MK808 Non-B JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, I've done a few tests.

2.1 version. to load the module rkwifi from terminal with the command insmod, creates two wifi, wlan0 and p2p0, if you run iwconfig, mk808 crashes.

1.7c version, to load the module only creates a network rkwifi wlan0.

I tried to load rkwifi and wlan modules, the 1.7c version, no blockage mk808 but does not work.

You can recover the mk808 with recovery button, and run into the recovery menu reset data / factory.

1.7c

Comment

sorry....

Comment

Thanks for the info! But this issue is going to be in the stock ROM as well. Our at least the version I got!

However it has come to my attention that a newer kernel was distributed vs what I used for this ROM. Lewy pointed that out.
        Geekbuying has not updated the download so I do not have it yet.

If anyone has this newer MK808 Non-b ROM that was available please give it to me so I can fix some of these issues.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Cable Monkey View Post
          Thanks Bob. Great work (again).
          I updated from 1.7 today and all went well. One thing I do seem to be missing is the auto-hide of the status bar option that you included in 1.7
          Is it missing from 2.1 or am I having a PICNIC (problem in chair not in computer) moment?
          I seem to be missing that option aswell! It gave me comfort. Help us finless.

I flashed my 808 to finless 2.1 without a problem. First start went well. Then after a reboot the screen turned mainly magenta. Reconnecting the HDMIcable while running turned it back to normal.

Great rom Bob!

Comment

Re: NEW - MK808 Non-B JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

Originally posted by LOSS View Post
            I seem to be missing that option aswell! It gave me comfort. Help us finless.

I flashed my 808 to finless 2.1 without a problem. First start went well. Then after a reboot the screen turned mainly magenta. Reconnecting the HDMIcable while running turned it back to normal.

Great rom Bob!
            Sometimes it happends to me too in my mk808b(rk903), but not only in this Rom, is in all roms.

Sorry can't help with the crash on WiFi problem cause in the mk808b Rom (very similat to this Rom) that I have installed it does not happend.
            REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
            My devices:
            Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
            MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
            Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
            Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
            Gearbest.com)
            MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
            Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
            Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Yes the purple screen has happened to me before too on ANY ROM! It's some kind of HDMI communication issue on a warm reboot.

Just unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back in.

I think this is because of the cheap ass cables we get with these devices.

I have never seen this happen on a COLD (power off) boot and only a few times on a warm reboot.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                Yes the purple screen has happened to me before too on ANY ROM! It's some kind of HDMI communication issue on a warm reboot.

Just unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back in.

I think this is because of the cheap ass cables we get with these devices.

I have never seen this happen on a COLD (power off) boot and only a few times on a warm reboot.

Bob
                Again, this morning, purple on a cold boot. Reconnecting changed it back to normal. Maybe changing my hdmi cable will do the trick. Keep you posted.

What about the statusbar auto-hide option bob? I do really use this function.

Comment

Can anyone confirm Logitech c270 webcam work on this Rom?
                  Thinking to get one....

Comment

Finless 2.1 beta

I updated my MK808 stick from Finless 1,7c to 2.1 beta and I must say I'm pretty F'ing stoked. Thanks Bob. I went with the stock flash options and the upgrade went flawlessly and after a couple days of use the only hickup I,ve seen is the boot up isn't always the same. I'm running the Apex launcher and sometimes I don't get Apex launcher as an option. No biggie! I do have a slightly off topic question. Knowing I was going to flash the ROM anyway I was curious as to what the stock RK 4.2 ROM was like, I had 2 images one from geekbuying(I knew 808B was corrupt from messages on this forum but was not sure about 808(corrupt!)(Bob I guess Chiner is trying to discourage them too(wait! they are Chinese what the hell is going on over there)) and the other from tuntun which came with B & Not B images. Sooo I tried to flash the image with flash tool only changing the image filename. This of course did not work. My question is how would I setup the flash tool to flash the stock RK 4.2 ROM?

Comment

Stock ROM is a update.img file. So to flash that you use the RK Batch tool. I supply this in my ROM in the "alternate reboot to flash mode".

Run that and select the update.img file at the top. Click switch button to reboot to flash mode (or put it in flash mode manually). Then if you have a green #1 box, click the restore button and it will flash it.

Bob

Comment

Does it works on a SS808 device? im not sure if its a mk808 clone or just the mk808 with a branded name..
                        How can i know if its the original one?

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                          Stock ROM is a update.img file. So to flash that you use the RK Batch tool. I supply this in my ROM in the "alternate reboot to flash mode".

Run that and select the update.img file at the top. Click switch button to reboot to flash mode (or put it in flash mode manually). Then if you have a green #1 box, click the restore button and it will flash it.

Bob
                          Thanks, for the Info.

Comment

My device :
                            On 2.1 Finless 720p, AnTutu 9078...
                            on 1.7 c Finless, 9507...

The device has a built-in cooler ...

Comment

Hi, just trying the 2.1 now and so far so god with the 720p kernel and 720p boot.img, the 1080p was a bit sluggish, just a question, do you have any plans on getting the auto-hide bottom bar feature back on? And if no, is there a "do it yourself" way?

Comment

Hi Bob, i just flashed this Rom and it looks great,
                                but there is a problem with the hiding of the status bar.
                                In some apps (eg. Xbmc) hiding the bar makes the mouse cursor shift a bit
                                any idea how to resolve this since there's no auto hide function?

L.

Comment

Working...
                                X