Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working Finless 2.1 ROM for MK802IIIS with AP6210 wifi chipset

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Working Finless 2.1 ROM for MK802IIIS with AP6210 wifi chipset

    I got a new MK802IIIS.
    Turns out, after plenty of testing, I find out that it has the new wifi AP6210 chipset so wifi or BT does not work with most custom ROMS on this site. . The only ROM that I found that would work with the new wifi chipset was through this thread here

    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post98881

    It runs great; however, I would really like a Finless ROM's working with the new chipset. Bob, I know you are a busy man but if you do have time can you update your ROM - I would be happy to test for you.

    Here is the direct link to the ROM

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/msl7aq0i01...30828_V1.0.img

    Thanks
    Last edited by anny; 11-29-2013, 14:11.

    #2
    Originally posted by anny View Post
    I got a new MK802IIIS.
    Turns out, after plenty of testing, I find out that it has the new wifi AP6210 chipset so wifi or BT does not work with most custom ROMS on this site. . The only ROM that I found that would work with the new wifi chipset was through this thread here

    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post98881

    It runs great; however, I would really like a Finless ROM's working with the new chipset. Bob, I know you are a busy man but if you do have time can you update your ROM - I would be happy to test for you.

    Here is the direct link to the ROM

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/msl7aq0i01...30828_V1.0.img

    Thanks
    I suggest you try what I did. I have a similar device, the Rikomagic USA IIIS (RK3066 + AP6210), I used the RK3XXX Firmware Tool to extract the kernel.img file and replace the Finless 2.1 MK808B ROM with it.

    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post116689

    Comment


      #3
      Finless 2.1 modified to work with AP6210. I use it myself and it works like a charm.

      Enjoy.

      Comment


        #4
        Hello androidyeah.

        Is it working with 1080p or is it only 720p???

        Thank you very much for the effort...

        Comment


          #5
          Comes with 720p boot and kernel only. Simply extract the 1080p files from Finless' genuine rom.

          Comment


            #6
            hi-phile,

            provides back up firmware your 802iiis, please?

            Originally posted by hi-phile View Post
            I suggest you try what I did. I have a similar device, the Rikomagic USA IIIS (RK3066 + AP6210), I used the RK3XXX Firmware Tool to extract the kernel.img file and replace the Finless 2.1 MK808B ROM with it.

            http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post116689

            Comment


              #7
              Thanks to #hi-phile for sharing the kernel of his RK3066 ROM which has the AP6210 wifi chipset, I can confirm that I now have my MK802IIIS, which also has the wifi AP6210 chipset, working on Finless MK808B ROM 2.1 with wifi and BT, woo hoo!! . I am running the 720 version (this kernel came from another ROM - see below) but there is an option of running 1080 (using #hi-philes's kernel). And for those who like to back up their ROM's, CWM is working too.

              If you want to replicate how I done it, here's the steps that I took. (BTW, hyperlinks appear on the words 'download' and 'thread' - the links are very hard to spot on this forum!)

              1. Download Finless 2.1 ROM for the MK808B from this thread
              2. For 720p output download this kernel taken from this thread (post #11)
              3. For 1080p output download this kernel taken from this thread (thanks to #hi-phile)
              4. Run the ROM_Flash_Tool_137 in Finless ROM from step 1
              5. Select your desired kernel (step 2 or step 3)
              6. Flash the ROM
              7. The device will reboot to Finless 2.1 ROM.
              8. Go to settings and switch on wifi and BT
              9. Finger crossed, you're connected to your router.
              10. Go to Play store and set up your Google account
              11. To install CWM download the CWM file discussed in the CWM thread
              12. Unzip CWM file and place in the FinlessROM folder ready for installing
              13. Run the 'reboot' app and select 'bootloader' (or use the reset switch and plugging in the usb cable method to activate the recovery)
              14. Run the ROM_Flash_Tool_137 tool
              15. Deselect all files except misc and recovery. Point the path of the misc and recovery files to the newly downloaded CWM images.
              16. Flash the ROM
              17. The device will reboot and will go straight to CWM.
              18. Select 'reboot system now' to launch your ROM
              19. Fingers crossed, there you have it, Finless 2.1 ROM on the MK802IIIS in 720 or 1080 with wifi and BT and CWM
              20. Tested and working
              21. See sample screenshots



              Hopefully this will be of use to someone else as it took a long time to figure out (well, I am new to RK3066 devices lol). The ROM is going strong, well pleased, thanks Bob!!








              Last edited by anny; 11-27-2013, 14:29.

              Comment


                #8
                netflix not work well

                Hi anny, thanks for your instructions, everything is fine, i get wifi and play store, but netflix not work well, only see subtitles, images are all overlapped, do you know if this is solved with another netflix version for example?
                thanks in advance

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by paul.atreides View Post
                  Hi anny, thanks for your instructions, everything is fine, i get wifi and play store, but netflix not work well, only see subtitles, images are all overlapped, do you know if this is solved with another netflix version for example?
                  thanks in advance
                  Sorry #Paul, I don't use Netflix. Can't help you there mate. I do recall reading on this forum that there may be issues with Netflix and 4.2.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Working Finless 2.1 ROM for MK802IIIS with AP6210 wifi chipset

                    Originally posted by manero View Post
                    hi-phile,

                    provides back up firmware your 802iiis, please?
                    Manero, The link to the back up ROM is available in the other thread I created. Rikomagic USA IIIs RK3066 + AP6210.

