MK808B 4.2.2 Final Version given by Factory from China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK808 Non-B version, kind of bad news

OK this 4.2.2 ROM is highly unstable with wifi.
    I even ported the great running MK808B to the MK808 and still highly unstable wifi!
    So it is in the kernel for the MK808 Non-B.

You MK808 Non-B users I suggest you do not flash this ROM. I am having nothing but trouble with it.
    I am now going to play with the previous kernel from the 4.2.2 BETA and see if that works better.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Damn... same kernel from the 4.2.2 BETA ROM as this release....

So no help there.

However I will just say this. I have jacked up the antenna's on my MK808 Non-B so maybe that is the issue.
      I am seeing problems on my 1.7C MK808 ROM now with this hardware. So this is a good chance it is my problem NOT the ROM.

Anyway MK808 Non-B ROM will be out in a hour or so.

Bob

Comment

OK MK808 Non-B is now ready!

OK folks the MK808 Non-B version is now ready!

See here:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...inless-ROM-2-1

Bob

Comment

You can try kernel from geekbuying rom.
          Tantum was compiled 9 may and geekbuying 14:"
          Everything is possible if we work together!
          ApkFreak

Comment

Originally posted by SpicySaturdayBoy View Post
            Hi Geekbuying, I think something wrong with this ROM. I can not flash this ROM to my MK808B. It's FAILED during flash.
            Yeap,i found the problem, and i will re upload again,and share this stock rom with you guys.
            Looking for developers
            http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
              You can try kernel from geekbuying rom.
              Tantum was compiled 9 may and geekbuying 14:"
              Which ROM? MK808B or MK808?

Damn it... I cant believe yet another kernel....

Bob

Comment

mk808.
                for mk808b system is corupted so i cant tell:"
                Everything is possible if we work together!
                ApkFreak

Comment

Hi, I got my new MK808B last friday and it came with the rom that's on the screenshot of the 4th post, it comes rooted, has shutdown and hide status bar buttons, the CPU seems to be set for 1600mhz and 1080p resolution is available on screen settings, but I'm not sure about this last two, because on CpuStats CPU frequency is allways on 1008mhz and, on Hardware Info says the display resolution is 1280x672.

I set the resolution to 720p 60mhz, if I selected 1080p 60mhz it only upscaled the resolution, also installed SetCPU and set it to performance/1608MHz, did an Antutu benchmark after, this is the score I got:

Is this good or bad? Which setting do you recommend to use on SetCPU? I didn't nottice any overheating so far, and the only problems I notticed are regarding the wi-fi reception, the wi-fi router is about 2/3 meters and the reception most of the times is allways 1 bar from full and says 50% even when full. I also notticed it takes a long time to load the video file list (from a 2tb self powered 3.5" hdd) on MX Player, either when I'm exploring the list or when I turn on the hdd, since I plugged it directly to the MK808B (the D-Link hub I ordered hasen't arrived yet), might that be the problem? Can any of this two issues be rom/software related or are simply hardware limitations of the device itself?
                  Last edited by BrunoNRG; 05-19-2013, 15:20.

Comment

Re: MK808B 4.2.2 Final Version given by Factory from China

Originally posted by BrunoNRG View Post
                    Hi, I got my new MK808B last friday and it came with the rom that's on the screenshot of the 4th post, it comes rooted, has shutdown and hide status bar buttons, the CPU seems to be set for 1600mhz and 1080p resolution is available on screen settings, but I'm not sure about this last two, because on CpuStats CPU frequency is allways on 1008mhz and, on Hardware Info says the display resolution is 1280x672.

I set the resolution to 720p 60mhz, if I selected 1080p 60mhz it only upscaled the resolution, also installed SetCPU and set it to performance/1608MHz, did an Antutu benchmark after, this is the score I got:

Is this good or bad? Which setting do you recommend to use on SetCPU? I didn't nottice any overheating so far, and the only problems I notticed are regarding the wi-fi reception, the wi-fi router is about 2/3 meters and the reception most of the times is allways 1 bar from full and says 50% even when full. I also notticed it takes a long time to load the video file list (from a 2tb self powered 3.5" hdd) on MX Player, either when I'm exploring the list or when I turn on the hdd, since I plugged it directly to the MK808B (the D-Link hub I ordered hasen't arrived yet), might that be the problem? Can any of this two issues be rom/software related or are simply hardware limitations of the device itself?
                    It is a 720p kernel so its only reescaled so I suggest 720 in settings.
                    It is normal that reads the list spend some time in a 2tb disk.
                    WiFi antennas are usually bad in this devices, there are some mods that can help to get better signal.
                    I suggest to use ondemand.
                    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                    My devices:
                    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                    Gearbest.com)
                    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Thank you very much leolas

Sice I'm not experiencing most of the problems reported in this tread from users with the same rom, does this mean that I'm just lucky or that those problems, somehow, already come fixed in the rom I have? If that is so, how can I access recovery (assuming this rom come with recovery) to backup the rom?
                      Last edited by BrunoNRG; 05-19-2013, 19:57.

Comment

After installing this: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...App&highlight=
                        I managed to enter recovery by selecting reboot to recovery, the problem is that now I can't exit recovery... On a normal keyboard, what's supposed to be the power button? Any tips to get it to boot normaly?

Comment

To reboot only need to use mays+crtrl+del like in the pc. Sometimes the keyboard doesn't work in recovery, but thr reboot combination works always.
                          My devices:
                          Gearbest.com)
                          Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

With the stock recovered you cant backup the Rom you need cwm recovery to do that.
                            My devices:
                            Gearbest.com)

Comment

Many thanks!!!! I was starting to get worried...

To install CWM http://androtab.info/clockworkmod/rockchip/rk3066/ I just copy the renamed (MK808B_CWM.zip to update.zip) file to the root of the sd card, put it in the MK808B and choose install update, or I must do that from recovery? Also, where should I save the rom backups, in the external sd card?

Edit: I already installed the CWM, and am currently backing up the rom to the external sd card.

Is there a way to fix the screen alignment on recovery?

Comment

Originally posted by BrunoNRG View Post
                                Many thanks!!!! I was starting to get worried...

To install CWM http://androtab.info/clockworkmod/rockchip/rk3066/ I just copy the renamed (MK808B_CWM.zip to update.zip) file to the root of the sd card, put it in the MK808B and choose install update, or I must do that from recovery? Also, where should I save the rom backups, in the external sd card?

Edit: I already installed the CWM, and am currently backing up the rom to the external sd card.

Is there a way to fix the screen alignment on recovery?
                                No way to fix it, if your tv has different zoom modes you can try with them.

Once you have your backup made I suggest you try the Finless 2.1 rom, it works great.
                                My devices:
                                Gearbest.com)

Comment

Working...
                                X