Is my MK808B gpu dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is my MK808B gpu dead?

Hey, im writing because im out of solutions myself short of throwing my mk808b out.

My issue started after having a succesful flash of finless's 1.7 and streaming and wifi working perfect no issues. I then shut down the stick using the powerdown option he provided in the rom. Later i try power up again and nothing happens, i try reflash the rom, i get an image, but then goes to a black screen.

1 out of 8 times i might get further, it will work for a bit but ultimately it will go to black screen again.

Now i wanted to do a clean flash since i thought it might be the issue, so i followed the instructions that finless has made on how to unbrick a mk808 by shorting the 8-9th pin and going into mask rom mode, worked like a charm and flashed the 2.1 finless rom to the stick and booted up.

Now here is where i think there is a gpu issue, i can see visible minor artifacting in the menu's its in a little belt across the middle of the screen, when i tried to open the browser i again had a black screen.

Now im thinking artifacting from my experience with computers is often caused by corrupted vram...

Did the gpu suddenly decided to die, and is there any fix (kinda doubt it) that i can do to bring back my dear android pc

I use a 2100mah power adapter, the cable is the one provided with the stick though questionable quality, only have another cable thats the same quality tried both, same result, also tried another smaller power adapter, two diffrent hdmi cables aswell.

Thing i dont get is how after running fine for about an hour or so, from the build in usb port on my tv (using external psu's now), it suddenly would "die" from being powered down through the build in function to do so.

Seems a Video or GPU problem, anyway, if you can, try a new hdmi adapter or port.

leolas
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

I tried it in two diffrent tv's with two diffrent hdmi cables, also tried it in both hdmi ports on the tv it was meant to be used in.

Tried usb power in both tv's, and the 2 external psu's in the tv it was meant to be used in.

Just cant wrap my head around how it suddenly gets corrupted when it was running just fine for few hours from usb port on tv even, and then after a shutdown its suddenly "bricked".

Comment

Working...
      X