MK808 Non-B JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
    A 6Mbps connection is just barely good enough for a 720p show/movie... if it drops down just a little ( which is likely ) it could explain the stuttering. Using a different player won't help much in that situation if I'm correct.
    yes i think.u r correct rdsok.. bandwidth is the bottleneck in my situation.. thank u for your help

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord1981 View Post
      yes i think.u r correct rdsok.. bandwidth is the bottleneck in my situation.. thank u for your help
      You may want to try to improve your internet connection a little if you are using WiFi to connect to it.

First... get a WiFi util that shows you the signal strength so you can see if you are making any difference. If you use a 2.4Ghz wireless or BT controller ( ie mouse/kb etc ) and have it plugged directly into your MK808... get an USB extension cable and use that to get it away from your WiFi antenna. If you use a cordless telephone... make certain they are a good distance from your device as well as the wireless router. Make certain your wireless router is at least 6 foot ( 2 meters ) from your device... having it too close is as bad as having it too far away, it overdrives the signal making it "noisy". Other electronics that are too close to your device or router can also affect it... including standard household fans.... so keep other electronics well enough away.

If any of that applied to your situation... test again after correcting it to see if you have a better connection to your wifi router... if you do it may be enough to help a little bit.

Comment

You may want to try to improve your internet connection a little if you are using WiFi to connect to it.

First... get a WiFi util that shows you the signal strength so you can see if you are making any difference. If you use a 2.4Ghz wireless or BT controller ( ie mouse/kb etc ) and have it plugged directly into your MK808... get an USB extension cable and use that to get it away from your WiFi antenna. If you use a cordless telephone... make certain they are a good distance from your device as well as the wireless router. Make certain your wireless router is at least 6 foot ( 2 meters ) from your device... having it too close is as bad as having it too far away, it overdrives the signal making it "noisy". Other electronics that are too close to your device or router can also affect it... including standard household fans.... so keep other electronics well enough away.

If any of that applied to your situation... test again after correcting it to see if you have a better connection to your wifi router... if you do it may be enough to help a little bit.
        thank u very much rdsok. however im using usb-to-eth to connect to my router

Comment

rdsok u use this rom? finless 2.1? have u done overclocking or any additonal tweaks? it seems to me that its not my bandwidth..because on my pc and my samsung galaxy s4 the same movies from the same repo play without a single stuttering..

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord1981 View Post
            rdsok u use this rom? finless 2.1? have u done overclocking or any additonal tweaks? it seems to me that its not my bandwidth..because on my pc and my samsung galaxy s4 the same movies from the same repo play without a single stuttering..
            No... I'm now using a NEO x7 which is a RK3188 Quad core. My RK3066 is a fake/clone and I only have limited choices on what ROM I use... Finless didn't make a compatible kernel for my RK3066 device. Since I got the quad core, I loaned my dual core to a friend to play with... like you he has a slower internet ( seems odd to call 6Mbps as slow... lol ) speed which has given him problems as well while it worked fine at my place.

I will refer you back to my suggestion to test your internet download speeds... since the Galaxy is also an Android, use that for comparison. The PC will always have a better speed than an Android ( at this time ) so it can only be used to see what the max your internet is capable of but not a fair comparison itself. To make the test with the Galaxy valid... you must disable your 3G/4G connection ( cell phone ) and connect to a local WiFi router... if you can't do that, it isn't worth the comparison as much... The internet test on the device is still recommended so you can see the speed and then if you do make changes have a comparison that is valid.

OC'ing has more benefits for gamer's than it does for streaming video once the media players started using hardware acceleration like that found in Beyond XBMC and other modded forms of XBMC. The same holds true with other players that are capable of hardware acceleration such as MX Player ( if it's settings are correct for it ). OC'ing was only helping us when we were using software acceleration only.

The proof of this was seen when you didn't have trouble playing those 1080p vids that are local... but you saw stuttering when it was streamed from the internet. No amount of CPU power can "fix" your bottleneck on the internet connection.

