• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by burekas View Post
    Please Help.
    I have MK808 (Non-B)
    And I used the ROM from the first post: "MK808 Finless 2.1 ROM"

I have 2 open issues after install this ROM.

1) I still don't have 1080p option in Screen, even I chose Boot&kerenl of 1080.
    I still only have: 1280x720p-60, 720x480p-60
    Why is that?

2) The WIFI suddenly not connecting with this ROM.
    Why is that?

Hope you have answers for me.
    Thanks.
    Are you a 100 % sure that you have the MK808 with RK901 WiFi chip? What do you mean by "wifi not connecting"? Do you see WIFI networks and can't connect to them or does your WIFI just does not turn on?

Comment

Originally posted by phinc View Post
      Are you a 100 % sure that you have the MK808 with RK901 WiFi chip? What do you mean by "wifi not connecting"? Do you see WIFI networks and can't connect to them or does your WIFI just does not turn on?
      I don't have the bluetooth on my Settings, so I guess it is MK808 (Non-B)

And exactly,I see WIFI networks, choosing my network, put my WEP password, it shows "Connecting..." , but after few seconds it stop and not connect.

How can I verify the WIFI chip? Is it must be RK901?

Also why I don't have 1080p option on the screen options?
      This is the main reason I try this ROM
      Last edited by burekas; 01-29-2015, 22:28.

Comment

If you can see the wifi networks you have the right wifi chip.
        But your problems are strange. I suggest you try to reflash the rom. And don't forget to hit "erase NAND" before you flash.

Comment

Originally posted by phinc View Post
          If you can see the wifi networks you have the right wifi chip.
          But your problems are strange. I suggest you try to reflash the rom. And don't forget to hit "erase NAND" before you flash.
          I have already do it twice, the same problem.

With MinixHFW the WIFI is connecting but I still don't have 1080p :/

Comment

Originally posted by mo123
            Then you are not using a 1080p TV or your TV is not compatible with the ROM's.
            Try a different Full HDTV.
            Actually I test this ROM with LCD screen (220SW9FB) which is not FullHD TV and it has DVI connector (I'm using HDMI/DVI adaptor). The optimum resolution of this screen (by its manual) is 1680x1050-60Hz.

Here is the screen info:

So as I understand from you, the resolutions in the Screen list on my MK808 depands on the screen that connected to MK808 HDMI port?

-----------------------------------------------
            And what can cause the WIFI problem?
            (With MinixHFW Rom It's OK)

Thanks.

Comment

I read on geekbuying site that original firmware supports 5.1 channel. However, different reviewes at different places.
              So, does this rom support 5.1 audio passthrough?

Comment

I tried putting my MK808 into flash mode, but when I connect the USB cable to the OTG port and hold down the reset button with a paper-clip, Windows 7 doesnt see it at all, but it boots up with the HDMI port to my TV with no issues. What gives? It's powered on with the other USB cable to the AC adapter when I'm attempting this by the way.

I really want to put the Finless ROM on here and be done with it.

Comment

Originally posted by pauleley View Post
                  All Working
                  Virtual 5.1-Surround USB 2.0 External Sound Card (Model SJ-588)
                  Microsoft LifeCam VX-2000
                  ND-100 GPS Dongle for TomTom in my Van
                  ND-100 GPS Needs PL2303-GPS Mock Location app.

Thanks
                  Hi,
                  Can you share your set-up with virtual sound card? And how good your experience with sound?

Comment

I have updated my ROM from finless 1.7 to 2.1.
                    Installed Kodi.
                    Added cheap 7.1 USB sound card and connected to 2.1 speakers.
                    Now having three issues,
                    1. Having very low vocal in sound output. Other sound (non vocal) looks great
                    2. Some continuous noise from speaker
                    3. Sometime 1080 video not running smooth

Anybody tried similar setup, please share your feedback.

Comment

i'm using the Finless 1.7C, its been a years and its working fine, i watch netflix and 1080p movies via network, but i want to use Kodi, should i change it? or keep with the 1.7C and buy another PCTV?

Comment

I just updated my MK 808 to this rom, TY for you work! But I have one issue and that is youtube does not work. It opens, but will not show content. I have downloaded older versions of youtube apk and will try them but is there a fix for this???

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Were there more than one different WiFi chip used in the MK808 non-b sticks. I was using Finless Version 1.7 and had no problems but with 2.1 as soon as I try to turn on WiFi the ROM instantly locks up (can't move mouse pointer etc.) and then upon reboot, it keeps rebooting several times early in the process while the boot image is still showing. The Google TV image appears a couple of times and then after 5 or 6 reboots it hangs on the boot image and stays hung.

Comment

At first I erroneously flashed the MK808b verson of 2.2 and wondered why the WiFi wouldn't turn on. I was using an Ethernet to USB adapter so it didn't matter much. I was experiencing slow browser action when trying to play videos within Browser or Google Chrome, so in trying to get WiFi working, I remembered that my MK808 didn't have bluetooth and the WiFi chip was probably different. That's why I ended up flashing this MK808 non-B verson of 2.2. I found, however that after booting up and going into settings, the device would instantly lock-up as soon as I turned on the WiFi and then upon reboot, it would freeze during the boot screen and restart several times before freezing for good.

I ended up going back to Finless 1.7c This seems to be the sweet spot for my MK808. Now WiFi and Ethernet work fine and my videos load and play within browser just fine.

Comment

Hi, I have some issues with external sound cards. What happens is that when I plug in the USB soundcard, it is detected by android, I select it as default audio device and it works, but whenever the audio stops playing (because the audio effect finished or the song finished, etc) the whole android system freezes and finally reboots.

Everything seems perfectly fine while the audio is playing (I can leave a song playing in the background and everything works fine), but the moment that there is complete silence, then the whole system freezes.

The two soundcards I've tested and both having the same issue are:
                              - Sound Blaster Play 2!
                              - Sound Blaster Xi-Fi Surround 5.1

Is this some kind of known bug/limitation? Is there any fix for this?
                              Greetings and thanks.

Comment

digging up old post

Finally got my mk808 out after been hiding and updated with this version

got the 1080p working aswell

what i did was got a wall charger for power
                                and it stop all the freeze and blinking

Comment

Working...
                                X