MK808 Non-B JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello folks, i have a question on the USB Ethernet adapter

i first bought the blue chinese adapter, wich gave me max 6 Mb/s on both PC and on my MK808

so i went out and bought the white one without CD on other site, got it in today with the ASIX AX88x72A chipset to be exactly

First few runs on MK808 gave me 40Mb/s, after that it wont go higher then 6 Mb/s

if i connect it to pc i max out @ 63Mb/s on my internet line.

Could this be a driverproblem in the Finless 2.1 rom ?

Also i ordered a new player yesterday with Geekbuying, the K-R42 Quad Core as a replacement for the MK808 (The mk808 has to come in the bedroom on the flatscreen) hoping that will fullfill my needs better in the livingroom
    Home Cinema Setup Livingroom:
    50" Panasonic Plasma - CS-X806 (s802 1gb/8gb) with Mele F10 on OpenElec 5.0.3 with Kodi - Pioneer Receiver - JBL Surround System - 4TB NAS

Bedroom Media Setup:
    32" Philips LCD -
    KR-42 wasser rom

Comment

It would seem plex doesn't work worth a damn with the 4.2.2 versions of the firmware but works normaly with 4.1.
      What was the change that through a wrench into it i wonder.
      Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

Nevermind, my problem seems to be fixed somehow

runs smooth now
        Home Cinema Setup Livingroom:
        50" Panasonic Plasma - CS-X806 (s802 1gb/8gb) with Mele F10 on OpenElec 5.0.3 with Kodi - Pioneer Receiver - JBL Surround System - 4TB NAS

Bedroom Media Setup:
        32" Philips LCD -
        KR-42 wasser rom

Comment

Is there a way to downgrade to finless 1.7c?
          Don't get me wrong, 2.1 is great, but Netflix is 90% of what I use my MK808 for...
          I tried the flash tool that came with finless 1.7c but it don't find my MK808...

P.S. Sorry for my poor english, i'm from Brasil :P

Comment

Re: NEW - MK808 Non-B JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

Originally posted by iede010 View Post
            Hi Leolas,

I have been searching for a while to find a solution to get my USB WIFI (TL-ANT2408CL) working. After upgrading to 4.2.2 (finless rom 2.1) I cannot get it working again. You mentioned trying to compile a new rkwifi.ko file. So I was wondering If you had any luck?

Iede
            Sorry, but I have some family problems and I can't acces to pc for now, and for some time i will not. I have the drivers thread abandoned, when I get some free time with the pc I will retake that work.

Originally posted by dangerousp View Post
            Is there already a solution forum the wifi problem? I flashed ik twice. When I click on wifi on it crashes andere won't boot up anymore.. What to do?
            Of course, you can downgrade in the same way that you upgraded.

leolas
            REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
            My devices:
            Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
            MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
            Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
            Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
            Gearbest.com)
            MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
            Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
            Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Downgrade worked like a charm! I used finless 2.1 flash tool and replaced the finless rom files with the ones on the 1.7c

Thanks! o/

Comment

thanks

thank you finless 我来自中国

Comment

2.1 great - except for Netflix

I much prefer the Finless 2.1 rom to all the others I tried including the one from geekbuying It's true that Netflix works with that ROM but my dhcp videos lag, stutter or don't work at all. With Finless 2.1 dhcp consumption works great.
                  Is there anyway to isolate what it is about Geekbuyings rom that allows Netflix to work? Kernel? Library? or?

Thanks,
                  Richard

Comment

Used the finless 2.1 and I had issues with google play worked at first then just kept saying "No Connection", "Retry", I flashed again and agin worked for a while then same issue! - I noticed the google play update in the downloaded apps which must have been automatically downloaded so un-installed it and google play worked once again, this morning same issue uninstallled google play update but didnt solve the problem, had same issue with youtube appworking then not, also going through the browser I started getting bad certificate for all the sites, google, youtube, google play etc..

Normal ? this happening to anyone else ?

Ill try another ROM see if I get the same issues.

Comment

switch the date on your setting and goggle play will work

Originally posted by toc View Post
                      Used the finless 2.1 and I had issues with google play worked at first then just kept saying "No Connection", "Retry", I flashed again and agin worked for a while then same issue! - I noticed the google play update in the downloaded apps which must have been automatically downloaded so un-installed it and google play worked once again, this morning same issue uninstallled google play update but didnt solve the problem, had same issue with youtube appworking then not, also going through the browser I started getting bad certificate for all the sites, google, youtube, google play etc..

Normal ? this happening to anyone else ?

Ill try another ROM see if I get the same issues.
                      Try to change the date and time on your setting and google play will work

Comment

Originally posted by 00tjonez View Post
                        Try to change the date and time on your setting and google play will work
                        I was having the exact same problem, it would only connect to Google's servers the first time. All fixed now! Thanks!

Comment

issue with time and watchever

Hi there!
                          first of all: great job on this rom and many thanks for it!
                          i flashed my mk808 and a lot of things run quite smoothly - im still checking the possibilities. Anyways, i cant seem to set the right time. on "auto", its always 2 hours too late, an manual settings, it doesnt remember the time after reboot.
                          one more thing. did anyone get the app watchever (with rootchecker;( ) running? there were some tutorials about unrooting the device. - but i kinda need root to play around

Sebas

Comment

Ethernet settings are not saved

Hello,

Great job on the ROM. I bought myself a USB ethernet adapter and I can turn the ethernet connection on, configure my static IP address but it never gets changed or updated. When I leave the settings and look back it still says 0.0.0.0 for all the addresses (gateway, ip, netmask) instead of my configured values.

How can I force this?

Thanks!

Comment

I just got the dongle mk808. It has 4.1.1.

Over all, in general, which finless rom is the best (fast & stable) 1.7c or 2.1?

About the resolution choice on 2.1, 1080 is ok or there is any problem and better to use 720?

Thank you.

Update: While i am waiting for an answer, I pluged the device to pc from otg port. Powered up, but nothing on pc about new device!!!!

Comment

Re: NEW - MK808 Non-B JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

Originally posted by netswim View Post
                                I just got the dongle mk808. It has 4.1.1.

Over all, in general, which finless rom is the best (fast & stable) 1.7c or 2.1?

About the resolution choice on 2.1, 1080 is ok or there is any problem and better to use 720?

Thank you.

Update: While i am waiting for an answer, I pluged the device to pc from otg port. Powered up, but nothing on pc about new device!!!!
                                you must go to settings> developer part and disable USB DEBUGGING if enabled, then go to USB connect or something "like"and check the connect to pc box. Then it will be recognized by your PC. You'll see it if you go to device manager , it shows up as mk808. Then follow instructions (README.txt) provided in every finless ROM .zip package

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
                                X