "all models" Finless 1.7 BETA TEST - Report thread

Hy Bob,

please send me also a link for a test version for the mk808b with rk903 :-D
                      Thx a lot ;-)

best regards
                      Craxx :-)

Send from my Nexus 4 with Tapatalk 2 :-D

Comment

AnTuTu

, > < ,
                        I
                        \_/

Comment

Update the version data

Hi Bob,
                          Just a friendly reminder to update the version data to 1.7

Best regards from Hungary!

Comment

Beta Test version ? Please count me in :-)

Hello Finless !
                            Today i got my HDMI Stick and now i already know your firmware is the one to go for :-)
                            If you still need BETA testers, please send me a dload link.

Thanks,

Ender

Comment

Hi Finless,

Good job here, I cant wait to test it out
                              Could you send me a link please?

Also about upgrade, is it best to do a clean flash or can the system.img be used alone or maybe the kernel file?

I am using the SS808 (I believe it is a clone of the MK808)
                              I have your 1.7 rom for UG802, the boot1080p of 1.6 for MK808 and the kernel 1.5 of kizs

Regards
                              Alex

Comment

Working...
                              X