MK808 Non-B JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Veronica View Post
    you must go to settings> developer part and disable USB DEBUGGING if enabled, then go to USB connect or something "like"and check the connect to pc box. Then it will be recognized by your PC. You'll see it if you go to device manager , it shows up as mk808. Then follow instructions (README.txt) provided in every finless ROM .zip package

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Thank you, but I did check connect to pc but then when I unplug the power and go to my pc nothing is happening.
    Then I checked the USB connect to pc and was unchecked. I did it 3 times and not keep the check after power off. (Tell me, is there any other way to power off instead to pull out the power plug?)

Comment

Re: NEW - MK808 Non-B JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

Originally posted by netswim View Post
      Thank you, but I did check connect to pc but then when I unplug the power and go to my pc nothing is happening.
      Then I checked the USB connect to pc and was unchecked. I did it 3 times and not keep the check after power off. (Tell me, is there any other way to power off instead to pull out the power plug?)
      Wow I got lost. What is exactly that you want to accomplish? To power off your mk808 or mk808b just go to display then check force status bar to show or something like that because it is in the status bar where the shutdown button is displayed. Now if you don't want status bar to show then just use Rebooter app included in ROM if not there then download it from Google play. That will give you options to reboot and shutdown your device.
      Now if what you want is that your device gets recognized by your PC then do what I told you in other post but DO NOT unplug the USB cable just leave it connected, otherwise how do you expect to be a connection, recognition if you unplug the cable eh? duh lol

Comment

Wow I got lost. What is exactly that you want to accomplish? To power off your mk808 or mk808b just go to display then check force status bar to show or something like that because it is in the status bar where the shutdown button is displayed. Now if you don't want status bar to show then just use Rebooter app included in ROM if not there then download it from Google play. That will give you options to reboot and shutdown your device.
        Now if what you want is that your device gets recognized by your PC then do what I told you in other post but DO NOT unplug the USB cable just leave it connected, otherwise how do you expect to be a connection, recognition if you unplug the cable eh? duh lol

The only thing on Display (Settings) is Font size, I tried some apps for shutdown but no one working.
        I have stock rom 4.1.1

About USB connection, on Readme txt says that the only connection I need is from OTG not the normal micro USB. What do you mean do not unplug the usb cable. You mean I have to connect Usb to power and OTG to pc?

Comment

The only thing on Display (Settings) is Font size, I tried some apps for shutdown but no one working.
          I have stock rom 4.1.1

About USB connection, on Readme txt says that the only connection I need is from OTG not the normal micro USB. What do you mean do not unplug the usb cable. You mean I have to connect Usb to power and OTG to pc?

If you are in stock ROM you need to flash a custom ROM. I'm on finless 1.7 and those are the options I get within display setting.

Later I'll make a video tutorial explaining all this well. For now you need to read the readme.txt provided in finless ROM packages.

About the cable you must connect it from OTG port to USB PC port. Then do what I told you in the first post.

NOTE: Before anything first make sure if your device is a mk808 or mk808b and not a CLONE. There is a sticky about that on how to identify them

Comment

If you are in stock ROM you need to flash a custom ROM. I'm on finless 1.7 and those are the options I get within display setting.

Later I'll make a video tutorial explaining all this well. For now you need to read the readme.txt provided in finless ROM packages.

About the cable you must connect it from OTG port to USB PC port. Then do what I told you in the first post.

You are on finless 1.7...OK How can I go to Finless? I dont have your kind of settings on Display, only font size
            Without this option how to shutdown the device, I can't keep the USB connect to PC Option.

So now I am stucked on stock rom. I cant connect to pc!!!!

Think about it please!!!!! Step by Step, because if step 1 is connect to pc, it doesn't work for me.

Thank you

Comment

You are on finless 1.7...OK How can I go to Finless? I dont have your kind of settings on Display, only font size
              Without this option how to shutdown the device, I can't keep the USB connect to PC Option.

So now I am stucked on stock rom. I cant connect to pc!!!!

Think about it please!!!!! Step by Step, because if step 1 is connect to pc, it doesn't work for me.

Thank you
              Wait I'll I make the video and upload it. Don't worry

Comment

Wait I'll I make the video and upload it. Don't worry

Thank you very much.
                Please on video you have to show tutorial from STOCK ROM without shutdown option!!!

Comment

Thank you very much.
                  Please on video you have to show tutorial from STOCK ROM without shutdown option!!!
                  You will have the shutdown option once in the custom ROM. To flash you don't have to worry about that option. The trick is in the connection. I checked by default is in MTP and it must be changed to mass storage in order to PC recognize the device, install drivers and then get into flash mode to start flashing.

For now I'll post a photo of what you need to change quickly if you don't want to wait for the video.

Then you can go ahead and settings> USB> connect to pc

Last edited by Veronica; 08-10-2013, 02:12.

Comment

You will have the shutdown option once in the custom ROM. To flash you don't have to worry about that option. The trick is in the connection. I checked by default is in MTP and it must be changed to mass storage in order to PC recognize the device, install drivers and then get into flash mode to start flashing.

For now I'll post a photo of what you need to change quickly if you don't want to wait for the video.

Then you can go ahead and settings> USB> connect to pc

I did what you said, but nothing. I chacnged to mass storage and then checked the "connect to pc". Nothing.
                    I reconect to tv and "connect to tv" is unchecked again!!!

Comment

I did what you said, but nothing. I chacnged to mass storage and then checked the "connect to pc". Nothing.
                      I reconect to tv and "connect to tv" is unchecked again!!!
                      Watch "[HOW-TO] Flash a Custom ROM from Stock Factory ROM in the MK808/B" on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mDF...e_gdata_player

Comment

Watch "[HOW-TO] Flash a Custom ROM from Stock Factory ROM in the MK808/B" on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mDF...e_gdata_player

Great! Thank you.
                        The thing I didn't know was that without power, only with otg, I can connect to tv at the same time to do the trick.
                        Thank you

What do you thing is better 1.7 or 2.1? fast and stable

Comment

Great! Thank you.
                          The thing I didn't know was that without power, only with otg, I can connect to tv at the same time to do the trick.
                          Thank you

What do you thing is better 1.7 or 2.1? fast and stable
                          I like 1.7 that's what use not for too long though because I'm experimenting building for mk808 and other devices but I think I will focus on building modules that are missing, let's see how that goes.

Comment

Any progress on this rom? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by iHero96 View Post
                              Any progress on this rom? Thanks
                              what progress are you looking for?

Comment

Performance update, the Finless 1.7 has better wifi driver and better performance.

Comment

Working...
                                X