• Show
Clear All

MK808 from amazon

I'm a newbie. I plan to buy the MK808 from amazon

Anyone has some experience with this please give me some info:
    1)Is it a clone?
    2) How is the wifi?
    3)Does it work good with xbmc?
    4)Does it work Ok with Finless rom? Geekbuying claims if you by a clone it won't work with their firmware.
    5)will it work with the air mouse remote iPazzport(this is the one I have).

Thanks for the help.

Originally posted by curtqn View Post
    I'm a newbie. I plan to buy the MK808 from amazon

Anyone has some experience with this please give me some info:
    1)Is it a clone?
    2) How is the wifi?
    3)Does it work good with xbmc?
    4)Does it work Ok with Finless rom? Geekbuying claims if you by a clone it won't work with their firmware.
    5)will it work with the air mouse remote iPazzport(this is the one I have).

Thanks for the help.
    Maybe you'll get better advice...but here's my take.

Buy from Geekbuying, then you know what you;re getting. What's the difference in price? <$5 ?

I would SERIOUSLY consider another model now -- I got an MK808, my thoughts:

should have got neo x5 or similar, because after you get a USB hub, remote and most importantly, a WORKING ethernet adapter you are not saving that much money

wifi seems flaky on the MK808, there are plenty of threads about it, it wasn't usable for me ( but I never planned on using it either, as my router is not close to my TV )

The newer models are getting popular now ... R3188 boards ... these seem to support HD sound via HDMI, which the MK808 will not passthrough. ROM development is moving towards these boards too ... as people like the latest and greatest, the MK808 is starting to look long in the tooth

XBMC works pretty well for me on the MK808 ... not perfect, but I only run 720p, and most issues seem to stem from trying to push the MK808 to 1080 + XBMC ( although it appears possible )

not sure that helps, but thought i would pass along my experience. ( I run Finless 1.7C on an MK808 from Geekbuying )

Comment

slcpunk:
      Thanks for the info. I reconsider about buying it.

Comment

Re: MK808 from amazon

I bought my mk808 from Amazon.com.... Is original

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
        X