Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem persists

Hi guys,
    I managed to install the latest rom and I thought to test it with my video files... I am using BSPlayer Free to play in LAN mode some files stored on my WD Live NAS... I ran into a problem with a mkv file, a bluray backup actually. The file is around 5 gb (Madagascar3). It plays for a while, not long, about 20 seconds, sometimes less and then it reboots but gets stuck at the boot animation. I have to unplug it, plug it back in to be able to use it...
    I thought at first that it was the psu, but I tried two different bricks of higher amperage and it was the same. The biggest one was a 4A Lite-On psu for a Motorola satellite/cable receiver. I kinda ruled out the psu.
    What else can it be? I am running at 1242mhz, so no overclock. Should I put a heatsink? Is there an thermal threshold after which the unit just reboots itself?
    It sucks not being able to watch everything...
    Thanks in advance guys!

Comment

Hey alex, could you recompile a kernel with touchscreen support? I just want the ug802 to think it has a touchscreen so that I could just touch emulation with sixaxis controller app

Here is a link for another tab on how to recompile with touchscreen support.

Another method could be to implement an idc file

Comment

Originally posted by lambstone View Post
        Hey alex, could you recompile a kernel with touchscreen support? I just want the ug802 to think it has a touchscreen so that I could just touch emulation with sixaxis controller app

Here is a link for another tab on how to recompile with touchscreen support.

Another method could be to implement an idc file

http://source.android.com/tech/input/touch-devices.html
        Lambstone.... please man.... we will look at doing this so please stop asking in 18 different forums and making the same request over and over again.. Sorry man but people need a break.... We got it OK... if we can we will try.

Bye the way... that stuff your providing is Gingerbread! It will take some work to make that happen on later OS's. Maybe ask the touch screen company for updated drivers!

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Rosewill RNX-MiniN1 compatibility

Forgive me if something similar has been covered before, but I have a Rosewill RNX-MiniN1 that uses chipset RTL8188CUS and I would like to try it out with this rom. In modules I tried renaming the 8188 drivers to rkwifi.ko and neither worked. I also tried the 8192 drivers. Any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post

ROM DOWNLOAD -> ug802 2dark4u/Finless 1.7 ROM (247 megs)

I hope you enjoy this KICK ASS ROM! Well Alex and I thnk it is kick ass
            Would enjoy it if it came with the sources in compliance with the GPL. We already got precanned binaries from RockChip. What we need is sources and not more people making money and ill-gaining notoriety from GPL violations.

Comment

Originally posted by ether0 View Post
              Would enjoy it if it came with the sources in compliance with the GPL. We already got precanned binaries from RockChip. What we need is sources and not more people making money and ill-gaining notoriety from GPL violations.
              Hey man, take it easy....I understand you ask for the sources, it is in your rights but....I'm pretty sure they're not making money from that. This is not their work!!! They're doing it for hobby and for joy. Your're not obligated to make donations to benefit from the rom....so don't say stupid things, please.

Also the ads in the page still remain without pubs...but they have to pay the bill of the hosting, haven't they?

If you wanna complain about GPL, do it to ugoos, rikomagic, rockchip and others that are always delaying to release the binaries or sources, but don't do that to the guys that make their products to work better....

Comment

Originally posted by hammondb4 View Post
                Hey man, take it easy....

If you wanna complain about GPL, do it to ugoos, rikomagic, rockchip and others that are always delaying to release the binaries or sources, but don't do that to the guys that make their products to work better....
                Why should we complain to any of these manufacturers? They are just making money from the hardware sales, not from the software. Anyone can run whatever software on their devices. Who is buying these units because of the software they are coming with? So why should they release the source code?
                This is not about license, GPL or any legal requirement, it is about respect. Showing respect for the work of the countless other Linux kernel developers who made these devices possible at all. If they would not have published their work we would have possibly a very different ecosystem right now (probably this forum would not even exist), try to mod iOS similarly...
                It would be great to see Bob's and 2dark4u's opinion on this question.

Otherwise thanks for the rom, as I too did not by my UG802 for the sake of the factory software

Comment

Originally posted by asterx View Post
                  Why should we complain to any of these manufacturers? They are just making money from the hardware sales, not from the software. Anyone can run whatever software on their devices. Who is buying these units because of the software they are coming with? So why should they release the source code?
                  This is not about license, GPL or any legal requirement, it is about respect. Showing respect for the work of the countless other Linux kernel developers who made these devices possible at all. If they would not have published their work we would have possibly a very different ecosystem right now (probably this forum would not even exist), try to mod iOS similarly...
                  It would be great to see Bob's and 2dark4u's opinion on this question.

