X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UG802 Finless ROM 1.6 "custom" JellyBean - Made from MK802-3

Hey folks.... If you all have been following this thread:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...re-31-Oct-2012

Then you know we have been busy working on a new ROM for the ug802!!!

So what is 1.6 for the ug802? Well we have all been waiting for a updated kernel from ugoos right?
    We all got tired of waiting! The MK802-3 just came out and in fact uses the same wifi hardware. So the MK802-3 kernel WORKS! I also used the system from the MK802-3 in hopes it is better tuned for video/audio sync.
    We shall see. Only users testing will tell us!
    So basically this is the MK802-3 kernel and system files which really make up the full ROM.
    So it is basically the MK802-3 ROM completely!
    This ROM has NOT been patched in anyway! It is stock MK802-3 ROM.
    There are NO ug802, MK808, etc files put in this ROM. It is 100% MK802-3 ROM except it uses the MK808 recovery. We could not use the ug802 recovery because the system looks for update.zip not update.img and thus they were not cross compatible.

This is a BETA ROM. I tested as much as I could but you guys will be crash test dummies

WARNING TO PEOPLE THAT CANNOT USE THE FLASH TOOLS AND NEED UPDATE.IMG
    The newer JB Recoveries have changed with this ROM. ONCE YOU FLASH THIS either with the flash tool or update.img, the system will NEVER look for update.img again! Instead it looks for update.zip which is a totally different format. Thus if you cannot flash the hard way with the tools and you update to this ROM with update.img. You will NOT be able to go back with a older update.img like before!!!! However you can ALWAYS go back using the flash tools.
    Later I will see if I can make the stock ROM into an update.zip. I am pretty sure I can.

Features in 1.6 ROM:

1) Fully rooted with the latest SU and SUperUser.apk
    2) All GAPPs updated to latest. This includes the latest Play Store and GMS Core.
    3) Debloated of unusable APPs.
    4) Cleaned up the file system so it is not fragmented! Basicly I used linux tune2fs when making the images.
    5) I added a reboot APP that will allow you to reboot the device from the Android UI. No more unplugging the unit!

6) Full init.d support has been added! If you do not know what that is... ignore it.
    Basically it allows you to install scripts that run at boot time.
    If your interested, google search V6SuperCharger for a neat speed booster script.

7) I added the Xbox Xpad.ko module to support Xbox controllers.

8) ADDED BONUS but only if you flash this ROM the hard way! User APP space by default is only 504MB.
    I have now given you 2 parameter files to chose from! A 1GB APP space and a 2GB APP space choice!
    By default the 1GB is chosen in the flash tool. This leaves 1.67GB Internal SDcard.
    You can choose the 2GB parameter file which will leave you with only 670MB Internal SDcard.
    The choice is yours!
    So, if you flash this ROM using the PC based flash tool, you get more APP space. However, using
    the SDcard update.img method for this ROM still leaves you with 504MB. Update.img from SDcard cannot
    repartition the memory space. So if you want the larger APP space, use the PC flash tool.
    To choose the 2GB parameter file, in the flash tool click the empty box to the far right of the parameter line.
    A file browser will open. Navigate to the FinlessROM folder and select the parameter2gb file.
    YOU MUST ERASE NAND (IDB) for this to work!

9) I downgraded flash player to 11.1.115.17 and the stock Browser since the stock MK802-3 Flash and Browser did not work!
    The stock Browser now works with Flash.I removed the Chrome browser so if you want it, go to the play store.
    BUT BE WARNED! Chrome no longer AT ALL supports Flash player!
    If you want FLash content, use the stock browser or some other browser.

OK so here is the download link for my FInless 1.6 UG802 ROM.
    In the ROM kit there is a read me! This has full instructions for how to upgrade with the PC ROM flash tool. So PLEASE read the read me!

No Easy Update will be available as it cannot be done for this ROM

Here is the PC based flash tool version of my 1.6 ROM:

ROM -> ug802 Finless 1.6 ROM PC flash tool version (225 megs)

Enjoy,
    Bob
    Last edited by Finless; 11-25-2012, 22:09.
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

NOTE GUYS!

SDcard update version is not working right now. Hang tight while I find out the problem.

Bob

Comment

first

Comment

"File does not exist please contact the systems administrator" @ ug802_finless16_sdcard_update_version.zip :

Edit: Okay, thanks for the info. Waiting for a solution

Comment

Downloading now, will check in with my findings!.

thanks for the hardwork!.

Comment

You guys are way too fast... I just tested sdcard update version and it failed. So hang tight while I find out why.

Bob

Comment

big, big thx as always! let the games begin... ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                You guys are way too fast... I just tested sdcard update version and it failed. So hang tight while I find out why.

Bob
                Is it just the upload that failed or does it fail to flash @ stick?

Comment

It fails to flash and now I think I know why. Recovery reports OUT OF SPACE when it tries to update.

You update.img guys maybe out of luck! Let me tell you why.
                  The parameter file controls the partitioning of space. JellyBean is MUCH larger than ICS was. In the stock parameter file system is partitioned as 336 megs. Jelly bean needs about 400 megs!

Update.img does NOT repartition NAND! So I cant make update.img make the system space larger to fit JellyBean!

I am still looking into this. I may have tomake a striped down version and see if I can get it to fit in existing system space.

Stay tuned. I will try my best.

Bob

Comment

Hmm, do you know if it would work to plug the stick with a A/A USB Cable to the pc and flash over the normal usb port, instead of the micro-usb ?

Comment

Good News !

Bob, I have a JB firmware for UG007, it also works good, WIFI working, now I'm uploading update.zip to ex.ua and I'll bring it to You.

So many JB variants, it's very goooooood.

Comment

So far...

flashed through your tool, on restart it came up with a google tv logo and hanged. i restarted it then the rom started to finish up the flash.

also can't connect to wifi, shall try with a closer tv.

EDIT: wifi connects when closer, but seems to drop but its still working well
                        Last edited by paradoxpsp; 11-04-2012, 15:36.

Comment

downloading now , gonna test on ug802III .

Comment

Originally posted by paradoxpsp View Post
                            So far...flashed through your tool, on restart it came up with a google tv logo and hanged. i restarted it then the rom started to finish up the flash.
                            same here. besides that everything seems to run smoothly... have to leave for sports now and will check back later. thumbs up for now!

Comment

Hmmmm, every video I try to stream from lan share now comes up with "Can't play this video"
                              Same videos play fine of copied to sdcard.

**edit**
                              Seems I'm having an ES File Explorer + MXPlayer issue, although it works fine in the experimental frankenbuilds

**edit** Bizarre-ness
                              If I erase NAND and flash this 1.6 ROM, ES File Explorer + MXPlayer will not play videos from LAN (stock video player does, but no file seeking sux)

If I erase NAND, flash the frankenbuild of MK808 1.5 system with boot.img from the MK802-3 ROM....ES File Explorer + MXPlayer works perfectly.
                              Additionally, if I now flash this 1.6 ROM without first erasing NAND,
                              ES File Explorer + MXPlayer works perfectly.
                              Last edited by plushsat; 11-04-2012, 18:39.

Comment

Working...
                              X