Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK3066 Android Root conundrum

Hi Guys,

I'm having trouble trying to root a Android TV, according to SETTINGS menu > About VERSION, this model is RK3066.
    It was purchased awhile ago from China (Alibaba). Its running Android version 4.4.2, I've tried everything I could possibly source online and on this forum to execute root, the device still fails to accept root.
    I've used the correct Windows drivers (USB OTG, with USB debugging enabled), it recognises as connected when i use the command 'ADB devices' and in Device manager.

So far, I've tried Arctool, this fails to gain permission on write, when i try to install a recovery, then i tried Kingoroot apk, which fails after sticking at 90% for a while then reboots android.
    The objective is to backup/clone this device system/app (if possible the data) and to restore on MK808 dongle (RK3066), and from what I've read so far, CWM offers a backup/restoration at root level (nandroid).

The best progress I've made is using IORoot script which reboots in recovery, but there's no option to backup, so I've tried to place a generic version of CWM RECOVERY.zip in SD card and apply the update from SD Card, this fails with the error: E: signature verification failed
    The RK3066 device has no visible reset button... and it comes with a IR remote, resembling a TV remote.
    I've added picture of the motherboard and the remote in ZIP format, this can be found on following dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9b20vgxvr7...16815.zip?dl=0

Thanks for reading.. forgive me if the above sounds confusing, any questions feel free to ask.. let me know if I'm doing something wrong, I'm a total n00b to Android Root/ROM'in.
    Also,happy to pay/donate for support for this site and the individuals time and effort.

Many Thanks,

Harry
Working...
X