Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wifi on Finless 2.1

Hey there Bob or anyone else
    Any thoughts on wifi signal when comparing 2.1 to 1.7? Some seem to think that 1.7 has a better wifi signal. Seems my sticks are having a hard time pulling in good connections on 2.1. It looks like the ROM sets wifi strength at 50% unless I'm missing something. Is that the power dedicated to the wifi antenna? If so can it be increased somehow and would that help?

Thanks!

Comment

Partition table?

First of all; thank you bob for amazing work with these ROM:s!
      Now my request and question.
      Can there be an alternative to have all the space for apps (100%) (accept for the system partition offcourse) and mount the first partition of the inserted SD-card as /mnt/sdcard ?

I don't se why that should me a problem as phones ( and derivates?) have work that way before. A reason for why I whant it that way is becuse many applications work with the /mnt/sdcard and can't do it with /mnt/sd-ext etc.

Thank you in advance!
      Sincerely //Anton Kassman

Ps. I apologize for my possibly bad spelling and poor grammar. Don't be afraid to ask if it is hard to understand. Ds.

Comment

Can Finless ROM 2.1 boot Picuntu?

I have been using Finless ROM 1.7 with oledk0 recovery image for picuntu with no problem. However, recently, I flashed Finless ROM 2.1 then oledk0 recover image. I cannot boot into Picuntu any more. it always give me the Android system recovery menu. Is this normal? Is there anyway I can use Finless ROM 2.1 with Picuntu?

Comment

PC will not recgonise device

Hi, having a nightmare here. Can I check that to flash the ROM you are just supposed to connect the device to the PC from the OTG port to the PC's USB, with no other attachments? I've tried this on two PCs and the ROM Flash tool does not find a device. I've clicked "Connect to computer" on the device's settings and also made sure that USB debugging is unclicked. Should this be working?

Comment

Re: NEW - MK808 Non-B JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

Hi Bob,

Just wanted to say thanks for the ROM. The detailed instructions in the read me made it amazingly easy to flash and it works really well.

Keep up the good work!!!

Sent from my awesome fridge using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by triplesilk View Post
              Hi, having a nightmare here. Can I check that to flash the ROM you are just supposed to connect the device to the PC from the OTG port to the PC's USB, with no other attachments? I've tried this on two PCs and the ROM Flash tool does not find a device. I've clicked "Connect to computer" on the device's settings and also made sure that USB debugging is unclicked. Should this be working?
              Use the flash tool from his finless 1.7 ROM instead

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet using Tapatalk 2

Comment

cant connect to my wifi

Just a quick question. Everything seems to work fine with the rom. Problem is i cant connect to my personal WiFi. I was on Finless 1.7 and it worked fine before flashing 2.1 I can see my network on the device fine. I put in my WEP and it says connecting for like 5 seconds then doesnt connect.

Comment

I have a Tronsmart MK808 that I just received from GeekBuying.com.

Netflix doesn't work with the stock Android 4.2.2 on it.

I've tried to flash with both Geekbuying's new ROM solution and Finless 1.7....however, in both cases, the MK808 stick is not being 'found' in the Flash tool even though it is recognized and found under Windows 7 Device Manager.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Perhaps one missing step, is that I haven't been able to find where in the Settings to turn USB storage ON??? The closest thing I've found is a USB --> Connect to PC setting but I don't think that's what is required.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Comment

Originally posted by drtse View Post
                    I have a Tronsmart MK808 that I just received from GeekBuying.com.

Netflix doesn't work with the stock Android 4.2.2 on it.

I've tried to flash with both Geekbuying's new ROM solution and Finless 1.7....however, in both cases, the MK808 stick is not being 'found' in the Flash tool even though it is recognized and found under Windows 7 Device Manager.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Perhaps one missing step, is that I haven't been able to find where in the Settings to turn USB storage ON??? The closest thing I've found is a USB --> Connect to PC setting but I don't think that's what is required.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!
                    In 4.2 rom this option disappear.

Try to push the reset button while you insert the usb wire in the OTG PORT. If the device is not found, uninstall the driver in windows and install it again

leolas
                    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                    My devices:
                    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                    Gearbest.com)
                    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                      In 4.2 rom this option disappear.

Try to push the reset button while you insert the usb wire in the OTG PORT. If the device is not found, uninstall the driver in windows and install it again

leolas
                      Thx leolas....I have already tried that. Anything else I can look at doing? It is odd that it is recognized in Windows Device Manager but the ROM Flash tool does not see it.

Comment

Originally posted by drtse View Post
                        Thx leolas....I have already tried that. Anything else I can look at doing? It is odd that it is recognized in Windows Device Manager but the ROM Flash tool does not see it.
                        Have you tried from another pc or using the flash tool gui for linux?
                        Of course tied a different usb port in the pc and different usb wire if you didnt try it yet.

leolas
                        REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                        My devices:
                        Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                        MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                        Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                        Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                        Gearbest.com)
                        MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                        Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Different mount of SD-card and >1 Xbox 360 controller.

First of all; thank you Bob and leolas for amazing work with these ROM:s!
                          Now my question / request.
                          Can there be an alternative to have all the space for apps (100%) (accept for the system partition offcourse) and mount the first partition of the inserted SD-card as /mnt/sdcard ?

I don't se why that should me a problem as phones ( and derivates?) have work that way before. A reason for why I whant it that way is becuse many applications work with the /mnt/sdcard and can't do it with /mnt/sd-ext etc.

My second question (witch I have search for without finding a satifactory answer): Can I and if so; how do I use 2 wireless Xbox 360 controllers or more at the same time?

Thank you in advance!
                          Sincerely //Anton Kassman

Ps. I apologize for my possibly bad spelling and poor grammar. Don't be afraid to ask if it is hard to understand. Ds.

Comment

usb wifi - tplink TL-ANT2408CL

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                            I will try, My device uses the same driver, and its work but using wext instead of nl80211, so changes to boot.img are needed, I am tryying in the last few days compile a new driver with 08211 support to make the device easy to install, i will tell you if i get it works well, If not i mill mod your boot.img and tell you the instructions to make it work.
                            Hi Leolas,

I have been searching for a while to find a solution to get my USB WIFI (TL-ANT2408CL) working. After upgrading to 4.2.2 (finless rom 2.1) I cannot get it working again. You mentioned trying to compile a new rkwifi.ko file. So I was wondering If you had any luck?

Iede

Comment

Sv: NEW - MK808 Non-B JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

Hi there! Does this rom support NFS mounts for my NAS? On 1.7c only cifs work for me, but that's too slow over wifi for my 1080 mp4:s that i shoot with my smartphone.

Skickat från min HTC One via Tapatalk 2

Comment

Is there already a solution forum the wifi problem? I flashed ik twice. When I click on wifi on it crashes andere won't boot up anymore.. What to do?

Comment

Working...
                                X