Can't flash MK808, get Lower Format errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't flash MK808, get Lower Format errors

I'm trying to flash my old MK808 (non-B) with Finless 2.1 ROM. However, either I am doing something wrong or there is something wrong with my device. I've get it to boot into flash mode using the reset button, it is recognized by the OS, but then something goes wrong, apparently the device is inaccessible.

On Windows the ROM Flash Tool is able to find the device "Found RKAndroid Loader Rock Usb", the drivers are installed (show up in the Device Manager as a "rockusb" device), but when I try to erase the NAND (which the README recommends) I get "Lower format failed" and "Erasing IDB failed":

Click image for larger version

Name:	error1.png
Views:	207
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	666164

The log file, on the other hand, is not particularly helpful:

Name:	error2.png
Views:	160
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	666165

On Linux (following the instructions in http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...n-b-with-linux), Linux Upgrade Tool recognizes the device (w/ flash mode w/ reset button), but is unable to go into Lower Format mode ("LF") with the error "Lower Format quit,Creating comm object failed!", whether I run the tool with or without "sudo" (it shouldn't work without it):

Name:	erro_l1.png
Views:	311
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	666163

Additionally, the log files supplies a single error: "Error:InitializeUsb-->open device failed,err=-1".

I've tried different combinations of USB Debugging / Connection Mode (MTP/Mass Storage)/ "Connect to PC", but to no avail, the outcome is always the same. I've tried in a Linux laptop and a Windows desktop. Am I doing something wrong, or is my device damaged?

Hi hlbkv ,

did you tried it without erasing the flash ??? does this work ???

did you install RKDrivers4.4 on Win before flash ???

nice Day / gefattern

Comment

Are you using a USB 3.0 port.

This error always happens to me on my machine when I forget to use a USB 2.0 port for flashing Rockchip devices.

So try different ports, even if you are using USB 2.0 because this also been shown in the past to be an issue, even when there seems no logic to it.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
        Hi hlbkv ,

did you tried it without erasing the flash ??? does this work ???

did you install RKDrivers4.4 on Win before flash ???

nice Day / gefattern
        I actually have, it throws the error "Test Device Failed". I installed the drivers packed with the ROM, not sure if that's those.

Originally posted by bluesmanuk

Are you using a USB 3.0 port.

This error always happens to me on my machine when I forget to use a USB 2.0 port for flashing Rockchip devices.

So try different ports, even if you are using USB 2.0 because this also been shown in the past to be an issue, even when there seems no logic to it.
        Both my laptop and desktop only have USB 3.0 ports, my desktop actually has frontal USB 2.0 but they don't seem to work.

Comment

Hi hlbkv ,

i dont even thought about USB3 , because my Pc is to old , so better use a older Pc for flashing this Devices ,

hope u can find a USB2 Pc to do it without Problems . Thanks bluesmanuk , thats for me a new Hint that i have

to remember if i help other Users . Thanks . greetings / gefattern

please post your Results hlbkv

Comment

Working...
          X