Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK808b remote control for Movies and Application

Hi All,

I own a MK808b Android mini PC and a wireless keyboard with touch pad. I am having problems watching movie as the applications I have don't seem to work well with the keyboard. When I press the right left up down arrows nothing much happens in terms of fast forwards, rewind, pause etc. I have to press FN Key + F7 to pause etc etc. What application can I use to that I can use my current wireless keyboard and easily use the keys to pause, play, fastforward, rewind etc ?

second question - what sort of remote can I buy with my MK808b device to enable this as a TV so that I can easily do what I normally do with my DVD remote control ?

Originally posted by justanick View Post
    second question - what sort of remote can I buy with my MK808b device to enable this as a TV so that I can easily do what I normally do with my DVD remote control ?
    Try getting a USB IR receiver (there are several basic ones online through Amazon). You can then program it to match up with your TV/DVD remote or choice and it should work.

Comment

Originally posted by tlgnome24 View Post
      Try getting a USB IR receiver (there are several basic ones online through Amazon). You can then program it to match up with your TV/DVD remote or choice and it should work.
      So I need to buy USB IR receiver for the Android and then can I use my Logitech universal remote control to program the IR commands? Will this work?now what media player can I use to watch movies and use the logitech remote control ?

Comment

Meaby you can try this remote client for your mobile phone from google play:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...GVjb250cm9sIl0.

Although it's made for mk802 III it works fine on my mk808b and probably also for other android sticks.

Comment

So I need to buy USB IR receiver for the Android and then can I use my Logitech universal remote control to program the IR commands? Will this work?now what media player can I use to watch movies and use the logitech remote control ?
          Check out this YouTube video. The poster uses a FLIRC brand USB receiver.

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

Comment

Check out this YouTube video. The poster uses a FLIRC brand USB receiver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCRn0lmAuL0
            Awesome video link thank you. He uses XBMC for the remote. How do I install XBMC on my MK808b device ?

Comment

I have an MCE remote and its USB receiver that works on windows HTPC. I plugged that USB receiver into mk808b (Finless 1.7 720p). Nothing happens. it does not work.
              Is there a configuration that I supposed to apply/change or is it supposed to be automatic.
              I saw the FLIRC one, but I am trying to see if I can re-use my existing MCE IR receiver as I would be retiring my old HTPC with mk808b.
              Can you Please point me to any instructions or threads on how to do this?

Comment

Awesome video link thank you. He uses XBMC for the remote. How do I install XBMC on my MK808b device ?
                Just go to the XBMC website and download the android version. I have it on my mk808b running Finless 2.1 (1080p kernel) with problems. However I do not have a remote connected so can't say how well everything works on something other than a mouse/keyboard.

Comment

is it XBMC HD content issue?

Just go to the XBMC website and download the android version. I have it on my mk808b running Finless 2.1 (1080p kernel) with problems. However I do not have a remote connected so can't say how well everything works on something other than a mouse/keyboard.
                  If you are having HD video stuttering problems, I have resolved it by following these instructions from Abducted and ididmytime. Good stuff there. I now have flawless (to my eyes atleast) HD video on my mk808b.

Comment

Can you give me the download link for android xbmc? Google is taking me to many places and I can't decide which one is authentic and which one not.

Where can one buy Flirc USB remote control ? There's one site is Aus which is showing out of stock. The shipping is ridiculous as well.

Comment

Key inputs can me manually changed very easily with an app and altering the .kl file.

As for XBMC, I don't recommend the android specific version, as it's possible for the GPU to decode video to get around using external players on the rk3066.

My FAQ has the information on both subjects.
                      Currently Using:
                      2 x Nvidia Shield TV | MiniMX III
                      Retired Devices:
                      MiniMX III-II | Mk808b Pro | Mk808b Plus | Raspberry Pi 1 + 2 | UBOX R89 | MK808 | MK808b | CS008 | X1 4K (rk3288_809) | CYX_809III | Ouya | CX-919 | S82 Plus | Tronstmart R68

Comment

Originally posted by PMisYMMV View Post
                        I have an MCE remote and its USB receiver that works on windows HTPC. I plugged that USB receiver into mk808b (Finless 1.7 720p). Nothing happens. it does not work.
                        Is there a configuration that I supposed to apply/change or is it supposed to be automatic.
                        I saw the FLIRC one, but I am trying to see if I can re-use my existing MCE IR receiver as I would be retiring my old HTPC with mk808b.
                        Can you Please point me to any instructions or threads on how to do this?
                        I havent seen any responses, so I am guessing this is theoretically not possible?

Comment

Working...
                        X