Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK809 II (Finless 1.7a) - can't activate ethernet

Hi all,
    First post from me after getting 6 months of great advice from these forums.

I've been using an MK809 II since Jan and have had the best results with Finless Rom 1.7a. For a couple of months, I was using a micro USB ethernet adaptor and getting much better results streaming than with wifi. Then I took the little guy away with me for a weekend to use at a friend's house. Since getting back, I cannot enable ethernet in settings. If I check the box, the blue tick appears for half a second then disappears. I tried restoring everything, reflashing the ROM etc and used a different cable and port but no luck. I assumed the adapator had got broken when travelling but the replacement arrived this morning and still no joy.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Ludo

That is odd if it used to work ok. I had the same problem with wifi on my first MK809II (it wouldn't switch on) and had to return it and get a replacement.

Did you wipe the NAND first when you re-flashed the ROM?

I'd try plugging the adapter into a mains powered USB hub, if you're not already doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by big10p View Post
      That is odd if it used to work ok. I had the same problem with wifi on my first MK809II (it wouldn't switch on) and had to return it and get a replacement.

Did you wipe the NAND first when you re-flashed the ROM?

I'd try plugging the adapter into a mains powered USB hub, if you're not already doing that.
      Thanks for your reply. Yes, I erased the NAND and have just done so again. I'm using a 5.0v 2.0a power supply which seemed to be ok before. Still cannot enable ethernet. It just turns itself off straight away.

Could there be a router issue here?

Comment

I'm pretty sure the problem isn't related to your router as I am able to turn on ethernet even when its not plugged into the router - it just doesn't get a connection, obviously, but it stays on.

I fear your stick may have developed a fault. Maybe due to overheating. Does it run hot?

One thing you could try is install the manufacturer's stock ROM. Also, try a > 2.0 amp power supply.

Other than that, I'm out of ideas, I'm afraid.

Comment

Working...
        X