                    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Thanks oi-phile
                      Resolved!!!!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by anny View Post
                        Thanks to #hi-phile for sharing the kernel of his RK3066 ROM which has the AP6210 wifi chipset, I can confirm that I now have my MK802IIIS, which also has the wifi AP6210 chipset, working on Finless MK808B ROM 2.1 with wifi and BT, woo hoo!! . I am running the 720 version (this kernel came from another ROM - see below) but there is an option of running 1080 (using #hi-philes's kernel). And for those who like to back up their ROM's, CWM is working too.

                        If you want to replicate how I done it, here's the steps that I took. (BTW, hyperlinks appear on the words 'download' and 'thread' - the links are very hard to spot on this forum!)
                        1. Download Finless 2.1 ROM for the MK808B from this thread
                        2. For 720p output download this kernel taken from this thread (post #11)
                        3. For 1080p output download this kernel taken from this thread (thanks to #hi-phile)
                        4. Run the ROM_Flash_Tool_137 in Finless ROM from step 1
                        5. Select your desired kernel (step 2 or step 3)
                        6. Flash the ROM
                        7. The device will reboot to Finless 2.1 ROM.
                        8. Go to settings and switch on wifi and BT
                        9. Finger crossed, you're connected to your router.
                        10. Go to Play store and set up your Google account
                        11. To install CWM download the CWM file discussed in the CWM thread
                        12. Unzip CWM file and place in the FinlessROM folder ready for installing
                        13. Run the 'reboot' app and select 'bootloader' (or use the reset switch and plugging in the usb cable method to activate the recovery)
                        14. Run the ROM_Flash_Tool_137 tool
                        15. Deselect all files except misc and recovery. Point the path of the misc and recovery files to the newly downloaded CWM images.
                        16. Flash the ROM
                        17. The device will reboot and will go straight to CWM.
                        18. Select 'reboot system now' to launch your ROM
                        19. Fingers crossed, there you have it, Finless 2.1 ROM on the MK802IIIS in 720 or 1080 with wifi and BT and CWM
                        20. Tested and working
                        21. See sample screenshots
                        Hopefully this will be of use to someone else as it took a long time to figure out (well, I am new to RK3066 devices lol). The ROM is going strong, well pleased, thanks Bob!!









                        Hi!

                        I have just bought an RKM mk802IIIS(b) 8gb that I recently upgraded to the 4.2.2 firmware that the official homepage provided (the top one on http://www.rikomagic.com/en/download/download_18_1.html). My device is a Rikomagic but it just has a small RKM logo.

                        Now that I found this guide I tried it out thinking our units are the same. But I just cant get it to work. Followed the guide to the letter. it just stops when I try to flash the rom. just after testing the device and before beginning to download the FW.

                        I opened the unit and I have a rk3066 chipset and a AP6210.

                        One thought is that I might have a newer bootloader. the one I have from stock is 2.07 acording to the rockchip batch tool in the BOOT ver. box. And I see that the bootloader used in Finless rom flash tool is 1.22. Could this be the issue?

                        if so, could anyone point me in the right direction? can I download a newer bootloader and just switch the one in this kit?

                        is there a way to extract the bootloader from the stock iso FW?

                        Thank you so much for an awesome forum with so many talented people!
                        Last edited by Redefine; 01-09-2014, 14:57. Reason: typo

                        Comment


                          #13
                          try this

                          you could try this rom although nothing to do with me, came across it when on a search. Does'nt not work with old verson 802iiis when I tried it, no wifi. But might help you guys out with newer versions.

                          http://blog.w2comp.com/#!/2013/12/15...-firmware.html
                          Last edited by kmac21; 01-09-2014, 16:53. Reason: spelling lol

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by kmac21 View Post
                            you could try this rom although nothing to do with me, came across it when on a search. Does'nt not work with old verson 802iiis when I tried it, no wifi. But might help you guys out with newer versions.

                            http://blog.w2comp.com/#!/2013/12/15...-firmware.html

                            ooh! looks promising! Thank you so much! really slow download though :/ And cant seem to find a faster one..

                            My device is built august 2013 (sticker on the back says 20130802732) so I think my device is the newer version. Does this version have an official name? like RKM mk803IIIS v6 or something? just so I know what to search for in the forums..

                            Maybe I can use parts of this package and merge it with Finless? Thoughts?

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I actually found a newer Boot Loader in a wendel tools package, the version 2.07 wich is the same bootloader version as the stock ROM.

                              I tried the everything according to the guide but this time I changed to the 2.07 bootloader and everything came through without errors. But it wont boot though..

                              The W2COMP version mentioned above had such an aweful donload speed that it canceled on itself.. and I cant find any other sources..

                              I tried something diferent just now. I extracted the boot.img from the stock ROM and tried to use that one instead of the one provided in the finless package. Havent been able to test it out yet cause Im at work sneaking around flashing my device :P

                              Ill let you know how it turns out. Please let me know if you find a better source for the W2COMP custom ROM!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X