OC'ing does have it's own benefits, but it also has drawbacks so I use it judicially. Instability, overheating and shorting the potential lifespan are the main drawbacks, some of which can be offset by extra cooling... some not. I judge it myself by the overall performance I see in the apps I use commonly... if they lag too often, I may want to bump up the ram speed a bit and then if that doesn't address it, I may consider bumping up the CPU speed also. If at any time after I've OC'd something I start getting reboots or freezes... I know I've gone too far for the hardware I've got and back it off some.

Comment

No... I'm now using a NEO x7 which is a RK3188 Quad core. My RK3066 is a fake/clone and I only have limited choices on what ROM I use... Finless didn't make a compatible kernel for my RK3066 device. Since I got the quad core, I loaned my dual core to a friend to play with... like you he has a slower internet ( seems odd to call 6Mbps as slow... lol ) speed which has given him problems as well while it worked fine at my place.

I will refer you back to my suggestion to test your internet download speeds... since the Galaxy is also an Android, use that for comparison. The PC will always have a better speed than an Android ( at this time ) so it can only be used to see what the max your internet is capable of but not a fair comparison itself. To make the test with the Galaxy valid... you must disable your 3G/4G connection ( cell phone ) and connect to a local WiFi router... if you can't do that, it isn't worth the comparison as much... The internet test on the device is still recommended so you can see the speed and then if you do make changes have a comparison that is valid.

OC'ing has more benefits for gamer's than it does for streaming video once the media players started using hardware acceleration like that found in Beyond XBMC and other modded forms of XBMC. The same holds true with other players that are capable of hardware acceleration such as MX Player ( if it's settings are correct for it ). OC'ing was only helping us when we were using software acceleration only.

The proof of this was seen when you didn't have trouble playing those 1080p vids that are local... but you saw stuttering when it was streamed from the internet. No amount of CPU power can "fix" your bottleneck on the internet connection.

OC'ing does have it's own benefits, but it also has drawbacks so I use it judicially. Instability, overheating and shorting the potential lifespan are the main drawbacks, some of which can be offset by extra cooling... some not. I judge it myself by the overall performance I see in the apps I use commonly... if they lag too often, I may want to bump up the ram speed a bit and then if that doesn't address it, I may consider bumping up the CPU speed also. If at any time after I've OC'd something I start getting reboots or freezes... I know I've gone too far for the hardware I've got and back it off some.
              thank u rdsok for your valuable info! ill investigate the matter tonight that i will have more time

Comment

Hello! Anybody can help with step by step installation (or video, or link) from Finless 2.1 to Stock 4.2.2 in MK808 non B? I've been using Finless and it's great! But the NETFLIX issue it's crutial for me because my use of the MK808 it's 80% NETFLIX...

Thank you very much!

Comment

Can i use the finless ROM FLASH TOOL but changing the Finless system.img with the stock 4.2.2 img?
                  Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by leowys View Post
                    Can i use the finless ROM FLASH TOOL but changing the Finless system.img with the stock 4.2.2 img?
                    Thanks!
                    If the stock ROM is a single IMG file... no, you need to use the RKBatchTool instead... I think the latest version is 1.7... If it isn't included with the ROM as mine was before I moved onto a RK3188 device... I suspect you can find it with a search

It's pretty simple if I recall ( verify this, but I think I remember it correctly )... download and extract the utility... When you run it, it should detect your device if you had connected properly using the reset button. Click the "..." button and browse to your IMG file you had extracted to select it... click the Update button on the bottom. The drivers you had to install for the Finless ROM will work fine as long as you had followed the instructions to install them properly.

Comment

If the stock ROM is a single IMG file... no, you need to use the RKBatchTool instead... I think the latest version is 1.7... If it isn't included with the ROM as mine was before I moved onto a RK3188 device... I suspect you can find it with a search

It's pretty simple if I recall ( verify this, but I think I remember it correctly )... download and extract the utility... When you run it, it should detect your device if you had connected properly using the reset button. Click the "..." button and browse to your IMG file you had extracted to select it... click the Update button on the bottom. The drivers you had to install for the Finless ROM will work fine as long as you had followed the instructions to install them properly.
                      Thanks! The problem is Rockchip Batch Tool doesn't see the MK808 and Finless ROM flash tool see it! Dont know why RBT doesnt see the MK808, the drivers are ok so FINLESS ROM TOOL see it...

