Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OLD MK808/MK808B/MINIX Hybryd FW V2.2.2 (25.04.2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: !NEW! MK808/MK808B/MINIX Hybryd FW V2.2.0 !NEW!(13.04.2013)

Originally posted by Midniteoyl View Post
    Ahh... didnt know. Will have to look into it farther.

Is a Antutu score of 9550+ indicative of 1.2ghz cpus? Seems high from what I read on here..
    720p are usually in those marks.
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
      This is modified Minix Neo x5 firmware with my tweaks.
      If anyone have question just ask

My website:

Beta:

MK808/MK808B
      Dev-Host V2.2.0 720p

Neo X5
      Dev-Host V2.2.0 720p

Neo G4
      Dev-Host V2.2.0 720p

Stable:

MK808:
      Dev-Host V2.1.3 480p
      Dev-Host V2.1.3 720p
      Dev-Host V2.1.3 1080p

MK808B(rk903):
      Dev-Host V2.1.3 720p
      Dev-Host V2.1.3 1080p

changelog:
      V2.2.0
      -NeoX5 +NeoG4 Support
      -based on 26.03.2013FW
      -rooted
      -build.prop changes
      -gameloft games fix
      -logitech C series webcams best suport
      -virtual touchscreen suport (apps like sixaxis can mapp touch events, degre need to be changed to -90 in sixaxis settings)
      -usb bluetooth dongle support for mk808 (working randomly)
      -new bootanimation
      -stock kernel (you can flash any other kernel but bluetooth dongle will not work anymore)
      -app space 2gb
      -more space on launcher screen
      -cifs auto mount on startup (edit /system/etc/install-recovery.sh and put there your server ip, username, etc. change permisions to rwx --- ---)
      -libstagefright.so (new for better xbmc and other players compatibility)
      -youtube for gtv
      -wallbase (tons of nice wallpapers)
      -(1080p) LCD Density 240
      -(480p) fast as hell;p for thous that dont need hd
      -added Android Tuner
      -build.prop tweaks (wi-fi, ui, and other tweaks)
      -es explorer (manage your files with best file manager, auto apk install)
      -deleted useless aps
      -fixess i dont remember;p
      -modules loaded at startup:
      btusb.ko
      xpad.ko
      md4.ko
      cifs.ko
      rtl8711.ko
      nls_utf8.ko
      tun.ko
      ath3k.ko
      hci_vhci.ko
      bfusb.ko
      bcm203x.ko
      btmrvl.ko
      btmrvl_sdio.ko
      ath.ko
      plusb.ko
      pl2303.ko
      gspca_main.ko
      gspca_sonixj.ko
      sunrpc.ko
      auth_rpcgss.ko
      lockd.ko
      r8712u.ko
      fakeinput.ko
      mcs7830.ko
      rt5370sta.ko
      rtl8192cu.ko
      cp210x.ko
      ftdi_sio.ko
      nfs.ko
      ntfs.ko
      virtual_touchscreen.ntts.ko

install:

-unpack arhive (anywhere)
      -start RKBatchTool.exe
      -put mk808 into flash mode (pres hiden buton and conect mk808 to pc, use usb otg port)
      -instal proper drivers when windows ask (drivers are in \Rockchip_Batch_Tool_v1.5\Rockchip_Batch_Tool_v1.5 \RockusbDriver)
      -when you wil see number 1 in green box selec "..." button in right top corner of RKBatchTool
      -navigate to MK808 Hybryd FW V2.1.2.img
      -pres restore button in RKBatchTool

after instal:
      thats the things to do aftrer yoy install your rom o mk808.
      -first bootup will be slower then the next one (android is setting ui)
      -after boot wait about 3-5 minutes and reboot the device
      -go to android settings>screan>scale> and slide it to the end
      -next go to settings>developer options:
      -change all animations to 0.5x

Thanks to:
      -2dark4u
      -finless bob
      -kizs
      -minix
      I was thinking get the USB wifi adaptor, could you suggest which brand of "rtl8192cu" chipset work well "plug and play without driver installation" (the kennel already inclusive rtl8192cu.ko), Or any brand as long as chipset is rtl8192cu ? Please advise, thanks

Comment

New ver. of Youtube for Google TV 1.6 in first post.
        Fixes youtube ui buttons.
        Everything is possible if we work together!
        ApkFreak

Comment

Where in the device (mk808b) do I find out if it's RK903 or MTK chipset

the build.prop shows my device as:

ro.build.description=rk30sdk-eng 4.1.1 JRO03H eng.olsen.20130117.144408
          ro.product.brand=rk30sdk
          ro.product.name=rk30sdk
          ro.product.device=rk30sdk
          ro.product.board=rk30sdk

