Audio Player For MK808

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio Player For MK808

Which Audio Player for MK808 you use ? I love Poweramp, but I want to try some other.

PowerAmp so far.. havent really needed another

Comment

I'll ask here instead of opening another thread; I'm using PowerAMP on my mk808 but today I bought D-Link powered USB hub and now I'm finally able to connect my external 500 GB HDD and it works. But PowerAMP doesn't see it. It sees only internal memory (/sdcard). How to play music in PowerAMP from external HDD? Currently I'm using XBMC to play music from HDD but I like PowerAMP more.

Comment

I use ArmAmp.

Comment

Originally posted by samarc View Post
          I use ArmAmp.
          Take a look on the date, the topic is older But I posted my question here because there's no need for opening a new thread.

Comment

you coudn't play file on your hard disk so why don't try armamp ? it could play file on the lan , may be on a HDD to.

Comment

Sorry then, I thought that you were replying to the first post I would like to continue using PowerAMP because I like it so much. All those features, fancy themes etc. I'll try ArmAmp but so far from images it doesn't have the best looking interface I believe that Winamp and PlayerPro can access the root directory but I write a complain letter to PowerAMP devs that it's a shame for a Paid app that it can't access to root directory. I requested from them to add this possibility for mk808 in the next update or I want my money back.

Other than that, is there a way to spoof the folder location? I done something similar for the network so I was able to play music from network in PowerAMP. I "added" network location as a "folder" on a sdcard to trick PowerAMP into thinking that this is a local folder on sdcard and it worked. Now I want to do the same with external hdd.

Currently I'm using XBMC because it reads the HDD without a problem. It's even fancier with those visualisations but it's a RAM eater and I can't minimize it which is going on my nerves because I can't surf.

EDIT: tried ArmAmp. It works for browsing my HDD but media keys on my remote doesn't work. I can't live without that, sorry. My TV is off most of the time and I'm navigating only by remote. I turn it on just to change folder (or not even this because long press on next/previous does change folder in poweramp).

Comment

Not sure if it has the features you were looking for, but Digitop's "Walkman" rom includes a really clean looking Sony Walkman app which features visualizations among a few other interesting features. Strangely, I can't find it on the Play Store. There are some screenshots of it on the 4pda forum post by Digitop. I'll see if I can find somewhere to obtain it separately from the rom. (digitop's September rom doesn't include it)

Comment

Download Poweramp build-588 (or use the new 'Downloads' tab at the top of the page)Download Poweramp HD Skins build-8 NOTE: 860xxx build under Spoiler below is for Intel based devices - it brings 2x-6x reduced CPU usage and better battery life for such devices. You can install the intel optimized...

Wierd..
                  in 2012 i reported the issue.. and soon after it was fixed..
                  (i'm poweramp paid user.. i have no issue accessing my ext-hd)
                  perhaps..its a custom rom issue?
                  did you set path to 'music' inside settings?
                  in the 'poweramp' forum are 'custom' build poweramp versions.. -added link

alternative..
                  jetaudio - on some devices its great.. others a wierd crackle sound, or to much base
                  meridan - this one.. can access any location..

Cheers

Comment

As far as I know, Sony's Walkman doesn't have folder view. Other than that, it's a great player (I had Sony Xperia Z ROM on my phone so I got this player) but my 150 GB music collection is organized into folders so folder view is a must-have. I see you're trying to suggest me some other players so here are the features I need:

- folder view
                    - possibility to access all the folders on the mk808 including external storage
                    - decent audio quality (like PowerAMP) - I'm using ELE USB Audio DAC for higher-quality sound
                    - decent equalizer
                    - fancy UI (visualisations are welcome but not must-have)
                    - working media keys for next/previous/play/pause, hold next/previous for changing folder would be nice (because I use it often with TV turned off so I'm navigating only by remote)
                    - it must work in background (this is the main disadvantage of XBMC)
                    - widgets would be nice
                    - option for creating playlists
                    - queue list (like in PowerAMP) so I can listen to one folder, queue up song from another, this song comes next and after that it returns to the folder I was listening to previously

@mitchell4you: I saw somewhere that some people reported sdcard not working on some phones and PowerAMP devs fixed it by manually adding possibility to recognize their sdcard's location in next update. I assume that they solved your problem on the same way. But if you have different path for external storage than me, your solution won't work on my device.

When I go to select folders, the root folder is /mnt/sdcard and I can see all folder inside it. But there is nothing other than that. The strange thing is that I remember a few months ago that I was using my USB flash drive and that I was able to play songs from it in PowerAMP. Is it possible that there is a non-poweramp related problem? Furthermore, when I go to Settings -> Choose music folders, except /mnt/sdcard there is a message that some storages are unmounted. But I can't figure out what this means. External HDD works great in XBMC or any other player. And when I loaded song by song in poweramp using file explorer, it works too.

I use the latest stock ROM for mk808 because I can't flash any other ROM (recovery doesn't work on my device; it boots into it but my remote/mouse/keyboard doesn't respond).

Comment

Originally posted by XploD View Post
                      I use the latest stock ROM for mk808 because I can't flash any other ROM (recovery doesn't work on my device; it boots into it but my remote/mouse/keyboard doesn't respond).

I had the same problem. I think I read that the right mouse button is the select button (not positive). Since the mouse was giving me issues, I ended up using a USB keyboard. I had to reboot a lot and try alternating both the OTG port and regular USB port. Also, if neither of these work, try disconnecting all devices (except power supply), boot to CWM, THEN connect the keyboard. I wouldn't bother trying with a remote, just try a few different USB mice/keyboards and I think it will work eventually.

Comment

PowerAMP recognized my external drive !! I tried to change mount-point of my external drive but it didn't work. But after I had problems in Terminal because the name of my drive had a non-standard letter Đ, I renamed my drive. It's possible that PowerAMP had issues with this letter.

For recovery: it wasn't problem in buttons; the devices didn't work at all. They got only 5V supply (I know because I have a mouse with fancy LED lights and this LED was working but the standard red one below the mouse didn't work. And any wireless mouse/remote I tried was blinking because it couldn't detect the receiver. Unfortunately, as a laptop user, I don't have any keyboard but I'll try to borrow some. But I have another thread for this problem.
                        Last edited by XploD; 10-18-2013, 08:02.

Comment

Lots of places offer audio files for you to use. The toques para whatsapp is also quite great, right.
                          Last edited by AgnesAgnes; 03-12-2021, 04:10.

Comment

Working...
                          X