MK808 Non-B JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R: NEW - MK808 Non-B JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

I've had the same problem....untill i bought a 5V5A power supply. Try this....

Comment

Originally posted by Catadarius View Post
      I've had the same problem....untill i bought a 5V5A power supply. Try this....

i am already using a sony psp 5v 2a psu.
      previously i was using the original 5v 2a power adapter and it can use antutu benchmark.
      but the power adapter died so i modified a sony psp to use mini usb connector.
      many poster in other threads said it should be better
      but for me it just did not help to run antutu benchmark.

Comment

Antutu runs fine for me and many others. I agree... power supply issues.

Also make sure after a reflash you fully unplug the unit from power to reset RAM etc.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

R: NEW - MK808 Non-B JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

Ok....just try a 5V 5a power suply. A 2a ps is not enough.....i've change 3 of them untill 5a.....and one was a 2.5 a....but did not work...antutu crashes.

Trust Bob when says the power is the problem.

Find a 5a and try....

Reply if works....

Comment

the amperage isn't the problem here..

5v @ 5a is 25 watts. These sticks do not use anywhere near that amount of power. Not even close.

It is more so the quality of the power supply. A GOOD 5v 2a PS will power the device just fine. Also make sure that you have a decent cable connecting from the power supply to the device.

I do agree that the power supply may indeed be the problem. But from the looks of it, It seems that the supply he is using may not be stable at the required current.

The supply I am using personally is a 5v 3a DC-DC converter. 25v input 5v output @ up to 3 amps.

Works flawlessly for me. Overclocked and everything.
            MK808 / Finless 1.7c / 2Dark4U Kernel 1.4 / 1416 mhz OC

Comment

Thank you again for another great ROM, Bob. We have a lot of Nexus devices around the house and really have grown accustomed to the phablet interface. Sadly, until NetFlix works, I'll have to stick with Finless 1.7c, which is still a great ROM and does everything I need it to do.

Thanks again for your hard work.

Comment

Been out of the game for a while, but looks like this is going to be a killer rom.

What did we find out about Dolby digital and DTS passthrough though HDMI?

Possible, not possible, in the works?

LMK

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  Antutu runs fine for me and many others. I agree... power supply issues.

Also make sure after a reflash you fully unplug the unit from power to reset RAM etc.

Bob
                  Originally posted by Catadarius View Post
                  Ok....just try a 5V 5a power suply. A 2a ps is not enough.....i've change 3 of them untill 5a.....and one was a 2.5 a....but did not work...antutu crashes.

Trust Bob when says the power is the problem.

Find a 5a and try....

Reply if works....
                  Originally posted by crystawth View Post
                  the amperage isn't the problem here..

5v @ 5a is 25 watts. These sticks do not use anywhere near that amount of power. Not even close.

It is more so the quality of the power supply. A GOOD 5v 2a PS will power the device just fine. Also make sure that you have a decent cable connecting from the power supply to the device.

I do agree that the power supply may indeed be the problem. But from the looks of it, It seems that the supply he is using may not be stable at the required current.

The supply I am using personally is a 5v 3a DC-DC converter. 25v input 5v output @ up to 3 amps.

Works flawlessly for me. Overclocked and everything.

Thanks guys for your inputs.

Bob, when i reflashed i always wait at least 3-5minutes before power off after it reboots. Only connected to otg port, psu is not connected.

catadarius and crystwath,
                  i tends to agree more to crystwath. i read many other threads and 2a is actually more than enough from what i understand. it more of stability and clean voltage issue.
                  now if a sony psu is not stable and clean enough i really am at a lost at what other psu to try?
                  Likely i will recheck my psu modification to mini usb. note that mini usb wires are really small and thin compared to the sony psu wires. also will check the voltage and amperage stability with a digital multimeter.
                  What i still don't understand is Antutu benchmark worked faultlessly with my stock psu(it had since died) after i flashed to Finless 2.1 for the 1st time only.

UPDATE
                  After recheck psu mod and rewiring mini usb connector, Antutu Benchmark started to run until opengl es 1.1 then stopped(not crashed). NO SCORE
                  if test without 3d benchmark it finishes with a score of 6353.

NEXT try will be with two stable 5v 1a psu. one connect to mk808, other to powered hub.
                  This did not let Antutu complete. No score

UPDATE 2
                  ok with two psu sony 5v 2a to mk808 + generic china psu 5v 1a to usb hub, Antutu run till completed. Score 8596.
                  Pretty low. I read should be around 9000+.
                  Anyway HD video on utube run nicely (tested with those HD videos for samsung, sony tvs )
                  overall satisfied with it.

Now next issue is how to get it to detect my 2.5" external hdd even when using powered usb hub.
                  With self powered 3.5" ext hdd there is no problem detecting it even when connected to normal usb hub.

Another thing is wired usb rj45 adapter. Now got a 9700 and it status is not connectd to internet. But i can go web surfing. youtube etc. only thing do not work is floating MSplayer.
                  Floating utube works.
                  Speed is pretty low though 0.2 to 3mbps only. worst than the wifi-2 to 13mbps.
                  Will need to try the ax88772 since many say it give true high speed of 40 to 65mbps.
                  I am on fibreoptics 100mbps connection.
                  Last edited by atac5922; 05-28-2013, 11:42.

