OLD - UG802 2dark4u/Finless custom ROM version 1.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2dark4u View Post
    Change Your power source to proper DC 5V 2000mA or better, your problem is a lack of power/unstable PS, I'm sure.

We tested, stock power source and I can conclude it can't bring enough electricity for overclocked UG802 cable too thin to get 2A current and digital noise from not well filtered PS as a result reboots and unstable work with stock/cheap PS.

better performance bigger amount of electricity needed, it's OK.
    I don't mean to argue with you, but the only thing that has changed is rom. My usb HUB has own PS, i am using rom with clocks 1200 (that was max frequency even in the last ROM). But i am not giving up the possiblity of HW problem. Will report soon.

Comment

I have got MK808,
      I use that new firmware for ug802 to my mk808. Y

esterday and today I have got a different problem.
      Yesterday , I had downloaded deadhp1's 1080p firmware for mk808, I have tried the 2dark4u &finless firmware. I tried all version, for 1080p and 720p.. I plug off the hdmi cable, and plug in again, power off, and power on again, I have changed the hdmi cable. Nothing is changed.

Please check the picture below, and suggest me, what is the solution? or what is the problem?

Best Regards

Comment

Congrats guys

My fingers are iching to start the flashing (of UG802). I never did a flash but with the help of good instruction , some good luck and a lot of divine intervention I will do it properly
        Before that, I have a question. Has sopcast sound? I heard that Jelly bean is not 100% compatible with sopcast.

Comment

No sound

Just flashed my UG802 with kernel_1080_CPU1272_GPU466_RAM1120.img and sound is not working. I can also report same problem with usb hub. When i connect mouse directly then it works, but still no sound.

Comment

broken micro usb at crucial moment!

After using my UG802 on a daily basis for almost 2 months my micro usb has broken whilst flashing this 1.7 Rom. Totally Gutted. Was really looking forward to this Rom.

I don't have a soldering kit and wouldn't feel confident enough to try fixing the micro usb. As I'm currently using 1.6 that was flashed using the Flash Tool and repartitioned so I have 1 gig of internal storage, is it possible to somehow flash 1.7 via the sd card?

I think this is going to be a common issue because most mico usb connections will eventually fail on these units due to poor design.

Comment

I am using the following kernel / boot, the only issue so far is that the WiFi (signal now strong) does not let me stream content like ip security cameras (IP Camera Viewer Lite app). I can stream with Ethernet, but if I try to switch views it will hang up. One of my TVs also caused a boot loop when I powered the UG802 from its USB port. I switched to an external power supply (DC 5V 2000mA) and it stopped. Is there any danger in using a USB power supply from a tablet (like the HP Touchpad power supply, 5.3v 2A)? What is the max power supply rating that we should look for to power the UG802 running 1.7 (the min is DC 5V 2000mA correct)?

kernel_720_CPU1272_GPU466_RAM1120.img
              boot720.img

Comment

Originally posted by flyer69 View Post
                I am using the following kernel / boot, the only issue so far is that the WiFi (signal now strong) does not let me stream content like ip security cameras (IP Camera Viewer Lite app). I can stream with Ethernet, but if I try to switch views it will hang up. One of my TVs also caused a boot loop when I powered the UG802 from its USB port. I switched to an external power supply (DC 5V 2000mA) and it stopped. Is there any danger in using a USB power supply from a tablet (like the HP Touchpad power supply, 5.3v 2A)? What is the max power supply rating that we should look for to power the UG802 running 1.7 (the min is DC 5V 2000mA correct)?

kernel_720_CPU1272_GPU466_RAM1120.img
                boot720.img
                Most people have to use an external power supply. Very common. 5V is needed and it does not matter how high the amperage rating is. Most people require a minimum of 2 amp or 2000m amp. Again more amps doesnt hurt.

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju Å¡to čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Tried 2gb, 6gb and 11gb mkv 1080p videos with bx player pro HW acceleration and it works perfectly in 1080p!

I just had to resize the screen a bit in settings to get rid of a small black border.

Google play works for me. I can now download apps directly from the store that weren't "supported" by the device before.

Still testing but one issue I do have (same as with 1.6) is wifi just stopping when I try to use something that needs internet access.
                  I can't turn it back on later.
                  "Sometimes" a hard reboot (disconnecting the power supply) will make it turn on and show the available APs again, but as soon as I try to connect to them (I say "them" because I have 2 routers) it will either connect but disconnect later as I mentioned, or disconnect immediately and say "out of range".
                  I have the ug802 case completely open with the wifi cable hanging out and one of my router which shows full signal is just 3 meters away.
                  I tried lowering the TX output to 25% on the router because sometimes devices jam when there is too much signal, but same issue.

Only way I can get internet access now is with a cheap usb to ethernet adapter I have.

I tried disconnecting everything from the ug802 (except for mouse) but no go.
                  My power supply is a 1A psu that came with it from in4dealz. It may not be 1A but I never get blackouts or anything which I do get if I connect the ug802 using the TVs usb port.
                  I'll try to get a 2A psu... maybe there isn't enough juice to power up the wifi chip

If you guys want I can run some tests for you.
                  Not sure what's going on really.

Oh, I', running kernel_1080_CPU1272_GPU466_RAM1120.img
                  I even tried setting the cpu to 1ghz using setcpu to see if I could get more power for the wifi chip, but nothing.

Like I said, I had the same problem with 1.6.
                  Not with 1.4 or 1.4a though. (never tried 1.5)

Comment

Hi folks!

Successfully installed kernel_1080_CPU1272_GPU466_RAM1120.img, but either Atuntu or CPU Control shows 816Mhz with default governor "interactive". If I set "performance" I can get 1272Mhz. It should be like that?

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by bads View Post
                      Just flashed my UG802 with kernel_1080_CPU1272_GPU466_RAM1120.img and sound is not working. I can also report same problem with usb hub. When i connect mouse directly then it works, but still no sound.
                      Flashed with stock kernel and sound works.
                      Anyone have same problem? Any clues how to work this around?
                      Thanx

Comment

Originally posted by bads View Post
                        Flashed with stock kernel and sound works.
                        Anyone have same problem? Any clues how to work this around?
                        Thanx
                        so the problem with USB hub is gone with default kernel? Man i really wished for the 1080p version

Comment

AnTuTu Benchmark causes restart

Maybe is on my device but AnTuTu Benchmark causes restart

Comment

Originally posted by xapato13 View Post
                            Maybe is on my device but AnTuTu Benchmark causes restart
                            for me it was like half of apps that restarted device. I'll try default kernel when glue gets hard (torned out micro-usb port)
                            Last edited by Gasp; 12-01-2012, 19:44.

Comment

are you working even on MK808 ti give us a rom similar to this one ? thanks

Comment

Screeching sound

I have noticed that flashing with the 720p or 1080p kernel gives out a screeching sound when playing audio. default kernel is ok.

anyone experiencing this?

Comment

Working...
                                X