MK808 "all models" Finless 1.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by triplesilk View Post
    I'm in the same boat. Prahjister kindly sent me a ROM for the non-B to test that seems very fast and the wifi seems to work (had a drop out here and there but that could always happen). It freezes all the time though, for me anyway, so I can't use it.
    Yea at least you're wifi is working i have stock 4.1 image for my dongle but its garbage slow laggy and wifi is slow rubbish China crap it is do you think one of the devs could wip a quick kernel with pached wifi drivers from the image i have. I do have some experience with android development but zero with kernel development
    My Works @XDA:
    AVD Rom Xperia J The Way Stock Should Be
    Pre Root Xperia J 4.12
    Deodex Xperia L
    Deodex Xperia Z kitkat
    Stock Xperia Icon's For CM11

Comment

Originally posted by triplesilk View Post
      I'm in the same boat. Prahjister kindly sent me a ROM for the non-B to test that seems very fast and the wifi seems to work (had a drop out here and there but that could always happen). It freezes all the time though, for me anyway, so I can't use it.
      Tried it bro WiFi still not working for me. I can't find any info on the net about this tv stick at all strange
      My Works @XDA:
      AVD Rom Xperia J The Way Stock Should Be
      Pre Root Xperia J 4.12
      Deodex Xperia L
      Deodex Xperia Z kitkat
      Stock Xperia Icon's For CM11

Comment

flashed both clone roms, and both boot hangs on 2 penguins...what did i do wrong?

Comment

Which clone do you have? There are about 10-15 different ones.

Comment

Which rom should I install?

Wifi and Bluetooth don't work on Finless 1.0 and 1.1

Purchased from Gearbest

Any chance I can get a zip file to install? I can't seem to get teh image flasher to work in WIndows 8
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.
            Last edited by Roy360; 06-11-2015, 22:17.

Comment

Has anyone been able to install Kodi 15.0 on this ROM? 14.2 works, but I'm getting "parsing package error" with 15.0.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk

Comment

Deleted: Duplicate post.

Last edited by kozmo2k4; 02-11-2016, 16:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  UPDATE March 24, 2013:

I have added the 1.7 ROM for the MK808B V1 Clone. Consider it a BETA TEST ROM for now. Remember I cannot test this so I do not know if wifi and BT will work!

All the other models MK808, MK808B, MK808B Sunvel Clone are working as desired.

Enjoy,
                  Bob

Features and release notes for my 1.7 ROM:

This is an entirely new system. This is not much from the original MK808 ROM in this as fas as system goes.
                  Many features from my 1.6 ROM are of course in this along with new features.

BE SURE to check out the mouse wheel ZOOM function to enable google earth etc to zoom!!!!
                  Set it by going into settings>accessibility> and turn on mouse zoom!

1) New "auto hide" status bar! To enable this go into settings>Display and turn it on.
                  Now anytime you run an APP it will automatically hide the status bar. Please note, some badly written APPs
                  can leave you in a stuck condition that you cannot exit the APP. You will need you keyboard exit key.

2) While you in settings>display there is another feature to force the settings menu icon in the status bar.
                  It is 3 dots vertically. Now anytime you in a APP that has a settings capability, if you click that you get settings!

3) Lock screen is back friends! Now is settings>security you can
                  A) Disable the lock screen completely (default is slide)
                  b) Setup a pattern for lock screen
                  c) Setup a PIN for lock screen
                  d) Setup a password for lock screen

4) Sleep is back like a tablet!!!! Go into settings>display and you can turn on sleep!
                  Now understand how this works
                  a) If there is no wifi or ethernet connection the MK808 when it goes to sleep will power off.
                  b) If there is a connection, it will simple go into low power mode and turn the display off. Moving the mouse turns it back on again

5) I enabled location services. This is now in the settings menu. Tested and working with all APPs that use it.
                  remember to turn off GPS as we have no GPS.

6) New "grid" style launcher available as a choice of launchers.
                  Some people still want the Alternate launcher that comes with many TV sticks for EZ TV use.
                  I took this from the Neo X5 ROM as I liked it better than previous versions. This of course comes with the RK settings as well.
                  If you want to remove this just use ES File explorer and delete these files from /system/app
                  LauncherNEW.apk
                  AllApp.apk
                  RKSettings.apk
                  RKBasicsettings.apk
                  Now just reboot and all this will be gone.

7) Gameloft fix. This fixes Gameloft games from crashing to the desktop.
                  Many of them do not run and crash to the desktop. This is due to a license check based on the device. Special thanks to Christian Troy for inventing this fix.

8) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
                  I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
                  Your device will show up in google play as NOT a MK808 device! Understand this please.
                  I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
                  If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old. Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
                  Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
                  Reboot!

9) Rockchip just released a updated libstagefright.so to try and fix HW decoding issues in XBMC.
                  I have added this to the ROM but have not fully tested it yet.
                  See info here regarding this new library.

10) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!

11) RK Mirroring is enabled. I have yet to figure it out or how to use it but if we ever do, its there.
                  I think we need a client on our tablets to use it. Hopefully more info will come from WiMo about this.

12) Remote Control using RK Remote APP is now fully supported!
                  In the ROM kit is a RKRemoteControl.apk.
                  You install this on your phone or tablet and now it can remotely control your TV player!
                  Just put the APK on sdcard or something and install it on your Android phone, tablet, etc.
                  ENJOY this one! I had a HARD TIME getting it to work!

13) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).

14) As always I added the Xbox XPAD.KO module is now injected on boot. This was by request! Enjoy!

15) I added Xbox360 keylayout to fix some games and camera spin with xbox 360 controller. Per this post here:
                  Video that demonstrates the setup, show an example of the problem, the steps to solve the problem, and the working solution!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9czISrLGXNI&hd=1 So first lets just talk about the Hardware Setup. Xbox 360...

16) TUN.ko module is also added by request. (CIFS and MD4 are already in the latest kernel).
                  Be aware if you use another kernel other than whats in this ROM, you may have to manually insmod CIFS and MD4.
                  The files are in /system/lib/modules

For more information ALWAYS read the README in the ROM kit!

Here are the links for 1.7 ROM

Please make sure you use the correct ROM for your hardware version!

MK808 Original (not for clones or B model) UPDATED to 1.7c as of March 15, 2013

ROM -> MK808 Original Finless 1.7c ROM (240 megs)

MK808B Original model:

ROM -> MK808B Original Finless 1.7 ROM (240 megs)

MK808B Sunvel Clone

ROM -> MK808B Sunvel Clone Finless 1.7 ROM (240 megs)

MK808B V1 Clone

ROM -> MK808B V1l Clone Finless 1.7 ROM (240 megs)

Enjoy,
                  Bob
                  kur

Comment

Hi Bob , many thanks for fixing the download links!!, sadly , the finless updates did not work for me , however, you pointed me in the right direction and for that i am truly grateful.

Again , many thanks ...

MK808b owner..

Comment

Salve,
                      Non riesco a scaricare il file finless/mk808_finless_17c.zip. Potreste darmi chiarimenti? Grazie

Comment

links are broken...

Comment

• mo123
                          mo123 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You know this was made 8 years ago and the device was discontinued?

Originally posted by jean_claude2 View Post
                        links are broken...
                        I have this file if you need it.
                        MK808B Plus_112k4_20150807.img
                        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Working...
                        X