Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK808 - USB doesn't work in CWM

Hello everyone!

Few months ago I bought my mk808 from geekbuying (so it should be original one). It started working very slow and bad and I started experiencing problems with external audio DAC and micro SD slot so I decided to give Finless 2.1 a try. After installing CWM for mk808 it booted into CWM but I can't navigate.

Furthermore, it seems that USB ports doesn't work at all. I tried my Q7 remote in both USBs but it flashes red (indicating that it can't detect the receiver). Then I tried wireless PC mouse and the same thing: it can't connect to the receiver.

Then I tried a wired mouse with fancy blue light: when connected in OTG the fancy blue LED is working (so there is 5V) but the red one under the mouse doesn't work. When I tried on the other USB, nothing worked at all (no 5V). I don't use an USB hub and I use the power supply I got with mk808.

What now?

Originally posted by XploD View Post
    Hello everyone!

Few months ago I bought my mk808 from geekbuying (so it should be original one). It started working very slow and bad and I started experiencing problems with external audio DAC and micro SD slot so I decided to give Finless 2.1 a try. After installing CWM for mk808 it booted into CWM but I can't navigate.

Furthermore, it seems that USB ports doesn't work at all. I tried my Q7 remote in both USBs but it flashes red (indicating that it can't detect the receiver). Then I tried wireless PC mouse and the same thing: it can't connect to the receiver.

Then I tried a wired mouse with fancy blue light: when connected in OTG the fancy blue LED is working (so there is 5V) but the red one under the mouse doesn't work. When I tried on the other USB, nothing worked at all (no 5V). I don't use an USB hub and I use the power supply I got with mk808.

What now?
    You must use the latest CWM 6.0.3.1
    DepositFiles provides you with a legitimate technical solution, which enables you to upload, store, access and download text, software, scripts, images, sounds, videos, animations and any other materials in form of one or several electronic files.

previous version's usb doesn't work.

You must use a 1080p monitor and plug keyboard/mouse into the full usb port not a hub.
    Have a MK808B and keyboard & Flymouse work perfect in CWM.

Also install this rom on your MK808 for best performance, better than Finless 2.1 rom.

People with Mk808 got it working, just read all the posts.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
      You must use the latest CWM 6.0.3.1
      DepositFiles provides you with a legitimate technical solution, which enables you to upload, store, access and download text, software, scripts, images, sounds, videos, animations and any other materials in form of one or several electronic files.

previous version's usb doesn't work.

You must use a 1080p monitor and plug keyboard/mouse into the full usb port not a hub.
      Have a MK808B and keyboard & Flymouse work perfect in CWM.

Also install this rom on your MK808 for best performance, better than Finless 2.1 rom.

People with Mk808 got it working, just read all the posts.
      Thank you for your response. I'll try that ROM and CWM. But, what to do now? I'm stuck. I can't even boot into android (stock ROM) because I can't pass through CWM. It keeps booting into CWM. Should I flash firstly stock ROM through PC or is there a way to bypass/remove the CWM?

Comment

Thank you for your response. I'll try that ROM and CWM. But, what to do now? I'm stuck. I can't even boot into android (stock ROM) because I can't pass through CWM. It keeps booting into CWM. Should I flash firstly stock ROM through PC or is there a way to bypass/remove the CWM?
        Erase & flash stock rom on PC and try again.

Comment

I flashed this ROM (click) via PC and the device worked again. But this ROM was different from my previous stock so I was on an out-of-date ROM before. Then I installed the CWM you gave me and again the same problems; USBs don't work. Am I doing something wrong?

So after flashing the stock ROM; I powered on the device, connected it via my Google Acc to download WiFi Transfer Pro. I downloaded the CWM you gave me and transfered update.zip on device's internal memory (folder "sdcard") via WiFI File Transfer Pro. Then I shoot down the device, unplugg-plugg and after booting it said that there is an firmware update available. I clicked Yes for installing it, the device rebooted and first I got an red screen with FSS text or something like that and it booted into CWM. But again, mouse nor Q7 don't work. I tried to reboot a few times, nothing.

What should I do now? Is it a faulty device or something?

Comment

I flashed this ROM (click) via PC and the device worked again. But this ROM was different from my previous stock so I was on an out-of-date ROM before. Then I installed the CWM you gave me and again the same problems; USBs don't work. Am I doing something wrong?

So after flashing the stock ROM; I powered on the device, connected it via my Google Acc to download WiFi Transfer Pro. I downloaded the CWM you gave me and transfered update.zip on device's internal memory (folder "sdcard") via WiFI File Transfer Pro. Then I shoot down the device, unplugg-plugg and after booting it said that there is an firmware update available. I clicked Yes for installing it, the device rebooted and first I got an red screen with FSS text or something like that and it booted into CWM. But again, mouse nor Q7 don't work. I tried to reboot a few times, nothing.

What should I do now? Is it a faulty device or something?
            You have to boot to the normal Android desktop.
            Then download a reboot app from google play and reboot to recovery with that or install a
            terminal app and type in 'su' then 'reboot recovery' to boot to CWM. You weren't in CWM Recovery, after you flash CWM Recovery it boots to a non working CWM and you have to restart your device.

Comment

Impossible. When I restart my device, it boots everytime directly into CWM and I can't do anything in it.

Comment

Impossible. When I restart my device, it boots everytime directly into CWM and I can't do anything in it.
                Try pushing a paperclip into the reset hole while you connect the device to a tv, like how you flash on a PC.
                You must have a microSD card with the CWM rom inserted already in the device before connecting.
                Otherwise start from scratch and flash a stock rom again, also follow this instructions http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...rk3066-devices

Comment

I flashed stock ROM again and for now I'm planning to stay on it untill I find out what is exactly my problem. I don't have any nerves left for trying again because one more stuck in CWM and I will smash my mk808 into wall.

I also can't use external SD card. I'm trying with a class 4 8 GB microSD from my mobile phone but it keeps saying Damaged Storage. The card works fine when I put it in my laptop and it has a lot of music on it. I tried to format it but no success. mk808 keeps frustrating me by saying "Storage Damaged".

I was amazed by how cheap those devices are but now I think that even this is expensive for such a lot problems. At least by flashing a new version of stock ROM i fixed the problem with external audio DAC. Now it works again.

Comment

Working...
                  X