• Show
Clear All

Sv: NEW - MK808 Non-B JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

Does Netflix work with this rom?

Skickat från min HTC One via Tapatalk 2

Comment

Re: NEW - MK808 Non-B JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

Originally posted by ogrekaija View Post
      I have not modified my busybox - this is on clean 2.1 ROM installation. I'm using whatever comes with Finless ROM.
      Do you use terminal emulator? Please if you use it write
      ls -l /system/xbin/
      And see if the files are sinlinked to busybox, especially run-parts.

leolas
      REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
      My devices:
      Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
      MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
      Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
      Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
      Gearbest.com)
      MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
      Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
        Do you use terminal emulator? Please if you use it write
        ls -l /system/xbin/
        And see if the files are sinlinked to busybox, especially run-parts.

leolas
        I'm running all commands from "adb shell". run-parts is symlinked to busybox (so are most of the files in xbin):
        Code:
        C:\>adb shell ls -l /system/xbin/run-parts
        lrwxrwxrwx root     shell             2011-11-26 08:22 run-parts -> busybox

Comment

Is there a way to do a completely clean flash of this?

I really appreciate all the work you are doing for us nu b's. This ROM looks great, except I cannot seem to get a good clean install. I have 2 Sain Smart MK808's and neither of them will run stable on this or just about any other ROM (except original factory). One of them will boot up, but then becomes unstable after a few minutes. The other one will boot up once. If I try to change anything it will crash, then try to reboot and always goes into a boot loop. I have tried to re-flash, but the same thing always happens. I have also flashed multiple iterations of the NAND flash (1gb, 2GB & 4GB) all with the same results.

Is there some way to completely wipe this device clean, then flash this ROM?

Also, I used the 720p image, etc., but the device boots up in 1080p after a flash, so I have to take it to another TV, boot it, change it back to 720p to get it to run on the TV I want it on. I thought it would boot to 720p with that image?

Comment

Can you wait untill monday? I need to test some stuff, and then if it works it can simplify your mass upgrade.

leolas
            Yes, sure. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanbli View Post
              I really appreciate all the work you are doing for us nu b's. This ROM looks great, except I cannot seem to get a good clean install. I have 2 Sain Smart MK808's and neither of them will run stable on this or just about any other ROM (except original factory). One of them will boot up, but then becomes unstable after a few minutes. The other one will boot up once. If I try to change anything it will crash, then try to reboot and always goes into a boot loop. I have tried to re-flash, but the same thing always happens. I have also flashed multiple iterations of the NAND flash (1gb, 2GB & 4GB) all with the same results. Is there some way to completely wipe this device clean, then flash this ROM? Also, I used the 720p image, etc., but the device boots up in 1080p after a flash, so I have to take it to another TV, boot it, change it back to 720p to get it to run on the TV I want it on. I thought it would boot to 720p with that image?
              Im having exact issues with SainSmart SS808, really unstable. Help!!

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                Im having exact issues with SainSmart SS808, really unstable. Help!!
                4.2 roms seems to be unlocked clock, so while in 4.1 the cpu clock was locked at 1,2mhz, now seems that frequency can reach 1,6. So maybe power supply or refrigeration are not enought.

leolas
                My devices:
                Gearbest.com)
                Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

4.2 roms seems to be unlocked clock, so while in 4.1 the cpu clock was locked at 1,2mhz, now seems that frequency can reach 1,6. So maybe power supply or refrigeration are not enought.

leolas
                  Thanks Leolas, so the stock power supply is insufficient with JB 4.2.2? I also have this stick strapped to a steel rod that does keep it cool to the touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanbli View Post
                    Thanks Leolas, so the stock power supply is insufficient with JB 4.2.2? I also have this stick strapped to a steel rod that does keep it cool to the touch.
                    My stock power supply was really bad, freezes and reboots in stock and customs rom, when i changed it the stick starts to run great, and wifi improved a lot too, a good PSU and usb wires makes me feel an absolutely new experience whith this devices.

leolas
                    My devices:
                    Gearbest.com)

Comment

My stock power supply was really bad, freezes and reboots in stock and customs rom, when i changed it the stick starts to run great, and wifi improved a lot too, a good PSU and usb wires makes me feel an absolutely new experience whith this devices.

leolas
                      That sounds like I should be getting a new PS! Any suggestions?

Comment

Can you wait untill monday? I need to test some stuff, and then if it works it can simplify your mass upgrade.

leolas
                        Leolas, I've created a new Thread: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...with-Apps-data
                        Things are a bit more complicated now. Thanks for your time.

Comment

My experience with Finless 2.1 rom - HDMI/TV issues

Have flashed this Finless 2.1 rom twice on my Tronsmart MK808, flash works OK - but when reboots there is no display. Used the 720p kernel/boot images each time, no changes to the Finless flash tool.

Suspecting HDMI issues, so tried two different HDMI display devices - a 720p monitor and a Toshiba 1080p TV. No display either time, monitor said 'Input out of range' and the TV just stayed with 'No signal'. The MK808 had it's blue light on and appears to boot normally.

Have re-flashed back to Finless 1.7c, and either display device works perfectly. Guess I'll be staying with 1.7c (4.1.1) for a while.....

That's rather disappointing, as it means I don't have a display that will recognize and boot up with 4.2.2.

Seems like Geekbuying and the stick manufacturers should be working to fix this. If I should want to purchase a new stick (with 4.2.x), I'd have to buy a new TV !! That's not right -- hope this can get fixed. Just my 2 cents...

Thanks to Finless for great roms , and to this forum for educating me!!!

Comment

What I have found or at least in theory is 4.2.2 implements DRM (Digital Rights Management). If your TV does not have this then the stick will not communicate with your TV or device. The idea is to keep you from being able to illegally record digital signals between a output device and a input device UNLESS it supports DRM.

So I think the MANY PEOPLE that have reported no HDMI output with 4.2.2 ROMs, this is the reason why.

One fix seems to be to put a device in-between the stick and the TV that supports DRM. Some TV switches seems to support this. Some do not. There have been quite a few posts now about 4.2.2 and putting a switch between the TV fixed this issue.

Bob
                            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                              What I have found or at least in theory is 4.2.2 implements DRM (Digital Rights Management). If your TV does not have this then the stick will not communicate with your TV or device. The idea is to keep you from being able to illegally record digital signals between a output device and a input device UNLESS it supports DRM.

So I think the MANY PEOPLE that have reported no HDMI output with 4.2.2 ROMs, this is the reason why.

One fix seems to be to put a device in-between the stick and the TV that supports DRM. Some TV switches seems to support this. Some do not. There have been quite a few posts now about 4.2.2 and putting a switch between the TV fixed this issue.

Bob
                              Thanks for the reply, Bob.

I had read in other threads that an HDMI switch might resolve the display issue. I do have a switch behind my family room entertainment center, just too lazy so far to dig it out and re-try your 2.1 rom.

1.7c works very well for me!!

Comment

wireless xbox controller

Hello Bob
                                Ive sucessfully flashed your rome and thanks for your work. U have said u have put the xpad kernals im the rom although im new to all this and fully understand it all but im assuming the spinning axis should have been fixed. The controller works as far as I can tell but in dead trigger game the axis just spins. This happened on the 1.7 ROM and I tried to fix it using guide without sucess'
                                . i thought this rom had issue fixed.thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X