• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you need working WIFI and bluetooth?

Comment

Originally posted by phinc View Post
      Do you need working WIFI and bluetooth?
      Wifi yes, but BT no. I'm guessing you're going to suggest one of the Bob's ROMs? (I've read it would 90% of the time make wifi and BT unusable on "incompatible" models). Would it even flash on these models?

Comment

No finless rom will work on your device because yours is very different from the original one. But there are hardware versions that are very similar to yours but with a different WIFI chip. (e.g. http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ernel-file%29=). It will most likely boot, but WIFI and BT will not work.

Comment

No finless rom will work on your device because yours is very different from the original one. But there are hardware versions that are very similar to yours but with a different WIFI chip. (e.g. http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ernel-file%29=). It will most likely boot, but WIFI and BT will not work.
          Nice, only to know that there's some hope to make JB work on this one is some good news already thank you.

So - sorry if taking much of your time here - there's a way for me to adapt Bob's ROM (I forgot if he shares the source, hm) or any other ROM that would happen to boot here? I've done some custom ROM stuff but never messed with Kernels, I'm wondering if you can give me only generic steps (or directions, or links) so I can go after this? I'm guessing some people already tried something similar to that (adapting an open-sourced ROM to their similar devices, but with different specific chips), and got somewhere with it?

Comment

There are no open source roms for the mk808b, even not for the original one. Finless "just" mods the stock roms with his tweaks. I dont't see much chance for you mate.
            What you can try: Get the JB stock rom from the link in my previous post and compare it to your stock rom (compare system folder). Maybe you can find the WIFI driver files in your stock KK rom and transfer them to the JB rom.

Comment

There are no open source roms for the mk808b, even not for the original one. Finless "just" mods the stock roms with his tweaks. I dont't see much chance for you mate.
              What you can try: Get the JB stock rom from the link in my previous post and compare it to your stock rom (compare system folder). Maybe you can find the WIFI driver files in your stock KK rom and transfer them to the JB rom.

Right, thank you very much for all the info - it helped a lot to at least try to make sense what I would need to do. I guess it's time to backup everything here and try-and-error some ROMs and - as you said - maybe I hit the jackpot and can "transplant" the Wifi support someway. If I get something working I'll post around the forum in the appropriate place.

​Thanks again phinc.

Comment

Hello, help me find the firmware for this device. Netxeon MK808B v3.0 20130912
                IMG_20201125_215952.jpg (4000×2250) (4pda.to)
                IMG_20201125_220031.jpg (4000×2250) (4pda.to)

Comment

Working...
                X