Comment

Help for Wifi USb Dongle (Airlink 101) in this ROM 2.1 driver file 8711.KO

Hi Bob and All experts

I was using Airlink 101 Wifi USB dongle right from Finless Rom 1.5 until Finless 1.7c without any glitches with 8711.ko file as driver I got from http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechfo...start=20#p1552 .

I used to copy this file under system-Lib-Modules and rename it to rkwifi.ko (I used to change the existing rkwifi.ko to some other name) and then assign permission rw-r-r. It used to work great.

But now in this new ROM 2.1 when I copy this 8711.ko file and rename it to rkwifi and set permissions. it does not recognised wifi usb at all. Please all experts !! help me how can I make this driver file work on new ROM 2.1 and see my USB dongle working again????

Comment

Originally posted by Gaurav277 View Post
                      Hi Bob and All experts

I was using Airlink 101 Wifi USB dongle right from Finless Rom 1.5 until Finless 1.7c without any glitches with 8711.ko file as driver I got from http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechfo...start=20#p1552 .

I used to copy this file under system-Lib-Modules and rename it to rkwifi.ko (I used to change the existing rkwifi.ko to some other name) and then assign permission rw-r-r. It used to work great.

But now in this new ROM 2.1 when I copy this 8711.ko file and rename it to rkwifi and set permissions. it does not recognised wifi usb at all. Please all experts !! help me how can I make this driver file work on new ROM 2.1 and see my USB dongle working again????
                      This is because the kernel for 1.7 was 3.0.8+
                      For Android 4.2.2 and my 2.1 ROM the kernel is 3.0.36+
                      Thus your old KO modules will not work on this new kernel.

Maybe ask Leolas if he can compile the driver for you un .36+ kernel.
                      He is trying to do new modules now.

Bob
                      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

If you can give more details about your dongle (chipset, idvendor and id product) I can try to search for the sources ans compile it. If you have the sources of the dongle it will help me a lot to compile it.
                        REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                        My devices:
                        Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                        MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                        Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                        Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                        Gearbest.com)
                        MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                        Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Help for Wifi USb Dongle (Airlink 101) in this ROM 2.1 driver file 8711.KO

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                          If you can give more details about your dongle (chipset, idvendor and id product) I can try to search for the sources ans compile it. If you have the sources of the dongle it will help me a lot to compile it.
                          Thanks a lot for offering your help. I appreciate it big time. I dont know much about driver compilation. My device details are as follows :-

Device Name : Airlink 101 Golden 300N
                          Product Link : http://www.airlink101.com/products/awll6077v2.php
                          Chipset : Realtek RTL8192SU
                          I downloaded latest drivers from the above link and found this information in Setup.ini

AppName=Airlink101 WLAN Monitor
                          ProductGUID=7731A2E2-EC88-4B5B-A1D5-81345498159B
                          CompanyName=REALTEK Semiconductor Corp.
                          CompanyURL=http://www.realtek.com.tw

I sincerely hope this information can help you. I do not want to loose this new ROM 2.1 at the same time I really need to get this USB dongle working as internal Wifi is pathetic ( router is kept at distance as well) .....

Please ... please please help ..... !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gaurav277 View Post
                            Thanks a lot for offering your help. I appreciate it big time. I dont know much about driver compilation. My device details are as follows :-

Device Name : Airlink 101 Golden 300N
                            Product Link : http://www.airlink101.com/products/awll6077v2.php
                            Chipset : Realtek RTL8192SU
                            I downloaded latest drivers from the above link and found this information in Setup.ini

AppName=Airlink101 WLAN Monitor
                            ProductGUID=7731A2E2-EC88-4B5B-A1D5-81345498159B
                            CompanyName=REALTEK Semiconductor Corp.
                            CompanyURL=http://www.realtek.com.tw

I sincerely hope this information can help you. I do not want to loose this new ROM 2.1 at the same time I really need to get this USB dongle working as internal Wifi is pathetic ( router is kept at distance as well) .....

Please ... please please help ..... !!!!
                            I will try, My device uses the same driver, and its work but using wext instead of nl80211, so changes to boot.img are needed, I am tryying in the last few days compile a new driver with 08211 support to make the device easy to install, i will tell you if i get it works well, If not i mill mod your boot.img and tell you the instructions to make it work.
                            REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                            My devices:
                            Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                            MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                            Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                            Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                            Gearbest.com)
                            MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                            Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                            Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                              I will try, My device uses the same driver, and its work but using wext instead of nl80211, so changes to boot.img are needed, I am tryying in the last few days compile a new driver with 08211 support to make the device easy to install, i will tell you if i get it works well, If not i mill mod your boot.img and tell you the instructions to make it work.
                              Thanks so much .... I will eagerly wait for your response ..... You guys have made this tiny device extraordinary brilliant

Comment

Is Tronsmart MK808 like an original MK808 (non-B) ?

I have the Tronsmart MK808, running well on it's stock 4.1.1 rom. Wondering about flashing to 4.2, and if my MK808 is like the MK808 (non-B) that is referenced all over these forums.

The Tronsmart MK808 does have the RK3066 dual-core processor, RK901 wifi chip, 1GB ram, and 8GB storage. It has 2GB partition for apps. All stock --- Have installed CWM and have good backup on external sdcard.

Will the Finless roms for MK808 work?? Thanks (don't want to make any huge regrettable mistakes....)

Comment

Working...
                                X