MK802IIIS BT v6 / S8B / MK808B AP6210 Clone firmware hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK802IIIS BT v6 / S8B / MK808B AP6210 Clone firmware hunt

Thought I would make a keyword-heavy post to save people the few hours I spent on this:

I recently received a mk808B clone of the type [here] (it was marked as an 808 on the package, but also had a bluetooth sticker applied to the case). It has the expected rk3066 chips and a Broadcom AP6210 wifi/BT chipset with single antenna, making it similar to the a revision (sometimes called v6) of the Rikomagic MK802IIIS that [these spanish dudes found] .

I'm super-new to android, so unfortunately I stupidly wiped out the stock rom it came with. I do remember it was 4.2.2 unrooted and mentioned 3.0.36-hotack#471 or similar. Since then I have tried many, many roms and all have broken wifi/BT. The only one that works so far is the Rikomagic one [here] that downloads as "T005_ruikemei_1080P_AP6210_20130902_V1.0" . Unfortunately the rom is in 1080p and performs terribly.

I've tried a good selection from this [list of RKM 802IIIS BT roms], but not many of the very-recent ones as I'm ideally looking for a rooted 720p 4.1.1 rom with the stagefright fix (man, I've learnt a lot in a day!). Only the same one above worked for me (also tried one of [snakekillers] with no success).

I believe the [Neo x5 Mini ]has the same combo of chips, but doesnt have BT support which is vital for me.

(Interestingly the hotack t005 name you can piece together from the fragments above [does exist], but uses yet another wifi chipset!)

Anyway, hope that saves someone some time.

FW version

The dowload link from RKs site its giving the file "S8B_1080P_AP6210_130902_V1.0.zip" not some strange other name.

They is doing only 1080P roms now not uppscaled 720 that is crapp then all large screens have 1080 not 720 and distroing the pictur with up and down scaling.
    You can alweys setting the HDMI output to 720P if You like have downscaled picur and letting the TV upscaling it and more more power for the CPU (anad "normal" quality on the screen) !!

I have not testing it then I have a erlyer MK802IIIS8B only the "Rikomagic S8B__1080P_20130902_V1.0.zip"
    Last edited by MattWest; 09-27-2013, 00:17.
    MK802IIIS/BT

Comment

Hi, the zip you mention extracts the file I listed above - I included the full name as I thought it might help people track down the original source (the T005 model, possibly hotack or whomever ruikemei is).

Personally I'm more sensitive to variable fps than lower resolution when it comes to video (I work with video a lot so I cant help seeing when something is wrong vs a just bit softer). I would much rather 720p at a solid 30fps than 1080p between 24-30fps that I saw with the 1080p roms I tried. That said, I still havent gotten it fully working so maybe there is a workable 1080p rom.

Comment

Any luck finding a working custom rom?

Comment

Originally posted by k14744 View Post
          I'm super-new to android, so unfortunately I stupidly wiped out the stock rom it came with. I do remember it was 4.2.2 unrooted and mentioned 3.0.36-hotack#471 or similar.

I search the same. I have this screenshot, before killing my Firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by agneshka View Post
            Any luck finding a working custom rom?
            Some people have had success with this ROM http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post100755

However for me the Bluetooth doesnt work, suggesting its another kind of clone, or something weird is happening with the AP6210 drivers.

Comment

Some people have had success with this ROM http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post100755

However for me the Bluetooth doesnt work, suggesting its another kind of clone, or something weird is happening with the AP6210 drivers.
              Hi k14744, how did you get that ROM working???
              is it flashable only by recovery?

Comment

Originally posted by Flegias View Post
                Hi k14744, how did you get that ROM working???
                is it flashable only by recovery?
                I also downloaded the original 2.1, replaced the files in that with the modified ones, then used the flashing tool, as I find the CWM method more irritating.

Comment

I also downloaded the original 2.1, replaced the files in that with the modified ones, then used the flashing tool, as I find the CWM method more irritating.
                  Thank you!
                  I finally have that custom ROM with wifi working!

Comment

Have a look at this post.

Comment

Originally posted by neblogas View Post
                      https://www.dropbox.com/s/msl7aq0i01...30828_V1.0.img

It would be great if somebody could create a custom ROM with better WIFI and BT.
                      This is the solution of the WIFI and BT Problem. It is the Firmware I searched in Post #5.

Comment

RK3066 with AP6210 4.2.2 JB ROM Rikomagic USA IIIS

Hi,

I've been searching for a Custom ROM to use just as K14744 none of the custom ROMs work with WiFI, and I have tried Finless 1.7 V1 Clone and Finless 1.7 Sunvel (don't boot), Snakekiller's 4.2.2 July, and the Rikomagic III S8G(B) 20131107, they load and boot up fine, but no WiFi (Enable switches back to Disable).

I was so frustrated that I opened the device Rikomagic USA IIIS and found it is using the RK3066 SOC and the Broadcom AP6210 and appears identical to the link and pictures from the link K14744 provided to the spanish android forum.

Here is the original ROM rooted 4.2.2 ROM from RikomagicUSA that works with BT and WiFi it is called dual_core_netflix.img and you need to use the RKBatchTool 1.7 to flash with (included).

If anyone knows of working custom ROM for the AP6210, or knows how to extract the images (I tried using AFPTool.exe -unpack and it won't), please provide info, I found that there might be a linux software utility that might and will attempt it using this.
                        Last edited by hi-phile; 11-26-2013, 22:52. Reason: linked pics

Comment

This custom ROM works for me. I have a MK802IIIS device with AP6210 wifi chipset. Wifi and BT working great
                          Last edited by anny; 11-26-2013, 22:09.

Comment

Originally posted by anny View Post
                            This custom ROM works for me. I have a MK802IIIS device with AP6210 wifi chipset. Wifi and BT working great
                            Which Custom ROM?

Comment

Finless 2.1 modified to work with AP6210. I use it myself and it works like a charm.

Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                              X