Dont know what to do....

Comment

What if unchecked all items in FINLESS ROM TOOL except the number 7 and change the .img with the stock 4.2.2 .img? Will it work?

Comment

What if unchecked all items in FINLESS ROM TOOL except the number 7 and change the .img with the stock 4.2.2 .img? Will it work?
                          Rewording the question doesn't change the answer I gave before... no it isn't made to work with that type of image file.

If RKBatchTool isn't seeing the device... I suspect you missed a driver installation or you didn't click and hold the reset button down while plugging in the device ... or maybe you didn't plug into the OTG port... something along those lines.

Comment

Rewording the question doesn't change the answer I gave before... no it isn't made to work with that type of image file.

If RKBatchTool isn't seeing the device... I suspect you missed a driver installation or you didn't click and hold the reset button down while plugging in the device ... or maybe you didn't plug into the OTG port... something along those lines.
                            You're right, that way will never work... i will check what's wrong with the drivers....
                            You give a really usefull help, no i know whe Rockchip Batch Tool recognize the device will be simple as select the img and press upgrade!

THANKS A LOT!!
                            Best regards.
                            Leo.

Comment

You're right, that way will never work... i will check what's wrong with the drivers....
                              You give a really usefull help, no i know whe Rockchip Batch Tool recognize the device will be simple as select the img and press upgrade!

THANKS A LOT!!
                              Best regards.
                              Leo.
                              This may help you verify your drivers... Download and extract the driver assistant http://minix.com.hk/downfile/RK_DriverAssitant.zip

If on XP just run the tool.. if you are on Win7, right click and select to "Run as administrator"

Select to uninstall the current drivers

Select to install the drivers after the uninstall has completed. I like to suggest a restart at this point just to make certain Windows has completed all of the pre-installation

Once you've restarted... just plug in your device to a USB 2 port ( don't press the reset button this time ) to the OTG port on your device and let Windows detect it and install the drivers. If you are asked to allow the installation of the drivers... accept them. In some cases, it may detect them more than one set of drivers. Leave it plugged in for a while ( 3-5 minutes ) just to ensure all drivers are installed. Unplug when finished.

This time, hold down the reset button and plug in again, after a moment... release the reset button. Again, like before let it detect all of the drivers it can... remember to wait at the end just to make certain all drivers are detected and installed.

This should have gotten all of the drivers installed... you should be able to continue and flash now... Most devices require you to be in Mask mode ( ie you press the reset button while plugging into the OTG port on the device )... if it doesn't detect it then... try it without pushing the reset button just to see if that helps.

Comment

This may help you verify your drivers... Download and extract the driver assistant http://minix.com.hk/downfile/RK_DriverAssitant.zip

If on XP just run the tool.. if you are on Win7, right click and select to "Run as administrator"

Select to uninstall the current drivers

Select to install the drivers after the uninstall has completed. I like to suggest a restart at this point just to make certain Windows has completed all of the pre-installation

Once you've restarted... just plug in your device to a USB 2 port ( don't press the reset button this time ) to the OTG port on your device and let Windows detect it and install the drivers. If you are asked to allow the installation of the drivers... accept them. In some cases, it may detect them more than one set of drivers. Leave it plugged in for a while ( 3-5 minutes ) just to ensure all drivers are installed. Unplug when finished.

This time, hold down the reset button and plug in again, after a moment... release the reset button. Again, like before let it detect all of the drivers it can... remember to wait at the end just to make certain all drivers are detected and installed.

This should have gotten all of the drivers installed... you should be able to continue and flash now... Most devices require you to be in Mask mode ( ie you press the reset button while plugging into the OTG port on the device )... if it doesn't detect it then... try it without pushing the reset button just to see if that helps.
                                Wow! Thanks thanks a lot for this great answer! I didn't have to use this method because last night after talking to you start the process in my wife laptop and everything worked great! Clearly was a drivers problem and this lines from you will help to make it work in my PC!
                                Thanks again for your kindly time!
                                Best regards.
                                Leo.

Comment

Working...
                                X