Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Misc. Questions MK808B (Keyboard Layout, GPS, Wifi...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Misc. Questions MK808B (Keyboard Layout, GPS, Wifi...)

Hi everyone!

First of all: Great Forum and great Support! Helped me a lot^^

I have some Questions for my new MK808B (Finless 2.0, 1080p 4.2.2 Kernel). I´m using it with a Motorola Lapdock (German QWERTZ layout) and I wonder, how to change the keyboard layout from US to DE. Everything i tried didn´t work out... Also I want to get rid of the Soft-Keyboard, when a real Keyboard is present. Any ideas?

I have a PSP-GPS dongle lying arround here, beeing useless for a couple of years. It fits into the OTG-Port. Can i get it working?

My Wifi shows always 50 % of signal strengh, or less. Dafuq?! Is there something wrong with it?

It might be the reason of using a BETA, but i have some lags in the main-menue. It seems, that it´s running on low FPS when I´m in Settings (for example). Should I use a different ROM/Kernel? And what is the stock clock of the CPU in my kernel? I heard, in stock-ROM it´s just running on 1 GHz instead of 1.6.

Also I want to install a Linux system. Is there one with HW-Acceleration out, yet?

A lot of questions^^. But thanks for your answers in advance. And sorry, if there might be some typos or grammar mistakes.

Greetings

Ponsen

Originally posted by Ponsen View Post
    Hi everyone!

First of all: Great Forum and great Support! Helped me a lot^^

I have some Questions for my new MK808B (Finless 2.0, 1080p 4.2.2 Kernel). I´m using it with a Motorola Lapdock (German QWERTZ layout) and I wonder, how to change the keyboard layout from US to DE. Everything i tried didn´t work out... Also I want to get rid of the Soft-Keyboard, when a real Keyboard is present. Any ideas?

I have a PSP-GPS dongle lying arround here, beeing useless for a couple of years. It fits into the OTG-Port. Can i get it working?

My Wifi shows always 50 % of signal strengh, or less. Dafuq?! Is there something wrong with it?

It might be the reason of using a BETA, but i have some lags in the main-menue. It seems, that it´s running on low FPS when I´m in Settings (for example). Should I use a different ROM/Kernel? And what is the stock clock of the CPU in my kernel? I heard, in stock-ROM it´s just running on 1 GHz instead of 1.6.

Also I want to install a Linux system. Is there one with HW-Acceleration out, yet?

A lot of questions^^. But thanks for your answers in advance. And sorry, if there might be some typos or grammar mistakes.

Greetings

Ponsen
    FOR THE KEYBOARD TO DISSAPEAR YOU NEED NULL KEYBOARD, INSTALL IT AND SELECT IT AS THE DEFAULT KEYBOARD
    FIRMWARE & HARDWARE COMPATIBILITY LIST FOR ANDROID TV STICKS
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ApGXribKk_8gdEc3YnlmOHlfRlRQVUxFbkJ3Zzg3U EE&output=html
    My Plexi MK802IV mod
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...xi-MK802IV-mod

Comment

Yup, works. One problem solved. Thanks^^

Comment

For the GPS, check http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=4361.0 and xda http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...143329&page=14 but if were you since you have BT on the thing go to **** and score one for 20€. Plenty of free BT GPS apps available. Wifi, well check the mods and you are good to go.

Comment

Hi,

so i worked arround a bit and here are my results so far:

The lags came from Finless 2.0, so I changed back to 1.7 and it´s working just fine.

Keyboard issues were solved by using an App called "External Keyboard Helper (Pro)". This App is great! It´s not just showing no soft keyboard, when in a text field, I was also able to change my keyboard settings to my region. So my keyboard is working properly with those "special keys" (äüöß...).

Unfortunately the PSP-GPS donlge wouldn´t work. I took the suggested sources from https://github.com/HvB/UsbGps4Droid compiled/installed them, but it wont recognize the gps-device.

The 50 % signal strengh maybe resulted in a bug in Finless 2.0. With 1.7 there are no problems.

After playing and benchmarking my device i realized that it becomes very hot. So overclocking might not be a good idea w/o a proper cooling. Maybe I will cut down a chipset cooler to fit it into the MK808B.

Didn´t try out another Linux system, but with all information I have, there´s still no hw-acc.

One more question came up:
          When I tried to connect my PS3 controller with my MK808B, the Sixaxis Controller app showed me a working Bluetooth chipset. So I conntected my controller via USB to the device. Unfortunately when I wanted to select the connected controller in that listbox, it just showed me "None". But when I´m pushing buttons I can controll my device. I also tried to pair it the MAC of the MK with MotionInJoy on Windows, but it wont connect... Any suggestions?

Greetings, Ponsen

Comment

Working...
          X