No announcement yet.

MK808 Non-B JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recovery boot always defaults to 1080p, forcing me to use another TV to see it- why?

Hi Bob,

Done some more with flashing the 2.1(4.2.2) rom. It does flash OK, yet the first boot defaults to 1080p ... so I have to use my Sony TV to see it boot. Then I can change the HDMI format to 720p and go back to my primary display.

I flashed the 720p kernel/boot images -- why would the first boot default to 1080p???

2.1 rom seems to work great, haven't noticed any app glitches yet ... I've fine-tuned, rebooted many times on the 720p display, and added CWM recovery.

I do have another strange HDMI issue -- when I reboot into recovery it uses 1080p so have to change display. If I just reboot to android, it stays 720p and I'm good.

Can you shed any light on why the reboot into recovery needs 1080p??? Is there an advanced setting or something in build.prop I can change to avoid this. I'd like to stay 720p mode unless I change the HDMI setting ... any thoughts?

Thanks again for all your efforts!

Comment

Links not working

Hey!

Links for this rom are not working! could someone provide a mirror? Thx

Comment

Activate wireless brick MK808 with this ROM

Originally posted by magnat View Post
        Hi,

i have the same Problem. What can i do to fix it? I have only my keyboard connected. thx
        I have a MK808 from kimdecent (T10 version). I think this may be the problem. Ethernet works perfect but if I active WiFi the stick freezes and never start. Permanent boot screen.

Thanks for your work, great ROM.

Best regards.

PS: I used 720P and 1Gb version.

Comment

Artwizz PowerPlug Pro (2.1A) USB Charger for iPad /iPod/iPhone & MP3, black.

My MK808 with this adapter works very well ... I recommend before you modify the software to use this adapter instead of the original Chinese ...In my country, true costs 13 euros, but the stability of MK808 justifies the cost ...
          Attached Files

Comment

Purple

Hey Bob,

I still encounter purple screens on a cold startup. I tried various cables. Same result.
            I flashed the mk808 with your 1.7 rom and everything started up normal.
            So my hunch is that this is a softwareproblem. What are your thoughts on this?

Greets!

Comment

Purple Image

Sometimes I had this problem. But I think is the monitor. My monitor is LG M237WA, sometimes when I switch to HDMI-1, I have the purple image.
              So, I switch to another source, like AV or HDMI-2 and turn back to HDMI-1 (where is my MK808) and all stay fine.
              I hope your poblem is the same.

[]s

Comment

Originally posted by vnishimoto View Post
                Sometimes I had this problem. But I think is the monitor. My monitor is LG M237WA, sometimes when I switch to HDMI-1, I have the purple image.
                So, I switch to another source, like AV or HDMI-2 and turn back to HDMI-1 (where is my MK808) and all stay fine.
                I hope your poblem is the same.

[]s
                Obrigado vnishimoto, that did the trick.

The strange thing is that I don't encounter these situations when running finless 1.7. Looks like with the release of the jellybean rom came some output problems.

Comment

Wireless Xbox 360 Controller and fix Camera Spin

Hi all, Ive sucessfully flashed MK808 Non-B JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1 works great, thanks for your great work BOB

now its some1 have the same problem like me with wireless xbox 360 controller camera spin i followed this tutorial

Video that demonstrates the setup, show an example of the problem, the steps to solve the problem, and the working solution!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9czISrLGXNI&hd=1 So first lets just talk about the Hardware Setup. Xbox 360...

and works for me, little lag but works xD

wifi works great for the moment

pd: Sry for my english

Comment

Originally posted by badskills View Post
                    Hi all, Ive sucessfully flashed MK808 Non-B JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1 works great, thanks for your great work BOB

now its some1 have the same problem like me with wireless xbox 360 controller camera spin i followed this tutorial

Video that demonstrates the setup, show an example of the problem, the steps to solve the problem, and the working solution!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9czISrLGXNI&hd=1 So first lets just talk about the Hardware Setup. Xbox 360...

and works for me, little lag but works xD

wifi works great for the moment

pd: Sry for my english
                    Thanks but I just don't understand it. Maybe if was a bit clear on exactly what to do specifically for mk808

Comment

Originally posted by android_addicted View Post
                      Thanks but I just don't understand it. Maybe if was a bit clear on exactly what to do specifically for mk808
                      this tutorial is for wireless xbox 360 camera spin in some games

see the video below :

I think bob forgot to put this patch in this rom hehehhee

pd: Sry for my english and wifi still works great

Comment

Sv: NEW - MK808 Non-B JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

Hi Bob!
                        Have you seen this? Apparently the guys over at Geekbuying are onto a fix for the Netflix problem on 4.2.2:

Hi guys: This is the Newest Android 4.2 firmware for the Geekbuying MK808, it fixed the Netflix scrambled problem. we have tested, and yes, it fixed. Please notice, this is just working with Geekbuying sold MK808!! Flash this on the copied MK808,you will lose your wifi, be careful!! ok, here we go: Firmware download link […]

Skickat från min HTC One via Tapatalk 2

Comment

Hi. Got my first stick today. Before getting it was browSing arOund and everyone talked about finless roms ;-) so I opened it and went here to immediately flash it. But... I can't use it. Can't get into play store. The stick just powers off.
                          First I flashed it with 1080 kernel and 4gb parameter. Read this thread over and over and decided to flash with 720p. Went for date time, put everything automaTic. Added Google account, went to play store and it connected. After 5 min crashed and powered off again. Now every time I try to go to play store to install something, as soon I click the store icon the system powers off.
                          Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by pnobrega View Post
                            Hi. Got my first stick today. Before getting it was browSing arOund and everyone talked about finless roms ;-) so I opened it and went here to immediately flash it. But... I can't use it. Can't get into play store. The stick just powers off.
                            First I flashed it with 1080 kernel and 4gb parameter. Read this thread over and over and decided to flash with 720p. Went for date time, put everything automaTic. Added Google account, went to play store and it connected. After 5 min crashed and powered off again. Now every time I try to go to play store to install something, as soon I click the store icon the system powers off.
                            Any ideas?
                            using stock power supply? don't its crap and causes the stick to crash.

Comment

Originally posted by cdsbj6508 View Post
                              ROM is running GREAT!! Actually my MK808 stick is much cooler than usual which is a plus but I'm having an issue where I can not install any files that I attempt to install from Dropbox and Chrome. I have unknown sources enabled but when I try in install from a download file or dropbox file when I press "Install" it does not press but I can select "Cancel" with no problem. Any help would be great!
                              First of all thanks Bob for working on the ROM. I haven't installed the newer 2.1 but 1.7c works perfect on my MK808. Recently I tried to side-load an app and as cdsbj6508 described the Install button is not clickable but the Cancel is fine. Please help.

Comment

I just tried this rom out on my Uhost2 and it works like a charm - best rom i have tried actually! One thing that doesn't work is the wifi though (i didn't try the bluetooth).

Finless can you please make support for Uhost 2 wifi? It would be much apreciated - i am not 100% sure what chipset we use. I found this on a site "RK903 (BCM40183 – Broadcom 4330 Based Chipset) (Bluetooth v3.0)" But i seem to have read that uhost 2 wifi will work if 8713au.ko is switched with rkwifi.ko i think it was. I don't know though

Anyways thanks for your hard work!

Comment

Working...
                                X