Otherwise thanks for the rom, as I too did not by my UG802 for the sake of the factory software
                  No, what I tried to say is the same you're saying. I agree with you. I was only trying to say that if 'someone' wants to complain, don't complain with rom/kernel developers...they deserves the utmost respect from all of us cause they're doing a very nice work, and free.

Comment

i'm pretty sure that somewhere in these forums, i've seen where bob has linked to his "git" repositories where the source files are located. i haven't looked much further than that because as of now, source code is useless to me. but, my point is that the source is released. it's just not bundled with the rom that 99.99% of the people here need.

Comment

The mods to this ROM were made from available sources for RK3066!!! There are links all over this forum for those sources. There is no way I would put 5gig of sources in the ROM kit! We cannot afford that kind of download size for 99% of the people that just want the ROM and don't care about sources.

So you want the sources?

Here you go:

What we need is sources and not more people making money and ill-gaining notoriety from GPL violations.
                      Nice way to ask!
                      Ill-gained notoriety? WTF! Please DON'T use our ROM and go freakin make your own. This way you do not have to use the FREE TIME we put in for everyone GAINING ILL-GAINED NOTORIETY..... Sorry but I call A-hole here.

Bob

Comment

Don't be so hard on him Bob, MAYBE he didn't see the price tag on this wonderful rom (FREE). maybe he didn't see that you (Bob and 2dark) are doing this in your copious free time, and MAYBE he didn't take the time to read, scan or even take a look to all the threads of this forums so he can see what this is about!

Maybe he thinks this is some kind of online shop where you are selling the mods to an ill-gained original (and wonderful to begin) rom!

... or maybe he is just a moron!

Ohhh and this rom is just GREAT!! (Even if it confers ill-gained notoriety)

Best Regards
                        Last edited by cheveguerra; 12-05-2012, 19:29. Reason: Added some irony!!

Comment

If you saw the PM's he sent to 2dark4u, I think everyones decision on him would be the latter.

His motiviation is he wants something (a custom PC resolution that HDMI does not support) and because he cant get it, he is trying to "strong arm" 2dark4u demanding he gives up his work! Even if Alex did, I doubt this guy would know what to do with it! Sources are out there and if he can do kernel work he can just as easily use that and make his own resolution change! Alex is not the first guy to make a custom kernel with a resolution change! It's not rocket science!

Now, had the guy asked nicely instead of demanding and being a A-hole, Alex is such a nice guy he probably would have tried to help him if it was possible. But when you project an attitude like what was in his PM's to Alex, your not going to get much help from people doing work for FREE!
                          I mean come on.... Another person that feels "entitled" and that someone MUST do what they want for him

I found his PM's to Alex quite appalling myself.

Bob

Comment

ill-gained eh?!

This rom is illin', and I've definitely gained promised functionality out of this little device.

** though I still cant a benchmark app to not crash during the graphics portion of tests.

Comment

Re: NEW - UG802 2dark4u/Finless custom ROM version 1.7 - true 1080 and overclock - AND best performance ever!

First things first Finless and Dark U both ROCK I luv this rom and all the other awesome work you have done since the UG802 was released. I have one dilemma which I am hoping someone can help me with. After the initial install, when I turn the unit off, I have 2, no matter what rom i am on when i start the little bugger back up I cannot get anything non-market to install, I have unknown sources checked, and i get no error messages at all I just cannot get the install button to work, I click it and it is like the mouse pointer is trying to click a non-functioning link, it won't click no matter what i do. Anyone else have this problem cause for me it's on both sticks? I am totally stumped, if i want to install apps from amazon or android pit i have to install them on phone or kindle back them up with rom toolbox and transfer to the UG802 through computer, sometimes I can get that to work and sometimes not, go figure. Anywho that's my luck. I would appreciate any feedback on what to try next, even tried changing build.prop that work on one of the sticks on 1.6 finless but not the other.

Thanks again for all the hard work, so when I have some $$ i will be showing my appreciation by trying to help.

ss

Sent from my rk30sdk using Tapatalk 2
                              Last edited by Finless; 12-05-2012, 21:00. Reason: fixed large spacing

Comment

It appears sometimes for me. In order to install side loaded apps I have to reboot 2 or 3 times, and I eventualy install them.

ss

Sent from my rk30sdk using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]
                                Last edited by Finless; 12-05-2012, 21:00. Reason: fixed large spacing

Comment

Working...
                                X