Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it annoying to never turn off the dongle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it annoying to never turn off the dongle?

Hello !

Everything is in the title.

For now my dongle (MK808B) is powered by USB port on my TV. I have to think turn off the TV dongle before turn off the TV. So I want to connect it to the power socket.

But is it annoying to never turn off the dongle?

I hope I'm understandable! Sorry for my bad English!

Thank you.

Reyur.

Originally posted by reyur View Post
    Hello !

Everything is in the title.

For now my dongle (MK808B) is powered by USB port on my TV. I have to think turn off the TV dongle before turn off the TV. So I want to connect it to the power socket.

But is it annoying to never turn off the dongle?

I hope I'm understandable! Sorry for my bad English!

Thank you.

Reyur.
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. I have found that it generates a fair bit of heat even when "off", but I don't think any posters have said that it shortens the lifespan etc. I have mine connected to a switchable outlet on my power bar, which is controllable via remote. Call me paranoid, but I wanted mine off too.

Comment

Originally posted by pestul View Post
      I wouldn't worry too much about it. I have found that it generates a fair bit of heat even when "off", but I don't think any posters have said that it shortens the lifespan etc. I have mine connected to a switchable outlet on my power bar, which is controllable via remote. Call me paranoid, but I wanted mine off too.
      HEAT will definitely shorten the lifespan that"s why many owners are modding the sticks by adding CPU fans or cooling it in some other ways.
      For me i simply use a 125x125mm 12V CPU case fan to blow on it. It remains cool to the touch after using it for 8 hours non stop.
      I also never leave the stick power adapter connected to the power strip after turning it off just in case there is a voltage surge.

Comment

Working...
      X