Other issue I need to find out is how to extract ramdisk+kernel from boot.img as I need to switch the flash (4.6GB of available space) and the /mnt/external_sd (I have a 64GB sdcard). I need to do this to be able to use the external sdcard (64GB) to install apps. IN order to do that I need to modify the init.rc file that is part of the boot.img. I have tried that using the kitchen tool but for some reason it comes with the following error message:

"
          1. Android 'magic' header not found at start of boot.img
          2. Checking if it exists elsewhere ...
          3. Warning: Android header not found in boot.img (unsupported format)

(I got the boot.img with the command: 'cat /dev/block/mtdblock2 > /mnt/sdcard/boot.img')

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
          Last edited by rocketero; 04-18-2013, 18:54.

Comment

with hex editor delete firs 8 blocks of boot.img and open with 7zip tu pack you need cygwin or linux.
            if you know cygwin a litle i can send you my scripts to pack unpack boot.img.
            to swap sdcards you can edit /system/etc/vold.fstab
            ApkFreak

Comment

with hex editor delete firs 8 blocks of boot.img and open with 7zip tu pack you need cygwin or linux.
              if you know cygwin a litle i can send you my scripts to pack unpack boot.img.
              to swap sdcards you can edit /system/etc/vold.fstab
              I do appreciate if you can do that, I do know cygwin a little bit to repack the boot.img.

by deleting first 8 blocks of boot.img I could finally open it with 7zip, but still the kitchen tool is not a go as it still says an error on 'android header of the boot.img'. what scripts you have ?. the issue is that to swap sdcards is not only sufficient editing the /system/etc/vold.fstab as I already did, and still after booting It shows the same /sdcard as 4GB free, and /mnt/external_sd as the big external sdcard. the vold.fstab have these 2 lines (originals

dev_mount flash /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/virtual/mtd/mtd9/mtdblock9
              dev_mount sdcard /mnt/external_sd auto /devices/platform/rk29_sdmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0

what I did was only changing or switching the 'flash' and 'sdcard' words in those statements. or there is another change that I should do?

you can send me your swaped scripts if you have a dropbox or box.com acct or to my email samuelr2008 @ gmail.com

if you swapped the sdcards without changing the init.rk30board.rc (where it says:

on early-init
              export EXTERNAL_STORAGE /mnt/sdcard
              export SECOND_VOLUME_STORAGE /mnt/external_sd

I thought one should change those lines to read:

on early-init
              export EXTERNAL_STORAGE /mnt/external_sd

export SECOND_VOLUME_STORAGE /mnt/sdcard

Comment

ok.
                i added precompiled rkcrc.
                just "cd" with cygwin to the folder where you put the scripts, also put the "boot.img"file there
                and rename it to "bootorg.img"
                run the scripts like this:

cd <path to the folder with scripts>
                ./unpack.sh

pack it back with:
                ./pack.sh

super easy
                Attached Files
                ApkFreak

Comment

ok.
                  i added precompiled rkcrc.
                  just "cd" with cygwin to the folder where you put the scripts, also put the "boot.img"file there
                  and rename it to "bootorg.img"
                  run the scripts like this:

cd <path to the folder with scripts>
                  ./unpack.sh

pack it back with:
                  ./pack.sh

super easy
                  OK, it was very easy indeed, thanks for those scripts...., I unpacked boot.img and did the, I think, necessary changes to init.goldfish.rc and init.rk30board.rc files to make possible the swap of sdcards. I then packed the new boot.img (I was kinda surprised that the original boot.img was 16 MB in size and the new one is only 1.8 MB in size).

I used the original boot.img when unpacking it with unpack.sh as I noticed this script is configured itself to skips the first 8 bytes of the file.

But after flashing the NEW BOOT.IMG (1.8 MB in size), the MK808B device did not boot, and still doesn't boot the only thing it shows is an android robot with a red-triangle with an exclamation point. I does this in a reboot-looping.

What I was afraid that could happened it did happened, the device became unbootable.

Any way to fix it or did I loose it ?
                  Last edited by rocketero; 04-18-2013, 17:24.

Comment

Originally posted by rocketero View Post
                    OK, it was very easy indeed, thanks for those scripts...., I unpacked boot.img and did the, I think, necessary changes to init.goldfish.rc and init.rk30board.rc files to make possible the swap of sdcards. I then packed the new boot.img (I was kinda surprised that the original boot.img was 16 MB in size and the new one is only 1.8 MB in size).

