Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T68 View Post
    Hi Bob!
    Have you seen this? Apparently the guys over at Geekbuying are onto a fix for the Netflix problem on 4.2.2:

Hi guys: This is the Newest Android 4.2 firmware for the Geekbuying MK808, it fixed the Netflix scrambled problem. we have tested, and yes, it fixed. Please notice, this is just working with Geekbuying sold MK808!! Flash this on the copied MK808,you will lose your wifi, be careful!! ok, here we go: Firmware download link […]

Skickat från min HTC One via Tapatalk 2
    Hello! Somebody has any update about this issue?
    Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by leowys View Post
      Hello! Somebody has any update about this issue?
      Thanks!
      It is fixed in the latest stock roms, but not in finless 2.1.

Comment

Originally posted by phinc View Post
        It is fixed in the latest stock roms, but not in finless 2.1.
        Thanks Phinc! I think i will flash to the stock version because Netflix is the 90% use of this for me. The process to flash to stock rom is the same used to flash finless?
        Thanks.

Comment

do these kernels work with this rom?http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...rnels-Released
          I attempted to install this kernel with this rom at the same time on the mk808, previously it had the firmware shipped from the factory, for the install kernels, it said not to erase idb but this rom says to erase it, was i not supposed to install both at the same time? the first time it flashed fine but when it rebooted it just said unsupported format and turned off, then i tried to reflash but when checking the install it would fail, i think i got it to flash again with a 720p kernel from the overclocked kernel and the 1.7c finless rom when it rebooted recovery just popped up and said formatting data and didn't go beyond that point. does anyone have any insight?

Comment

Flash any rom with its original kernel. Always erase idb before flashing a new rom.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Flash any rom with its original kernel. Always erase idb before flashing a new rom.

ok so i flash the kernel supplied with this rom, then once that is complete i just flash the other overclocked kernel without erasing idb and that should work?
              Last edited by Ry024; 01-17-2014, 14:30.

Comment

Erase idb, flash the entire rom with stock kernel, see if it boots, then try to flash the patched kernels without erasing idb.

Comment

Erase idb, flash the entire rom with stock kernel, see if it boots, then try to flash the patched kernels without erasing idb.

Ok, I erased the idb and flashed the rom and stock kernel with it, It completed the flash. but when it goes to reboot, it just brings up recovery system v4.1 and says formatting /data and just sits there, I've let it sit on that screen for about 20 minutes but it doesn't seem to be going beyond that point.

Comment

Originally posted by flynreelow View Post
                    Been out of the game for a while, but looks like this is going to be a killer rom.

What did we find out about Dolby digital and DTS passthrough though HDMI?

Possible, not possible, in the works?

LMK

Thanks
                    Hello, I'm also very interested in audio passthrough. I've seen that it's added in Finless 1.3 for MX5 wich also has RK3066, wouldn't it be possible to achieve with MK808 devices?, are you working on it?. Thank you very much.

Comment

camera usb don't work

He,
                      I'm nob on TV stick.
                      I've heard that the logitech HD C270 works well with MK808. I've specially bouth one for this.

But it doesn't work.

USB camera test app says disconnected even when connected to OTG port or to a powered usb switch.

Is there a solution to make it work ?

Thanks for replay

Comment

TV doesn't support format

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                        I wish I know why this is true on 4.2.2

This is something that needs to be fixed by ALL TV stick makers or the amount of returned products will grow leaps and bounds as 4.2.2 becomes the standard ROM these ship with.

It might be something with EDID setting interlaced or progressive output?
                        It might be some format change that some TV cant support?
                        Other possibilities why?

Someone with TV equipment that can analyze the output needs to look at this. I am sure it can be fixed but until we know what it is, it's a guessing game!

Only thing I might ask you guys with this problem is try playing with your TV settings. Also if you have a HDMI switch or something, try going through that. Some of them may normalize the signals.

Bob
                        Bought the MK808 from geekbuying with 4.2.2 already stock. When I plugged it in with the stock ROM, it booted up no problem. I tried flashing this ROM to removed all the bloatware with 720p or 1080p kernel/boot, and both were not supported by the TV.
                        Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-s View Post
                          Bought the MK808 from geekbuying with 4.2.2 already stock. When I plugged it in with the stock ROM, it booted up no problem. I tried flashing this ROM to removed all the bloatware with 720p or 1080p kernel/boot, and both were not supported by the TV.
                          Any suggestions?

Thanks.

May we know the manufacturer and resolution of your TV ?

losl

Comment

It's a Sharp Aquos. I don't remember the model #

but it is 6-7 years old. HD ready 42".
                            The dongle is not connected directly to the TV, it goes thru an HDMI switch. before flashing the ROM the TV had no problem with the stick.

Comment

The Finless 2.1 ROM defaults to 1080p display (even when you flash the 720p files).

Thus you need to boot on a TV that will handle 1080p display. Accomplish that, and you can change to 720p in settings and then go back to your TV and it will likely work.

Suspect your older TV only supports 720p.

Comment

The TV supports 1080p & 1080i

even though it is only HD ready.

Comment

Working...
                                X