help me root my rk3066 tv box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help me root my rk3066 tv box

i was redirected here from another forum, they said you might help me.
    i've got this (http://www.dhgate.com/product/smart-...159864502.html) tv box from a friend and i've been trying to root it for the last 2 weeks with no success. the setting menu didn't help me very much, the model number says: RK30SDK.
    i know the procecor is a cortex-A9 dual core, and i opened it to find the wifi chip which is a realtek rtl8188ctv, hope it helps some how.
    im not thinking of flashing the device yet (my end goal is to be able to install droidmote) but if it will help i will do it too.
    this is my first time trying to root any Android device, so I am kind of a newbie any help will be much appreciated, Thank you.

Needs more info..
    Did you 'enable' USB debugging? Under settings developer
    What have you tried? What tools
    Have you tried find the usb-otg port and connecting it to a pc?
    Does windows reconise the android unit?

Encase something goes wrong:

Cheers

Comment

thanks for replying mitchell4you, I've enabled the USB debugging in the device.
      it's connected to an xp 32 machine, and it is detected it and named it "android ADB interface".
      i tried using the "techknow Uberizer", and "SuperOneClick ShortFuse", and some other tutorials.
      what is the usb-otg port? can you help me with this? I'll be extremely grateful
      Last edited by nshisrael; 12-22-2013, 13:52.

Comment

after more research i think i have a problem with my ADB drivers. i tried lots of drivers with the same result. the xp is recognising the device, but every utility i am trying to connect it to is giving me a similar error: unknown device 0123456789 abcdef.
        any thoughts on how to resolve this issue?

Comment

I would probably try uninstalling adb driver...
          Then install 'moborobe'
          Then reconnect device..
          Then see if moborobe.. connects with your unit.
          If yes
          Shutdown moborobo.. fully
          Then use 'superonclick' or TPsarky

Goodluck

Or try this new tool..
          Hi guys: I have met a lot of customers complaint, the computer can’t find their tv sticks or tv box, or they can’t install the usb drivers on their windows PC. Now rockchip just release a new drivers auto-installation tools to solve all of the things: It supports Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8. […]
          Last edited by mitchell4you; 12-26-2013, 17:15.

Comment

good evening to all, i'm newbie of tvbox, i read many page in this forum,. i have ug802 and i have install adb usb driver , but moborobo not connect to my tv box, i have switch to on usb debug and connect my rk3066 box to my pc with windows 8.1 pro. please what driver are right for this box? i want to root and i want to install picuntu ... thanks a lot.

Comment

i resolve with right driver adb . i have rooted my device , next step for me is flash finless 1.8.

Comment

Working...
              X