I used the original boot.img when unpacking it with unpack.sh as I noticed this script is configured itself to skips the first 8 bytes of the file.

Now before I proceed forward, I want to make sure that once I flash this new boot.img image I don't make the device un-bootable or unable to access it.
                    So what tool did you use to flash the new boot.img to the device mk808b?? is it safe to use 'cat' or do you use 'boot-flash.sh' (don't recall exactly if that's the name).

Any advice here is fundamental as I don't want to loose the mk808b. thanks.
                    You can use the tool included with all Finless rom, ro flash separate each img and no need to repack all of them. The boot procces in these devices, depending what is in misc partition choose boot.img or recovery.img, if boot.img fails it will try recovery.img the next one, this is why I recommend have a usable recovery like cwm, stock recovery really can't help us if boot fails. From cwm you can restore full nandroids, or flash only boot, kernel,system,etc... From a previus backup.
                    If you dont have or you dont want cwm, you will need only to reflash the Rom. Before boot or recovery there is a bootloader who manage the New flash
                    My devices:
                    Gearbest.com)
                    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                      You can use the tool included with all Finless rom, ro flash separate each img and no need to repack all of them. The boot procces in these devices, depending what is in misc partition choose boot.img or recovery.img, if boot.img fails it will try recovery.img the next one, this is why I recommend have a usable recovery like cwm, stock recovery really can't help us if boot fails. From cwm you can restore full nandroids, or flash only boot, kernel,system,etc... From a previus backup.
                      If you dont have or you dont want cwm, you will need only to reflash the Rom. Before boot or recovery there is a bootloader who manage the New flash
                      seems like you replied to the post I was editing, as you can read the edited posted above I think my m808b has become a paper weight, not that weight that much but it's not booting.

the way I replace the original boot.img with the new one (very small one), was using the command

cat newboot.img > /dev/block/mtdblock2

after rebooting, nothing show on the screen so I unplug the power and reconnected it, that's when it showed the broken robot with the red triangle and question mark in it. and it continuously reboots showing same broken robot.

So my options are: get a USB cable and connect it to a PC and see if I can flash a ROM but I have not idea which ROM and how this is done. as the device doesn't boot into any option (recovery or normal boot), then I'll see what it does, as I just ordered the USB a male to a male cable from ****.

Second option would be to send it to the seller and hopefully I'll get a replacement device.
                      Last edited by rocketero; 04-18-2013, 18:53.

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                        720p are usually in those marks.
                        How can we tell what the CPUs are running at? Antutu shows 1.6ghz too.. 9647 is latest score..

BTW, sorry to hijack, lewey.. Maybe we should move these posts to a new thread?

Comment

just use finless tool and flash difrent boot.img
                          there is no need to send it back to reseler:"
                          give me link to your boot.img and i will look into it.
                          its easy to fix it:"
                          ApkFreak

Comment

just use finless tool and flash difrent boot.img
                            there is no need to send it back to reseler:"
                            give me link to your boot.img and i will look into it.
                            its easy to fix it:"
                            I uploaded the 2 images to my dropbox:

the bootorg.img is the original taken with command: cat /dev/block/mtdblock2 > /sdcard/bootorg.img

and the boot.img was the one created with the pack.sh script. that's the one that is right now in the device, and as it's in a boot-loop and I don't still have a USB a male to a male cable (I have a bunch of USB cables but not the right one to connect it to a PC yet).

how could I start the mk808b let's say in recovery mode? I didn't install any custom ROM or CWM ROM so it has all stock except for that new boot.img in partition mtdblock2.

I'll get the USB cable by Saturday or Monday as I ordered from ****, and as I'm semi-disabled/handicap and there are not stores nearby to get so I'll have to wait for delivering.

Meantime I'll do research on what to do next plus what you can help me out, thanks much appreciated.

Comment

You must install a custom rom now, you loose your boot, so need a pc and install any custom rom, finless Rom or lewy Rom for your device. Choose 1 of them, read the readme inside and flash it.
                              If you want to make experiments with boot or any sensible partitions I suggest first intal cwm, make a backup, and then experiment.
                              My devices:
                              Gearbest.com)

Comment

Originally posted by Midniteoyl View Post
                                How can we tell what the CPUs are running at? Antutu shows 1.6ghz too.. 9647 is latest score..

You are got the answer in my early post, but looks to you did not understand.
                                System tuner or similar tools with option CPU & Times, waste some minuts in these option.
                                By the way i thinks OC is over 1.6

Comment

Working...
                                X