RK3066 Jynxbox live troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK3066 Jynxbox live troubles

I have a Jynxbox live which is RK3066, it was working fine with maxxfiber until now, even before my subscribtion ran out it stopped working and tried to update and failed, it keeps going to the screen with the dead green robot (the system recovery screen). And i tried many things to fix it to no avail.

Because of all these troubles I have tried to jailbreak my device with ROMs that i have found on this website. But none of them work! The one that got the furthest was avion's. I was able to load his with the Android tool v2.1 and even his kernel but when it gets to the desktop screen it just blinks on and off and there is no apps or anything that i can use its just a blank desktop blinking on an off never ending. Is there a ROM that anyone has used with one of these "jynbox live" boxes (NOT jynxbox M6)

thanks for any help in advance!!
    Leo

Use finless bob rom in amilogic thread.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

wow a reply! thanks a lot man I'm going to check it out right now.

Comment

WEll i looked it up and tried it but this rom doesn't load onto my box using either his method in the README.txt he providedd or using the android tool v2.1, it would seem this is for Jynxbox M6 which runs on a diffrent platform... i have a simpler box which is RK3066, so it uses rockchip not amlogic, need roms for that thanks

Comment

jajajaja a cuple of years later i notice you send the guy to kill the poor box

Comment

Just before Jynxbox broke-up their MaxxFiber service from being bundled with their Jynxbox, Jynxbox released an Android 4.4.x firmware update that Maxxfiber released to their subscribers. I was one of those subscribers and managed to not only get the firmware update files, but also updated about 10 of these devices for various people. It's a very nice fast custom rom and works very well. If anyone needs it, please let me know and I'll put it up on some file sharing website.

Since it's now considered a very old device, not too many people out there are still using it on the even older Android 4.2 firmware, but using this Android 4.4 firmware it still worth keeping and even using as a daily driver for certain apps. OneBox HD 1.0.1, Mega Box HD 1.0.5, and even Swift Streamz work very well on it for live tv, and streaming shows and movies as well, even with the sever hardware resource limitations of this device.

It's one way to keep an otherwise old device out of the landfill and still be useful to someone.

Comment

Working...
              X