Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geekbuying MK808b ROMs

HELP!!!! lol
    I am hoping Eric (Geekbuying), Finless or anyone that can give me some good direction can help me out. I have a couple MK808b units one with build Mk808b_v403j2 May/13 and the other with
    Mk808b_v405j2 Jun/13. I am new to the Android side of things and use XBMC all the time, my questions revolve around flashing the ROM. I see there are benefits to doing so but before I jump in I want to be sure I understand.
    1) how can I backup my current ROM or where can I get copies of either of the ROMs above in case I need to jump back?
    2) what do the ROM names above represent, I can see they are not that old but I am unsure what the differences are? Both load Android 4.2
    3) what build should I be using at this point on a Geekbuying MK808b

I'd like to get more into this but again, just want to understand it first. Thanks in advance to anyone !!!!

Here you can find the original june firmware:
    HI guys: This is the new Android 4.2 Firmware for MK808B, it fixed the Netflix Scrambled Problem when annoying you guys for long time! Please notice, this firmware just work with Geekbuying Sold MK808B, Flash on the Copied MK808B will make you lose the wifi and bluetooth, Be Careful. Here is the firmware download link: […]

So no need to backup atm. The june firmware is tha latest official one and includes a netflix fix.
    I suggest using either the stock june build or one of the custom firmwares.

Comment

Originally posted by u4icpsychopath View Post
      HELP!!!! lol
      I am hoping Eric (Geekbuying), Finless or anyone that can give me some good direction can help me out. I have a couple MK808b units one with build Mk808b_v403j2 May/13 and the other with
      Mk808b_v405j2 Jun/13. I am new to the Android side of things and use XBMC all the time, my questions revolve around flashing the ROM. I see there are benefits to doing so but before I jump in I want to be sure I understand.
      1) how can I backup my current ROM or where can I get copies of either of the ROMs above in case I need to jump back?
      2) what do the ROM names above represent, I can see they are not that old but I am unsure what the differences are? Both load Android 4.2
      3) what build should I be using at this point on a Geekbuying MK808b

I'd like to get more into this but again, just want to understand it first. Thanks in advance to anyone !!!!

Use this rom - http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...0730)-_Sep2013 the fastest one at the moment. It's Android 4.1, the 4.2 roms are just slow and not worth it at the moment.
      Just make sure you flash the correct kernel if you have a 'clone' Mk808B and not the original one with RK903 wifi.

Comment

Thx to both mo123 & phinc for your replies and help

Comment

Originally posted by phinc View Post
          Here you can find the original june firmware:
          HI guys: This is the new Android 4.2 Firmware for MK808B, it fixed the Netflix Scrambled Problem when annoying you guys for long time! Please notice, this firmware just work with Geekbuying Sold MK808B, Flash on the Copied MK808B will make you lose the wifi and bluetooth, Be Careful. Here is the firmware download link: […]

So no need to backup atm. The june firmware is tha latest official one and includes a netflix fix.
          I suggest using either the stock june build or one of the custom firmwares.
          Decided to go with your suggestion for my first attempt. Everything worked as far as I can tell, the new build is showing Jun/13 so that is great. The question I have is what do I do with the kernel as it is still showing as May/13. Can I update this as well? My other unit has a Jun/13 kernel also. Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
          X