mk808c where is the antenna?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mk808c where is the antenna?

So I have an mk808c with the Allwinner A20 chip. It works okay, but the wifi signal is very poor. Unlike what I've seen in pictures for other mk808 models, this one has no antenna wires soldered on the board at all.

I'm assuming I could add an antenna if I could figure out what solder points to use. Any ideas?

Perhaps..
    you could open the 'box' ?
    and post some highRes pictures.. of pcb

(i could not find 'mk808c pcb' pic's on google)

Cheers..

Comment

Okay I attached some pictures of both sides, plus a zoomed in section of what would appear to be the wifi chip (RTL8172).

Thanks!
      Attached Files

Comment

Okay, I found the antenna. In the third picture, the little white chip that says 'inpaq', that is the antenna. Not quite sure what I can do about it, but I'm going to dig a little further.

Comment

AW: mk808c where is the antenna?

When you look on the 3 Picture where you see the WiFi PCB on the right side are 2 Solder Pads on the bottom take a paper clip on one of them and see if your WiFi Signal gets better. If yes you have found the Point where you can solder a Antenna Cable.

Neomode

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9305 mit Tapatalk 2

Comment

poor wifi

Did you solve the problem? I have same issue.

Comment

Nothing really seemed to make much of a difference on the device. I played around with some of my router settings, increased TX power and adjusted the channel. This device seems to be really sensitive to a crowded channel.

Comment

Working...
              X