• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Modefied MK808B

Hi,
    first Thnx to sir, Bob and leolas

I was getting dropped wifi from 808B
    i was not sure this was happening because of Over_Heating or low antenna gain

so i decided to .. modified my 808B to this:

so i can have good wifi and cooling.

:-) Good coffin when my mk would be brick dead.....

No seriously nice hack dude, i,ll do some cooling on mine but preserving the case

Anyone mod an old big p1 cpu case to put the mk into it ?
    :-)

Comment

Re: My Modefied MK808B

Great work
      REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
      My devices:
      Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
      MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
      Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
      Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
      Gearbest.com)
      MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
      Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Nice one, good to see some more mods on here.

Comment

Very nice - glad more people are sharing their mods. Now if we can get Finless to start a mod thread.....

Comment

Just a thought... You'll have a much greater advantage from the heatsink if you remove the stock one and attach the new one somehow.

I still have my board in the original casing which I modded with a heatsink that conveniently had just enough gaps to use tiny zip-ties to secure it to the chips.

I'm sure you can also manage it with a bit of ingenuity. Removing the stock heatsink is really easy. It's sort of glued on but with a small screwdriver to get some leverage and a slight bit of force, it just comes right off.

Comment

Originally posted by cacoe View Post
              Just a thought... You'll have a much greater advantage from the heatsink if you remove the stock one and attach the new one somehow.

I still have my board in the original casing which I modded with a heatsink that conveniently had just enough gaps to use tiny zip-ties to secure it to the chips.

I'm sure you can also manage it with a bit of ingenuity. Removing the stock heatsink is really easy. It's sort of glued on but with a small screwdriver to get some leverage and a slight bit of force, it just comes right off.
              I don't know..
              I had first thought to remove that stock heatsink but (as you said it is glued pretty heavily and that time i was not confident about this.. or i had fear that i may damage that and i will lose that and also i can't buy new one )

somehow this is working good.. but we have no temperature sensor on it
              so we can't compare the resulting temps different..
              you may be right..
              but i don't think i'll do it now coz i have exams this n next month..

Thnx

and can you also post some pics of your mod here..

Comment

Originally posted by rajaa View Post
                I don't know..
                I had first thought to remove that stock heatsink but (as you said it is glued pretty heavily and that time i was not confident about this.. or i had fear that i may damage that and i will lose that and also i can't buy new one )

somehow this is working good.. but we have no temperature sensor on it
                so we can't compare the resulting temps different..
                you may be right..
                but i don't think i'll do it now coz i have exams this n next month..

Thnx

and can you also post some pics of your mod here..
                There was a couple of times I thought I might have broken my unit! At first when I removed the heatsink, it made somewhat of a cracking sound, and again when I tightened the zip ties. Each time, I rushed to plug it in, to make sure I hadn't ruined it, turns out it's stronger than I thought!

Comment

Will be better to you are remove default heatsink but in any case for your mod.
                  Good luck Rajaa

Comment

Working...
                  X