Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZaapTV HD509N

Hello everybody.
    Im new to this forum but i have searched far and wide nnd i ended here. And i like it.

I have this ZaapTV HD509N
    this is a big scam company where you buy a box and get some "free" tv then after 3 years nothing works and they wont you to renew a subscription you never agreed to.

However, im sitting with this android box with rockchip 3066 its starting directly into their "software/program" and not original android.

Does anyone here have the skills to take the standard firmware and remove their zaap stuff so this box isnt completely useless?

I am looking for a similar solution. I have come here looking for more info on Finless, which is reputed to be awesome for the MK808, which uses the same CPU. Does anybody have any info on compatibility?

Comment

I just took the lid off my ZaapTV 509N. Here's the chips I've found:
      *CPU: RockChip RK3066
      *WiFi: Realtek RTL8188EUS (http://www.realtek.com.tw/products/p...n=4&ProdID=407)
      *Audio-Video: RockChip RK1000-S (http://www.haoyuelectronics.com/serv...HEET%20V14.pdf)
      *Memory: Nanya nt5cb256m8fn-di
      *Board: RM-MPEG-66G

Any ideas if another device uses this exact layout so the ROMs could be cross compatible?

Comment

Originally posted by tlhIngan View Post
        I just took the lid off my ZaapTV 509N. Here's the chips I've found:
        Any ideas if another device uses this exact layout so the ROMs could be cross compatible?
        Looks like this CPU+WiFi combo was also found in:
        *Ugoo UG802
        *Minix Neo G4
        *Rikomagik MK802 III

Comment

hi i have exactly the same problem as u i bought that ******* scam tv box for 350 euro im so pissed of did u find any solution for it ?

Comment

Originally posted by err35 View Post
            hi i have exactly the same problem as u i bought that ******* scam tv box for 350 euro im so pissed of did u find any solution for it ?
            Hi ,

you did what , you paid 350 for a RK3066 Box , do i understand this right ??? ,

this Boxes are 6 Years old or older ,

a shame to them selling the HD709 , a S805 / Mali450MP4 for this Money

is a Crime , for sure , this Company must be stopped .

This PCBs can be bought for nearly nothing . Maybe you can flash a stock

RK3066 Rom , but the Specs must be the same ,

is it really a RK3066 CPU ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

sorry for the late respond its actually a maax tv ln5000hd and yes i paid for it 350 alsmost 3 years ago it was advertised as totally free no payment needed for the service (arabic iptv) just buy the box and u good to go so i opened the box and it has the same chips as the 509n i flashed the zaap firmware trough recovery to see if it works on the box and it does even the remote control works everything is the same just different name at the boot after that i tried the ugoo ug802 finless firmware 1.7a it wroked but i cant turn the device off and also the remote control and wifi dont work maybe it can be fixed somehow?

where can i find the rk3066 stock rom maybe this would fix the shutdown problem?
              Last edited by err35; 07-24-2018, 11:59.

Comment

Hi ,

you can unpack the Zaap FW and try to flash recource & kernel.img afterwards ,

maybe this helps , good luck ,

gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
                  Hi ,

you can unpack the Zaap FW and try to flash recource & kernel.img afterwards ,

maybe this helps , good luck ,

gefattern
                  is it possible to flash those files trough recovery mode? i installed the cwm recovery on it

Comment

Hi ,

i am not sure , but i think u must use a PC , ever done ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

nevermind i tried another firmware from the minix neo g4 shutdown works now and wifi too only the remote control doesnt work but ill use a wireless mouse instead thank you very much for your help and replies
                      Last edited by err35; 07-24-2018, 19:27.

Comment

nevermind i tried another firmware from the minix neo g4 shutdown works now and wifi too only the remote control doesnt work but ill use a wireless mouse instead thank you very much for your help and replies
                        Hi ,

sounds good , and please do not buy this kind of Boxes anymore , i am not a Pro in that but most

IPTV Channels can be looked with KODI / LibreElec & similar too , i think ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Can you upload the file Please.
                          I got one and alot of my frinds have them.

Comment

Hello err35, How did you do ? Can you explain to me how can I use the minix neo g4 firmware on MaaxTV box ? Thanks lot !

Comment

HI ,

this are Boxes for the Trash , RK3066 is for sure 8 Years old , throw it in the Trash , buy a new one ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Working...
                              X