Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to backup restore before/after rom flash

Hi,

I have both a mk808b and minix, I use Bob's rom. My question is how can I best backup/restore between rom flash updates. Installing everything every time by hand tends to be too much. Have tried search, couldn't find an answer. A simple link would be appreciated.

Thanks for the time and effort Bob! And of course all other developers!

Regards,
    Hans

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hi,

I have both a mk808b and minix, I use Bob's rom. My question is how can I best backup/restore between rom flash updates. Installing everything every time by hand tends to be too much. Have tried search, couldn't find an answer. A simple link would be appreciated.

Thanks for the time and effort Bob! And of course all other developers!

Regards,
    Hans
    I bought ROMs toolbox pro some time ago, and I use the app manager, works very well for me.
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

I'm always super cautious about this, I using something like MyAppsList to send myself an email with market links to all the apps I have installed, before I upgrade.

After the upgrade I just click through the list on my laptop to install the latest versions of all apps straight to the newly flashed device. This is usually a good time to do a 'purge' as well, don't re-install apps that you don't use!

For most apps, getting them set up is just a username and password, they restore their settings from the 'cloud'.

Comment

Has Bob included Petrus's appinjector? If so use this to create a zip of all your apps (I don't think it does paid apps). Put this somewhere safe, flash the new ROM and copy back the zip. Now use the appinjector to put the apps back.

If I'm setting up a new tab I'll copy the zip from another tab and use app injector to add all may favourite apps.
        900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Re: Best way to backup restore before/after rom flash

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
          Has Bob included Petrus's appinjector? If so use this to create a zip of all your apps (I don't think it does paid apps). Put this somewhere safe, flash the new ROM and copy back the zip. Now use the appinjector to put the apps back.

If I'm setting up a new tab I'll copy the zip from another tab and use app injector to add all may favourite apps.
          Didnt test that app yet, copy and install the app data too? Or only the apk?
          REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
          My devices:
          Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
          MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
          Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
          Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
          Gearbest.com)
          MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
          Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
          Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

It's just the apks not the data. If you want data too then try either titanium or chrome backup.
            900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Working...
            X